2,075 results
All reviewsgeorge vafternoon teahorseback ridingonce in a lifetimeirish wolfhoundslike royaltyfalconry schoolboat tourhawk walkbucket listquiet mandrawing roomlough corribprince of walesthe main dining roomfalconry experienceirish wolf hounds
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

One of the best 5* Hotels I stayed in. Went for a romantic break with my Fiancée. The food and service was exceptional. We took the ferry around the islands and it was a really enjoyable afternoon. The Hotel is only after getting a new refit with the addition of a swimming pool which really adds to the experience, looking forward to our next visit already.

Stayed: October 2017
Niall_Rochford, General Manager at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear Gertheman1

I would like to personally thank you ever so much for all of your very kind and lovely words about Ashford Castle. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Castle in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night last week and were blown away by both the place and the service - everything was absolutely wonderful. We ate at the George V restaurant (there was a choice of 3 restaurants!) and had a great meal, and a wonderful cooked breakfast in the morning.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Eugene W

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

was really looking forward to an overnight and dinner ar ashford castle for a family birthday. it is a beautiful place but a dissapointing experience. we were given the wrong room. they had our name wrong. we had to wait 40 minutes to check in, and others who arrived after were seen first. our luggage took ages to arrive, we eventually went and found it oyrselves so we could change. we couldnt get into activites that were for my sons birthday. every activity was an extra cost and there were service charges for everything. at $900 per night definately not worth it and not up to standard. feel very cheated. our only bad experience in lovely ireland

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank michiemacq
Niall_Rochford, General Manager at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear michiemacq

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies to the events leading to your disappointment. Should you wish to discuss your stay in more detail, please contact me at niallrochford@ashfordcastle.com

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Ashford Castle is a top notch destination in western Ireland. We were treated like royalty throughout our stay and the facilities are great. They could advertise that it’s used as a backdrop in the show Reign but I noticed it in the show and thought wow that’s awesome.
Great job

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AzTravel3
Niall_Rochford, General Manager at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear AzTravel3

Reviewed 19 October 2017

The place is magical, the staff are superior to any I have ever experienced in all my travels and the accommodations are first class. The amenities are also fantastic. a great place to take children. The gardens are unbelievable and I recommend the falconry and afternoon tea! Plus make sure you meet the Irish Wolfhounds that visit the castle each morning to get your picture taken with them.

We will definitely go back! No place on earth like Ashford castle. Everyone should experience this place. Well worth the money!

Room Tip: Every room in this castle is amazing.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear jciarlante

I would like to personally thank you ever so much for all of your very kind and lovely words about Ashford Castle. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. It gives a real sense of motivation to our team to read such positive feedback, so thank your for sharing your experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Castle in the future.