“Really Lovely”

GreenLeadersGold level
Shannon, Ireland
“Really Lovely”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just been to a wedding in The Lodge at Ashford Castle . Everyone well looked after and food really good . and well presented .Staff very friendly and helpful. Altogether a lovely day and beautiful setting ,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank hwife087
Colin B, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at The Lodge at Ashford Castle.

By reading your review, you enjoyed the wedding as much as we loved serving it. It is a pleasure to be part of such a special celebration and our team take pride in ensuring that the day runs as smoothly as possible.

I hope that you will get the opportunity to revisit us here at The Lodge in not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Had lunch there recently ... to die for! The house is beautiful and the rooms are amazing!!! Can't wait to go back! Staff are excellent, food is excellent, setting is excellent ... what more can I say!

2 Thank divil_a_bit
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing The Lodge at Ashford Castle.

I am delighted to read that you had an excellent review of our property and that you enjoyed your lunch, the setting and our team.

I do hope that you will revisit us soon.

Maghera, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Spent our "Mini-moon" at The Lodge at Ashford Castle. Had a fantastic stay with staff being extremely accommodating. The dinner in Wilde’s restaurant was the most amazing food experience of my life, with wonderful service. We went for cocktails to Ashford Castle and got the tastiest cocktails of my life served by Fintan. Overall everyone should experience the service and food at the estate. A must do is the Lough Corrib cruise and Hawk walk. Would love everyone to experience a few days here.

1 Thank 634Louise
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at The Lodge, I was happy to read that you found your stay to be fantastic and also that you got to experience the magic of our sister property Ashford Castle, which our guests can experience whilst staying at The Lodge.

We are very proud of all our offering and suppliers on the estate including the Irish School of Falconry and also Corrib Cruises, we believe they add a dynamic that is hard to match anywhere else in Ireland.

I am delighted that you choose to spend your “mini-moon” with us here at The Lodge, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here last night and was pleasantly surprised. Dinner in Wilde restaurant was FABULOUS!! Seated at the window each course was a delight, staff lovely and service top class. Will definitely go back. Our room was beautiful, bright, big and lovely bathroom with luxurious underfloor heating. Only disadvantage was that the corridor leading to our room was dark, dingy, smelly and awful. But it was a short journey and the rest of the experience was so good that we will return. Breakfast was another culinary delight.....Our stay was not long enough to enjoy the sites around Cong so looking forward to spending longer next time.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms that are access through the corridor by the kitchen.......
1 Thank Helen7143
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that we have exceeded your expectations of The Lodge.

We do think that the location of the restaurant is second to none with full views out over Lough Corrib with the hills of Connemara in the background; our chef was delighted with your comments about the food. I have also passed on your comments to our team who were delighted to read them also.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the corridor leading to 3 rooms inside our hotel main building by the restaurant. This was the original décor of the building in 2007. We have prioritised upgrading inside the rooms since taking over the property 5 months ago, including all the mattresses, televisions and soft furnishings, you will be happy to know that we do have plans to also change the décor of this corridor in the near future.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to The Lodge in the not too distant future.

Tinley Park, Il
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I recently returned from 3 nights at The Lodge. My husband and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and I am so glad that we were able to do it at this amazing place!

When we checked into our room, we were greeted with two delicious desserts and "Happy Anniversary" written on the plate in chocolate! This was an excellent start to our stay. The staff throughout the hotel was lovely and always exceedingly helpful. Our room was a huge suite with a sitting area, large standalone tub and beautiful views of Lough Corrib. The lodge is a short walk from Ashford Castle and Cong village so there are plenty of things to do in the area. We did the Hawk Walk at the School of Falconry on Ashford Castle grounds and it was absolutely amazing.

Dinner at Wilde's restaurant on our anniversary was one of the highlights of our stay. The food was out of this world and so creatively presented that it ranks as one of my top meals ever!

I don't know when I'll be able to return to Ireland but when I do I will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EiMertens
Colin B, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Lodge at Ashford Castle on Trip Advisor, I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic anniversary stay with us.

All of us here at The Lodge enjoy celebrating in tandem with our guests, ensuring that at all times we can provide the highest level of service and I am glad to read that this message is being relayed back by our guests who have stayed with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your lakeview suite, and that you managed to explore our estate to visit, Ashford Castle, the Village of Cong and also the Irish School of Falconry on our estate.

Jonathan our Head Chef was very appreciative of your comments of dining experience and is delighted that you hold him in such high regard.

I do hope that you can make a return trip to Ireland, and return to your “home away from home” at The Lodge.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is the pefect location for a relaxing weekend away, the views and the peace and quiet is just really excellent.

The staff are the most amazing staff I've ever come across in a hotel anywhere. They are just so friendly and nothing is a problem. They really made the weekend what it was.

The rooms and the gardens are just gorgeous and so well kept.

I loved it from the minute we arrived until the minute we left.

Room Tip: Any room will be as nice as the other i'm sure!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank dolldoll200
Dear Guest,

It was with great pleasure that I read your review of The Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am delighted that you had a most enjoyable, relaxing weekend away and that we at The Lodge assisted with this.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff they really do go out of their way to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay. I have shared these kind comments with the team, who were equally delighted to hear them. We have recently commenced re-landscaping and adding some touches to our bedrooms, it is great to note that these were very well received.

I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to The Lodge in the not too distant future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just returned from a mid-week two night stay at The Lodge at Ashford Castle.
Now owned by the red carnation group which also owns the Castle. (THAT explains all the red carnations) Traveling Solo I have to say I received a great welcome and really enjoyed my stay.
The staff helped me pick, and booked me on activities located at the main castle site.
A short walk away, as the lodge is in the castle ground.
(I was even offered a lift in the hotel 4X4)
A lake cruse and Falconry were the two activities I used, I wasn't disappointed.
Food was excellent and room was luxury. I enjoy wildlife and the mature forest and river on the grounds were a treat for me. I strolled around spotting birds and watching people fly fishing.
The town of Cong is friendly and picturesque again walking through the castle grounds to the middle of town meant I never moved my car during my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Deck1021
Colin B, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Lodge at Ashford Castle on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay with us.

I am happy to hear that we were of assistance to you during your stay and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to David & Patrick from the Corrib Cruise and to Debbie from the Irish School of Falconry, each of our suppliers on the grounds of Ashford Estate are dedicated, like us and our sister property Ashford Castle, to ensure that guests have a fabulous experience from start to finish.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more explorations of the Ashford Estate as 2 days would not be enough time to cover the 360 acre estate in full.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cong
Ashford Castle
#1 of 6 in Oughterard
Westport Coast Hotel
Westport Coast Hotel
#5 of 14 in Westport

Been to The Lodge at Ashford Castle? Share your experiences!