1,016 results
All reviewsashford castlewilde's restaurantlough corribquay barduplex suitequay suitegas firelake view suitecourtyard roomhorse ridingunderfloor heatingcong villagequiet manlounge areawedding guestsafternoon teabar food
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed at The Lodge at Ashford Castle in May this year. This place is absolutely amazing and a very lovely treat!

This was our third visit and it never fails to impress! The rooms are lovely - ours was a courtyard room and just perfect. The room was spacious and a real retreat.

We have eaten in the bar and the food is lovely plus the staff are friendly and welcoming.

We’ve eaten in Wilde’s twice and it is the most amazing experience and I look forward to another visit!! The food & Service is a treat! The food is prepared and served with real attention to detail. I have to say the wild sorrel sorbet was amazing! We sat in the restaurant with visiting Americans who were in awe of each course!

Breakfast, of which I am never a fan, was so enjoyable and the ham amazing!

The Lodge is in a perfect location and also perfect if you don’t want the full pomp of Ashford Castle - much more relaxed. Lots of lovely walks around the estate and into Cong.

We will certainly be returning!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephchallis66
Colin B, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am pleased to hear you have stayed with us on a few occasions and must thank you for your repeat custom. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room and dining experiences. It is always lovely to know that the service was to the standard we expect to deliver here at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I hope to welcome you back to the Lodge at Ashford Castle in the near future.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

The morning we flew from Edinburgh over to Ireland's Shannon Airport we discovered that the worst hurricane since 1961 was planned to hit Ireland's west coast. What timing we have! Being from California and ignorant of any extreme rainy weather we really didn't know what to expect.

We were supposed to hike the Cliffs of Moher the day the hurricane peaked and stay the night in the coastal town of Doolin. But because we were concerned about driving around in such conditions, I immediately emailed The Lodge at Ashford before we caught our flight out of Edinburgh (couldn't call because did not have it international roaming - WiFi only) to see if they had availability to have us a day sooner than expected. I immediately heard back from Rebecca informing us that they could accommodate us. What a relief!

So we stopped by the Cliffs to at least see them but then drove north to The Lodge which would be our safe haven for the next 2.5 days. It was already very dark by the time we drove to the Lodge and it was a bit hard to find but we did it!

From the minute we checked in we were treated with such hospitality and kindness. The following day when the hurricane passed through, the power was lost at certain points, but the hotel's generator kept us cozy and connected with fast WiFi. The storm didn't hit too hard at this location but we were thankful for the wonderful food and accommodations the Lodge provided without having to venture too far out. The Quay Bar was excellent with their small plates and drinks. The breakfast buffet was also amazing.

The following day we ventured over to Ashford Castle which is stunning. Residents of the Lodge don't have all-access and can't get inside the Castle without dinner reservations. But you can still walk around the grounds which is about a quarter of a mile from the Lodge. We did the Hawk Walk during the day which was so much fun! Definitely a highlight of our entire trip.

We did get to go inside the main Castle since we had dinner reservations at the Dungeon which was also excellent. We had an after dinner drink in the nearby bar and sat in front of the fireplace - perfection!

As beautiful and plush as Ashford Castle was I was happy with our stay at The Lodge. It seemed much more intimate and not as stuffy. All personal preference! But i'm thankful for the wonderful experience and excellent value The Lodge provided us.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am delighted to hear we could accommodate your earlier arrival and that you received a prompt response. I am thrilled to hear that you were treated well and received a warm welcome. I am glad you enjoyed the food on offer in the Quay bar and our breakfast buffet. I am also pleased to hear that you experienced the Hawk walk, it really is an experience to remember. Many thanks for your kind words and recommendations. I hope to welcome you back to the lodge at Ashford Caste in the near future.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Beautifully situated on the lake shore with great views. Wonderful cooked breakfast included - I had the omelette and an Apricot and Honey smoothie. Each lodge has a number of rooms.
Had dinner in the bar - type of Irish Tapas selection! Was very good and filling. Dessert disappointing Sundae had 3 small scoops of ice cream but no fruit, cream or nuts which I had previous night in Athlone.
Finally trying to find where to go for reception to check in in the dark was difficult- signage non existent.
Lovely hotel

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Colin B, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, especially the breakfast and the Tapas selection. Many thanks for your feedback regarding signage for reception, I will certainly look at improving this. I hope to welcome you back to the Lodge at Ashford Castle in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Nice place, very quiet and relaxing, it was nice to be able to walk around the grounds of the castle. Cong is such a quaint village, the Hungry Monk is great for lunch. The hotel food was fabulous. We had dinner there and it was absolutely delicious, full of tiny surprise dishes along the way.

Stayed: November 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay and found the food to be fabulous. I hope to welcome you back to the Lodge at Ashford Castle in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

every thing is very well done staff are good plus the boat trip is a must and a nice walk around the grounds to the only thing is that there could be better road markings to tell you where to park thats the only thing thats wrong

Room Tip: all the rooms are the same but try to get one at the front
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding markings for finding the hotel, I will be sure to look into improving on this.