“ZOO TIME”

Zoo de la Palmyre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 9 April 2014

A perfect way to spend a day out. Just about the best zoo we have seen. Large variety of animals
and situated in an area excellent for taking a holiday.

1  Thank glasney

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Brilliant, place for our 18 month old daughter. Very clean, staff were very friendly and if you follow the reccommended path you will see the whole zoo very easily. It was not very crowded when we were there so we got to enjoy the trip

1  Thank Tina L
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My family have always been a great lover of La Palmyre and up until recently, spent a week there, annually.
We religiously saved sunny days to visit the zoo.
I have visited this zoo between the ages of 7-15 and loved it every single time.

I understand people worrying about popcorn but you honestly cannot think that the zoo would authorise this if it was bad for the animals? Wouldn't there be widespread news coverage if an animal was found to be ill or dead because of the zoos negligence? Come on now...
I am the most serious for animal concern and I do agree with the amount of people throwing in other foods (which the giraffes actually smelt and ignored) is very bad. But the popcorn situation just needs a bit of common sense used really.

I must agree for the amount of money the zoo must be raking in, they really need to upgrade the toilet facilities. I remember being a young child, thoroughly puzzled about what I was supposed to do, haha!
Over the years I have became accustomed to these toilets but can understand what a shock it must be for new customers to find in an otherwise modern zoo.

Anyway, the animals are an absolute delight to see.
I have been to many zoo's in my lifetime and this one is especially the cleanest, and the animals seem to be the happiest. It is very distressing seeing an animal facing a corner, but here they come out to see you and interact with you!
The Polar Bear has been nicknamed in my family as 'the happy polar bear' (says it all really).
He was playing with his toys and swimming up to the glass to observe young children (to their delight).

I also cannot believe that people are moaning that it was busy, if you go on a French holiday, it's going to be busy - no matter where you go. That's like being surprised that shopping centres are busy in the Christmas period. This is not the zoos fault - they are not going to turn away custom, just go on a normal weekday.

Overall, go. It will make you see zoos in a different light.

1  Thank LauraMJJ88
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is a delightful zoo the enclosures are nice and large for the animals..beuatiful water area for the polar bears...chimpanzees and gorillas are in lovely areas.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We have visited many zoos but this one was by far the best. The animals were well looked after and some were quite friendly,, our 8 year old loved it.
Unfortunately we could not stay too long as we needed to find a toilet, I couldn't believe that we were expected to hover over what looked like a shower tray, our 8 year old was understandably distressed when she wet over her feet , goodness knows how an elderly person was expected to use the facility. There was nowhere to put any belongings it had to be the worst experience I have ever encountered.

1  Thank Carol D