Stayed for 4 nights cycling,lovely views from room ,but no tea/coffee making facilities,no gym or swimming pool.shower curtain came off rail every time you used it,but plenty of towels,no fridge.The breakfast was very good ,we ate in the restaurant which was good but the service slow.waited four days to get light fixed in room.The bus stop was about 5 min walk ,regular bus service to Amsterdam.I think if small fridge and tea/coffee making facilities were added to the rooms it would make a big difference,staff very polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are very proud being able to call ourselves winners of the ‘World Golf Award.’ This prize is best to be compared with what the ‘Oscar’ means to the film industry. Visitors, business people, members, green fee players ….. locally, nationally and internationally ….. from all over the world one have voted us to be The Netherlands’ Best Golf Hotel. The, for Holland, unique combination of golf, hotel, food & beverage, sport, congresses and parties is what differentiates us. We offer all that under one roof! Our beautiful Resort is hard to summarize in a magazine. Therefore, please come and visit us and experience what we have to offer. The 36 championship holes of BurgGolf Purmerend are divided into four loops of 9 holes. This makes it possible to have sixteen different 18-holes combinations which is unique in The Netherlands. Besides these 36 holes we also offer another 9 holes par-3 golf course. These are ideal for practicing your short game and are also frequently used by beginners. The four PGA professionals offer you plenty of lessons to perfect all parts of the game of golf. They not only use the aforementioned 45 holes but also the large and partially covered driving range as well as all other practice facilities. Moreover, they are very happy to assist you in our well-equipped golf shop. The sales team is keen to inform you about our golf membership possibilities. It was Johan Edfors who, after 4 days of competing, held the European Challenge Tour Trophy up high. And that meant the kick-start of his golfing career. Because in the years after he went on to win many more tournaments on the highest level. Besides Johan Edfors, we also keep great memories of the second largest golf tournament of The Netherlands. It ensured that we are a European Challenge Tour Venue. For the golf lover there is nothing more convenient than to step on to the golf course straight from your hotel room. The four star Hampshire Golf Hotel Waterland features 100 bedrooms, divided into doubles and twins and are equipped with all what one might expect from a four star hotel. Purmerend is centrally located in this part of The Netherlands and therefore our Resort is the ideal basis for your day trips. Don’t just visit Amsterdam but also explore villages along the IJsselmeer coast like Volendam, Edam, Monnickendam, as well as the ‘Zaanse Schans’. All this within a radius of twenty kilometers. The Resort has several restaurants and bars. ‘Downstairs’ is ideal for celebrating parties, Magnolia’s is popular for lunch and dinner whereas ‘King Fisher’ is great to start your day with a full breakfast and seats groups over 100 guests. The terraces offer wonderful views as well as peace and tranquility. The kitchen brigade knows its trade which was also recognized by Michelin in 2010. A notification in their restaurant guide has been a fact ever since. Understandably that makes us very proud! The serving staff members will assist you with whatever you need. From the more simple dish to haute cuisine, their service and advise is always much appreciated. The Hotel-Resort also offers besides golf, bed rooms and food & beverage, six beautifully decorated and wonderfully equipped meeting rooms. Without any effort these rooms can be turned into a party venue or banquet room. Whether you have something to celebrate, either for business or pleasure, we will be glad to host your event. And even here, one always overlooks the golf courses. BurgGolf Purmerend and the associated hotel are ideally located for fun day trips. Cycling in Amsterdam, having your photo taken wearing traditional costumes in Volendam, eating smoked eal in Monnickendam or visiting the cheese market in Alkmaar. This is all feasible within a radius of 20 kilometers. The reception team is keen to assist you in regards to any further information you might need. We hope to be able to welcome you soon! On behalf of the entire team, very best regards, Mike Anthony Bosman (General Manager) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Prestigia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampshire Golfhotel - Waterland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Golfhotel - Waterland Hotel Purmerend
- Hampshire Golfhotel - Waterland Purmerend, North Holland