“fantastic little gem!”

Mortimers Cross Inn
Reviewed 25 September 2009

the rooms here are amazing, two out of the three rooms had spa baths, and the rooms are huge with everything that you could need. The whole place is well kept and clean.

We made a few requests like packed breakfast and overnight storage for all our bikes, and we were well looked after.

my only critisism.....where is the front door? we all wandered around the place (the wrong way )trying to find it!

would recommend this as a great place to stay....also for you guys out there...a romantic place to take your dearly beloved.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank hampshireblues

Reviewed 24 December 2008

I was recommended to try the New Inn Restaurant at Mortimers Cross for a meal.
I took my wife daughter and friends for lunch.
The staff were most helpful and the food was terrific. Great selection at very reasonable price.
The Inn has won several awards for real ale and I can understand why, superb!
Throughly recommend the New Inn to everyone and whilst there I saw the 2 charming charachter Bedrooms
Great Pub Great landlord and team

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank peterHerefordUK
Reviewed 19 October 2007

We paid £160.00 in May 2007 for a 2 night DB&B break, advertised through Ebay by Martin and Emma Hathaway. It was agreed that we would
not be taking it until October/November but we would ring as soon as we had some dates.

To my horror, I found out that not only was the phone cut off, but the Inn was closed for refurbishment AND this couple were no longer licencees.

They were well aware that they had taken my money and made no attempt
to contact or reimburse me. I have contacted "greenhey" whose review I found on here.

I also telephoned Punch Taverns Plc who own the Inn...but to no avail.

Apparently it will reopen on 1st Nov 2007 with new people.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Scouse69
Mortimerscross, Owner at Mortimers Cross Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2009

Dear Scouse69

I have just taken over The Mortimers Cross Inn and and am very sorry to hear what happened. I can honestly say that under no circumstance would we ever run off with someones money and it would be good to see you here at The Mortimers cross as we are trying to make it back into a traditional village inn

Chris Cox

Reviewed 20 September 2007

We booked and paid for a weekend break advertised by the couple in charge on EBay in May. It was agreed we would fix the dates later, which we did in July .
We were due to be there 21/22 sept, and a week before tried contacting to confirm details. We could get no reply , via email or phone .
After a few days we learned the couple, MARTIN and EMMA HATHAWAY had left the pub and it was closed for work before takeover by someone else.
They had taken our money ( and, we understand, others' money) , kept it, and didnt even have the courtesy to contact us to save us wasting our journey.
I have spent days trying to find them and establish whether they are bankrupt ( tho the Insolvency Service do not have anything filed under their names or that of the pub).
They ran the pub as lessees of Punch Taverns, who do not want to be involved in the case .

Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank greenhey

Dear Greenhey

I am sorry to hear what happened with previous owners of the Mortimers Cross. I have just taken over the Inn and I am mortified to read what the last people have done, I cna honestly say that under no circumstance would I run off with someones money and it would be great to see you at the Mortimers Cross as I believe it is a wonderful pub to stay at (but I am biased)

Chris Cox

Reviewed 30 July 2007

cant say about the hotel, but went for sunday carvery, waitresses very good, food well presented, but whole experience spoiled by who we assume were the two (male and female) owners or maybe managers who because they seemed busy and under pressure were rude and arrogent .

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank welshgold

Been to Mortimers Cross Inn? Share your experiences!