After the Volcanic ash forced us to cancel our vacation plans, we booked a last minute trip (at a great price) for the Club Med La Palmyre. We have stayed at other Club Meds so knew not to expect a lot of luxury (that's not why you go to a Club Med).. Even though it was April and only in the low 60s during the day, the large pool was heated and enjoyable. The whole place was amazingly clean and even though it was also the time of the French school vacation (the placed was fully booked), we were always able to find space by the pool and in the restaurant, although that was little more challenging. Getting to do all of the activities we wanted was tougher and many things seemed to be full all the time. Our biggest problem was that only a handful of the GOs spoke any English and this limits a lot of the benefits of a Club Med (free tennis instruction for example). Our 3 children (9, 12 and 13) all tried the Kid's Club out and lasted a few hours before begging us to let them hang out with us instead. Our oldest two were actually told - in broken English - to leave and come back the next day because they were "full" - out of the large group of kids there, ours were the only ones who did not speak French and the only ones asked to leave. This may have been just a break down in communication but it was enough to have our daughters leave and not want to go back. We do speak enough Dutch and Spanish to get by in NL and Spain so if the GOs spoke these (and not only French) we would have had a better time but overall, we have no complaints and would recommend this trip to others - especially if you can understand/speak French.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a unique 26 hectare site in Charente-Maritime, a paradise for nature and water sports enthusiasts. This Club Med Village of bungalows was inspired by oystermens' cabins with decor selected to blend seamlessly with its natural setting, achieved with an interplay of lively colours and natural materials. Located in a revitalizing conservation environment featuring 30 km of beaches, 65 km of cycle tracks and 8000 hectares of forest, this is the ideal place to come. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Palmyre Atlantique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Palmyre Atlantique Hotel La Palmyre-Les Mathes
- Club Med La Palmyre-Les Mathes
- La Palmyre-Les Mathes Club Med
- La Palmyre Atlantique Club Med