“Warm & Friendly, Cozy & Charming”
Review of Ryan's River Lodge

and 1 more site!
Ryan's River Lodge
Ranked #3 of 13 Cong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed 3 nights and was delighted with the service, room, food, comfort, and location. My hobby is photography and I like to travel to different locations in Ireland and so have stayed at many different B&B's. Ryan's River Lodge has moved to the top of my list for 'Best'. I was so impressed with Martha Ryan -- energetic, friendly, extremely helpful, and efficient. She and her husband also do the cooking and baking. I highly recommend having lunch in the Cafe -- I chose to have lunch there every day because the food is delicious and beautifully presented. Breakfast was excellent and speedily served every morning. A good night's sleep every night with only the sound of the river flowing and the little waterfall a bit further down the street. My room was so charming -- felt as though I was in an Irish cottage. Ryan's River Lodge is a most lovely B&B in a wonderful location. I highly recommend it. Ryan's River Lodge make you feel like family.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have a lovely view of the river.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank eireseeker

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We did not make a reservation, just dropped in and knocked at the back door, Mrs. Martha showed us two rooms and we chose a standard rooms with view to the river for €60. Room is very small but extremely clean, at night we opened the window and listen the water running over a short waterfall and that was very peaceful, relaxing and remarkable. Seems like I still hear that sweet sound and see the swan family just from our window. The location is simply amazing, just next door to the museum of the "Quiet Man" filmed in Cong in 1951 and a few minutes away from 3 best pubs/restaurants in town and 15 minutes walking from the Ashford Castle. We enjoyed our stay, wish we could spend more time there, the breakfast was traditional Irish, people are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about everything in Cong, Martha helped us to organize the taxi to go to the train station, and her husband took us for the fishing trip one day, I am sure if we would get a fish, they would help to find someone to cook it! Thank you, you are great hosts!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ena314
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stopped here today on our way to Clonbur, just for a quick snack. To say we were impressed is an understatement. The food was fresh and plentiful, the service was extremely friendly and efficient yet not 'in your face' and the premises was immaculate. We actually commented that there wasn't so much as a speck of dust to be seen!!! A lovely spot in a gorgeous location.
Well done folks!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank BMooreIreland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I, who are pensioners and widely travelled, stayed at Ryan's River Lodge for 3 nights in July 2014 and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent; especially the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Martha is a lovely warm person and we were welcomed with a friendliness that did one's heart good. She has a wealth of knowledge of the Cong and surrounding area and was so helpful. Our room was lovely and we wanted for nothing. Indeed it was of a far superior standard than many a four-star hotel. We can thoroughly recommend Ryan's River Lodge as an excellent place to stay. We stayed in room 5 and it was really quiet and we slept soundly every night

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mairin66
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Ryan's River Lodge in early June and it ended up being our favorite lodging during our entire Ireland trip. The propieters, Martha and David, were so polite and helpful with any arrangements we needed help with. Our room was cozy and extremely clean, and breakfast every day was excellent. We went on a guided fishing excursion on the idealic river that runs in front of the hotel and had a great time. Next time we will stay longer!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BreFtz
Reviewed 5 July 2014

If you plan to visit the most beautiful part of western Ireland and the best Bed and Breakfast, then you must stay at Ryan's River Lodge in Cong. The proprietors (Martha, Brieej and David) were so kind and accommodating to us. The breakfast was excellent. The view from our room over looked the Cong river and the the running of the water put us to sleep at night.

Highly recommend this B & B!!!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erin D
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My son and I arrived at the location way later of Latest Hour to register. After calling the hostess, we made arrangements. Everything was ready for our arrival. In the morning a full breakfast and small chat made everything ok!!! ;-). TYVM!

Stayed: June 2014