1,017 results
All reviewsashford castlewilde's restaurantlough corribquay barduplex suitequay suitegas firelake view suitecourtyard roomhorse ridingunderfloor heatingcong villagequiet manlounge areawedding guestsafternoon teabar food
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

The Lodge is in a beautiful setting. Our experience was just wonderful. Check in easy. Our suite was spacious clean with lake view and balcony. Stunning. Food high standards as expected and staff really helpful. It's a lovely get away and time slows down. We will definitely return.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Colin B, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am thrilled you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and had a wonderful experience. I am pleased to hear that the food and service were of a high standard. I hope to welcome you back at the Lodge at Ashfrod Castle in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2017

The Lodge is situated in an amazing area. The grounds are beautiful, well cared for. The views are lovely. Guests may go to the grounds of Ashford castle and walk the trails there. Our first room was not what we expected, the carpet was filthy, the upholstery was dirty. The ceiling stained in one corner. We spoke to the staff and were transferred to another room and upgraded as well. The bed and quality of linens were good, the bathroom was good. Our room was lovely and clean. The breakfast was excellent. Hot and cold selections. The service was excellent and staff were friendly. We ate in the town of Cong most of the time as meals were quite pricey and we didn’t want a three course meal. We did enjoy the tapas in the Bistro. We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed the area of Cong and the Lodge immensely.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I am sorry to hear that the first room you were allocated was not to the standard we would expect but am pleased to hear that this was resolved in a timely and suitable manner. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and had a lovely stay overall. I hope to welcome you back to the Lodge at Ashford Castle in the near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous rooms around a central garden/courtyard. Bar food good, restaurant excellent, breakfast great. Lovely toiletries. Recommend the boat trip on the Corrib and a leisurely explore of the grounds around Ashford Castle. Ideal for a quiet getaway.

Stayed: April 2017
Colin B, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and found the food to be excellent. I hope to welcome you back to the Lodge at Ashford Castle in the near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Fabulous restaurant, roomy table with superb view. Staff and food were excellent. Very reasonably priced €32 pp.
Was there earlier in August for tapas in the bar. Again lovely but somewhat more expensive. Will definitely be back

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am delighted you had a lovely Sunday lunch with us and found the staff an food excellent. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We came for Afternoon Tea and it was a delight. I only live an hour away but my first visit to The Lodge.

The grounds of the hotel are impressive, unfortunately we came on a miserable wet day and couldn't explore them. The hotel is described as 'boutique chic' (so don't expect anything else) and we loved it.

The 'picnic afternoon tea' was first rate. I don't want to give any spoilers, but it is unlike any other afternoon tea you will find in the area and the attention to detail from the kitchen is superb. Everything served to us was excellent and presented beautifully. The staff were brilliant, and our server (Donna) had a genuine warmth throughout the afternoon.

We will be making this a regular stop when we have guests from now on. Cong is a great little village and should be a stop on anyones tour of the area.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Colin B, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review you recent experience at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am sorry you did not get the opportunity to explore the grounds due to the bad weather. I hope you will have the chance to see all the estate has to offer on your next visit. I am delighted you enjoyed the Afternoon Tea and you found Donna to be friendly. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the rest of the team.