1,026 results
All reviews ashford castle wilde's restaurant lough corrib quay bar duplex suite quay suite gas fire lake view suite courtyard room horse riding underfloor heating cong village quiet man lounge area wedding guests afternoon tea bar food
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I'm lived in NYC and I was a Mets Fan in Yankees town and moved to LA and was a Clippers fan to the Lakers but make no mistake the Lodge is not the baby brother to the Ashford Castle. The Lodge has an intimate cottage feel with a 5 star experience.
My room was so well appointed with all amenities. The bed was wonderful the linens and pillows were fresh and crisp the service and staff were Ritz like and the bar at night and the breakfast the next day was top notch. The grounds were beautiful and parking was seconds away and you could set up Castle activities and the Lodge would take you there.
My only only hitch was the pullout sofa mattresses were ouch
If it's one night no biggie but if ur there for an extended stay the pull out sofa beds are not great and the mattress pads they supply is not either

Sorry but I slept on it so I have personal experience on this one

Otherwise this place is a gem

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Donotdisturb62
Colin B, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay and were happy with your room allocation. It is wonderful hear that you experienced the high standard of service we strive to deliver on a daily basis. I am sorry to hear that the pull out sofa bed was not comfortable enough. I have taken this feedback on board and will look into improving the comfort of all our pull out Sofa beds.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We stayed at the Lodge this week while visiting Ireland and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had a two story room that was perfect. We had a nice living area downstairs and a beautiful bedroom and bathroom upstairs. All were very comfortable and modern. We really loved the breakfast that came in our room package. It was above expectations. The staff at the Lodge were so friendly and helpful and made our stay even better. If you want to see the gardens at the castle, just ask the staff at the Lodge, and they will give you a free pass. We really enjoyed walking through them. They are stunning. Also, the staff told us about the Irish Wolfhounds at the castle, and they gave us a pass to see them at an appointed time. We were able to walk inside the castle and spend some time with these amazing dogs. Also, do the short walk to Cong. It is a beautiful and quaint village well worth the 30 minute walk from the lodge. This really is a spectacular place!

Room Tip: Love the two story rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sparkynrose
Colin B, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. Many thanks for your kind words. I am delighted you had such a wonderful stay and liked the room you were appointed. It is wonderful to know that breakfast surpassed expectations and that the staff were friendly and helpful. I am glad you took the opportunity to explore the grounds and visited the Irish Wolfhounds, they really are a delight.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The Hotel was wonderful. The rooms were spacious and clean. I enjoyed having a run of the whole grounds. We spent the day doing bike riding and kayaking. Some of the group did the falconry. Everyone had a wonderful time.. most of the group had dinner at the dungeon at the main castle and were impressed by the service and the quality of food. A small group of us decided to have dinner at the Wilde. I hate to say this but dinner was a disappointment. The food was good, the plate presentation was beautiful... The main entrees that we ordered was a complete disappointment in portion. I ordered the lamb. I literally got like two one ounce medallions of lamb. I literally thought I got an appetizer. We paid over 70 euros for this meal and to get an appetizer for an entree, needless to say left me upset. I would highly recommend the hotel and it's activities. In the future, I would go to one of the other restaurants. It seems they were so worried about presentation that the meal got left out. Love Ireland! What a fun trip! I couldn't give 5 stars due to dinner. If dinner would have been better definitely a 5 star stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wes L
Colin B, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and took full advantage of the surroundings and the activities on offer. Thank you for your feedback regarding your dinner in Wilde’s and the portion size. I will be sure to discuss this with my team and improve on these standards. The menu we offer in Wilde’s is of a contemporary style and our chef’s use very specific techniques in creating each dish. The aim for our dinner service in Wilde’s, is to offer our guests a variety of smaller dishes to experience the vast range and skills that we are lucky to have within our kitchen team that provides our dishes with great flavour and taste. I am glad overall you had a lovely stay and I hope to welcome you back to the Lodge at Ashford Castle in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The entire staff was amazing. Welcoming and friendly. The food at Wild was exquisite and the craft cocktails by Johnny are a must have! Can not rave enough about our stay. Our room was spacious and comfortable with all up-to-date amenities. The grounds are impeccable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Colin B, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be amazing. It is wonderful to hear such faboulous feedback regarding the food and Johnny's Cocktails. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the rest of the team. I hope to welcome you back to the Lodge at Ashfrod Castle in the near Future.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The hotel made a great base for a four day stay. The grounds are lovely as is the castle itself and it was nice to walk the grounds. The room was great and the en suite was very nice. Underfloor heating and heated towel racks made the stay more comfortable. The included breakfast was very nice also. The included breakfast was good. The breakfast on the third morning was not very wear but after mentioning this to the staff the next day was much better. Only a small thing but when paying this much just expected a bit better. All in all not a bad stay

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Colin B, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at The lodge at Ashford Castle. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and were happy with your room allocation. I am glad that the under floor heating and heated towel rack enhanced your stay. I am sorry to hear that breakfast on the third morning was not to the same standard as previous days but I am pleased to know that your feed back was taken on board to improve service going forward.