“A warm welcome & a comfortable stay”

Villa Pio Bed & Breakfast and Luxury Apartment
Ranked #6 of 13 Cong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at Villa Pio for one night over the August bank holiday weekend to attend a family event in the area. The B&B is well sign-posted, which is not always the case, and was easy to find despite the fact that it is off the main road. Ann was waiting to meet us when we arrived in the afternoon and she gave us a warm welcome. Our room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable and we enjoyed every bit of our cooked breakfast the following morning. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eaka2007

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Even though l was born in this lovely land it always amazes me when l walk into a Bed & Breakfast in the middle of nowhere and its better than the last one l walked into. This without doubt was another gem on this beautiful Island as my old gran used to say to me.

We were very late to search for a B&B the night we found Villa Pio and with the help of the TRIPADVISOR APP on the iPhone we managed to see some great reviews and the Map feature allowed us to see that it was fairly close. Luckily Villa Pio is well sign posted unlike a lot of other destinations in Ireland and we were soon been very warmly greeted by Ann who showed us our rooms and made sure we were comfortable.

The rooms of which she has 4 to offer are comfortable, everything you need for a good nights sleep which we all had, one thing about the room that stands out for me was waking up and looking out at lovely stoned walls and green fields on the farm across the road. After a lovely shower we all went for breakfast at 9.30 and it was very good, that woman makes a great cup of tea and she was always checking to make sure we had plenty to fill us. After breakfast, Ann was very helpful in telling us the local attractions and some history about the John Wayne film "The Quiet Man" which was filmed in the local village, Cong!

I loved our stay here and will definitely return to stay at this lovely little place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank BillyDixon
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a wonderful visit at Villa Pio in Cong. Ann is a wonderful host. The B&B is in a quiet, serene area but close to the lake and village center. Room was very comfortable and breakfast was great. We wish we could have stayed longer and would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Villa Pio was the first B&B I’ve ever stayed in, and Ann and Marty made it a truly wonderful experience. From picking me up in town when I arrived to shuttling me back and forth since I didn’t have a car, they couldn’t have been more accommodating. Their home was beautiful and cozy, and my room was very comfortable. Everything was immaculate and nicely decorated.

Breakfast was delicious; Ann also made me a great tea tray when I arrived. Both Ann and Marty were friendly and easy to talk to, and they had plenty of pointers about what I could do during my time in Cong and the surrounding area.

Next time I visit, I know I’ll be going to Villa Pio again. Staying with Ann and Marty was a welcome reprieve from my hostel stays, and I would recommend their home to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was our last stop in our trip through Ireland and we couldn't have found better. This is a lovely house kept by a wonderful couple who made us feel like home but in a much more beautiful landscape! The room we got was so big and there was even a TV, which is not that usual. Spotless clean with really comfortable beds. Breakfast is also great (my partner had a full Irish which smelled really really well and I had delicious fruit, yoghourt and toasts). We only were sorry for not being able to stay longer here as we had a really nice chat with the owners before going to sleep... Also don't miss the garden! So many beautiful flowers surround you everywhere.
If you're looking for a place nice and cozy do not hesitate!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lilzahira
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed at this guesthouse for one night whilst waiting for our furniture to arrive at our new house. We were made very welcome and the room was lovely. The breakfast was superb and would recommend this guesthouse without hesitation.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

this was one amazing place to stay the food was great the rooms perfect and the hospitality second to none. ann the owner was a beautiful lady and could not do enough for us. we were only 2 miles from everything that we wanted to see and all was so handy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple