The deal was £59 for two nights B&B with a meal on night one.
For what we (five couples) received for our money we have absolutely no complaints.
We are seasoned "two day break" finders and this was a bargain.
On the second day, the afternoon of Wales v Scotland we decided to have lunch, watch the match there and have dinner that evening - mainly because you need transport to go anywhere else.
The locals were incredibly friendly throughout our stay considering we were attired in red Wales rugby shirts. We even had a pool competition and singing and a little dancing with the resident Scotsman.
We were a party of 10 and were told that every room had a "jacuzzi" which I didn't believe.
Well, each of our rooms had a very modern whirlpool bath and ours was big enough for two!
There is no doubting that the rooms are "quaint" but each of our ladies loved them.
Before our second night dinner our party wanted pre-dinner drinks in our room and the staff kindly brought up a tray of wine glasses. Last year I stayed in a hotel that demanded £20 for consumption of your own wine and then robbed us in the bar.
Apart from the bar and restaurant staff there was Danielle who appeared to be in charge.
She was charming, helpful and very accommodating.
We had one issue over one of the meals but that was deducted by Danielle without argument.
The only "downside" of the Inn is that you need your car if you venture out - it's a little remote.
Also, those of our party on the first floor said they could hear us on the floor above especially if the jacuzzi was switched on..
We were in rooms 8 and 9 and had no issue.
On the other hand it's superbly placed for Ludlow and Leominster.
Overall great value at the price offered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mortimers Cross is now under new ownership since April 2014; we are a family-run free house and welcome all into our home. We have renovated the property making a large public games bar, a soft quiet lounge bar with large open fire, a large restaurant, meeting/function room and a large landscaped beer garden with a play area. We have 6 guest rooms - 3 king size or twin beds and Jacuzzi baths plus showers, 2 standard double beds and Jacuzzi baths plus showers and 1 double bed and en suite shower. Our inn is located on the crossing of the A4110 and B4362 making it easy access to many tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mortimers Cross Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mortimers Cross Hotel Mortimers Cross
- Mortimers Cross Inn Herefordshire