“So Cool” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ireland's School of Falconry

Ireland's School of Falconry
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A chance for you to fly a hawk around the spectacular grounds of Ashford Castle in a private one hour Hawk Walk. No-one ever forgets the moment when their hawk first swoops down from a tree to land on their gloved fist - Flying a hawk is an experience of a lifetime!
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“So Cool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Never have I ever done anything like this before. I was very nervous at first, but it was really fun! Also, very informational. Worth doing.

Visited June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bellingham, Washington
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“The experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

My son and his girlfriend surprised me with the gift of a falconry lesson for my birthday. I was utterly transported. Our guide, Laura, was perfect. We learned a lot not only about handling the birds, but about their overall nature. Our groups included my 5-year-old granddaughter, with whom Laura could not have been a better teacher. We all learned to call the birds in, let them eat from our gloved hand, and launch them off again. It was an experience I will treasure for the rest of my life.

Visited July 2013
Livermore, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

What a wonderful experience,our "falconer" was amazing and extremely knowledgable.she taught us much about the birds and the ancient art of falconry.the birds are anazingly smart We walked our birds in the forest, and our guide helped us obtain some beautiful photographs of our birds in flight and action.truly a wonderful experience and one of the highlights of our trip to Ireland. Thankyou so much this very educational and fun experience

Visited October 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best part of trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We were in Ireland for 7 days and this was the highlight of my husband's and kids' vacation (mine was listening a man singing in a Galway pub) and months later they are still talking about it. Seriously, we were there in June and it is almost November and they are still talking about it. The birds are amazing, and we learned a lot about their behavior.

I highly recommend Ireland's School of Falconry!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank mamajoejoe
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

My new best friend was named Stoker, and my daughter handled Joyce, both beautiful Harris Hawks. Our hawk manager was a most knowledgeable and helpful young man who explained the hawking in detail. We walked through open areas and into the woods while the hawks flew freely. When we gave the proper sign, they would swoop from some distance onto the heavy gloves we wore and get their bit of meat. They rested calmly on our arms until we gave the signal for them to fly off once again. It was such a unique experience. It is a moderately expensive hour or so, but you must do it while at Ashford Castle.

Visited August 2013