Villa Pio Bed & Breakfast and Luxury Apartment
Ranked #8 of 13 Cong B&B and Inns
Madrid
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was our last stop in our trip through Ireland and we couldn't have found better. This is a lovely house kept by a wonderful couple who made us feel like home but in a much more beautiful landscape! The room we got was so big and there was even a TV, which is not that usual. Spotless clean with really comfortable beds. Breakfast is also great (my partner had a full Irish which smelled really really well and I had delicious fruit, yoghourt and toasts). We only were sorry for not being able to stay longer here as we had a really nice chat with the owners before going to sleep... Also don't miss the garden! So many beautiful flowers surround you everywhere.
If you're looking for a place nice and cozy do not hesitate!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lilzahira

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed at this guesthouse for one night whilst waiting for our furniture to arrive at our new house. We were made very welcome and the room was lovely. The breakfast was superb and would recommend this guesthouse without hesitation.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
londonderry northern ireland
Reviewed 9 October 2013

this was one amazing place to stay the food was great the rooms perfect and the hospitality second to none. ann the owner was a beautiful lady and could not do enough for us. we were only 2 miles from everything that we wanted to see and all was so handy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chrisk42
Bristol
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I was made to feel so welcome at this establishment! The proprietress Ann could not have done any more to make me feel at home and, as a solo traveller, this is very important to me. The villa itself is very attractive with lovely decor and an extremely cosy lounge where guests are encouraged to make themselves comfortable. I sat in there for a large part of the evening and Ann's husband put his head around the door to say "hello" which I thought was very nice. I asked Ann if I could borrow a corkscrew as I had bought some wine and she insisted on giving me a crystal wineglass to drink it from! My room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean and I had a great night's sleep. Breakfast was probably the best one I had in the week that I spent in Ireland - perfectly cooked and piping hot! I cannot recommend it highly enough - fantastic value for money too!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Noreenfogarty
Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the villa pio at short notice which was the nearest available b&b to Ballinrobe where my two friends were staying.Arrived Sunday evening and Marty the host gave me some tea and biscuits before leaving to run his on site taxi service of which I used for two evenings to Ballinrobe and return so I could sample a guiness or three.I was asked what time I would liked breakfast where I met the warm and friendly hostess Ann.The single bed was very comfortable and the shared bathroom was next door,this b&b has only 4 rooms.It,s in a very quiet location down a narrow lane off the main road to Cong which is about a mile and a half away. If you walk down the lane from villa pio for 15 minutes,it will bring you to Lough Corrib which is very peaceful and idyillic. Between the b&b and Cong there is the entrance to Ashford castle and grounds which is a must to have a wander around. Also the daily Loch Corrib cruise starts from here at 11am and 3pm which blew away a muzzy head from the night before. Ballinrobe racecourse is several miles away which was my main reason for visiting Ireland,it was on for two consecutive evenings,the pipe opener for the galway festival. The atlantic beaches west of Louisburgh is a good one hour drive away. I recommend you stay at the villa pio b&b if visiting this part of west Ireland

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank yozzerhughes1982
Budapest
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We just found this BB on the way, and was very satisfied with the experience. The host was really helpful, even managed to make some quick dinner for us, and we felt really welcomed there. I would recommend this place to stay really much. The area is really nice, the beds are comfortable, and the decoration is really beautiful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Ellijay, Georgia
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We came to stay for a night, and ended up staying over another night. Our hostess, Anne, was gracious and caring, a fabulous baker, and genuinely attentive to our needs. The accommodations were five star, the food incredible, and the location ideal. We met freinds, and visited the nearby Lough Corrib, and Ashford Castle.
The brown bread (for which my wife gently cajoled the recipe) was delicious. We hope to be able to return to this warm atmosphere again and again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple