“Definitely a very good choice!”

Hotel Verde Montana Wellness & Spa
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Kudowa-Zdroj
Tempe
“Definitely a very good choice!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I'm surprised at some of the comments relative to this hotel. Our experience was very good. Rooms are very clean, staff is extremely helpful, breakfast is excellent (btw very good crepes!)
Swimming pool was very nice and so was the sauna. I'm not sure what this complaining is all about. Do these reviewers realize that after all this hotel is in a small town in a secluded corner of Poland? Our entire group was there for two nights and we all loved it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank js2952

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We did a stop over here on our way to Prague. We did not have time to look around and relied on the four stars. This hotel should, however, rather be a two star. We travelled as a couple with two small children. The one is still in a cot and the other is four years old. We were given a twin room. We brought our own cot and asked for extra pillows and blankets. This was refused as we were told the hotel was full and they cannot provide the same. The decorations in the room were aged and worn. The towels were similar to the ones I use for my dogs. The swim towels used to be blue but is now something between yellow, white and grey. Worn very thin. The walls in the room were cracked. Everything smelled of cigarette smoke. The towels, the bedding and the carpets. Our little one coughed for three days after the stay at this hotel. The restaurant staff are friendly and the hotel does have a nice indoor pool. The views from the rooms are, however, of a communist built horrible flat building next door. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone except a person with heavy smoking habits.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Oliviersfour

Travellers are raving about these Kudowa-Zdroj hotels

atlanta
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel for three nights in connection with a conference. While not comparable to a 4 star international hotel, it is quite nice for a small spa town like Kudowa-Zdroj. The best rooms are 220, 320 and 420, which are two-room suites with large balconies. As these are directly over the hotel entrance, the best room is 420. The furniture in my room was relatively new and typically East European. The rooms are very clean and the housekeeping is prompt and excellent. One minor negative - there are no facial tissues in the room, so bring your own. There are two very nice indoor swimming pools and two excellent saunas. The food is good, typical Polish dishes. The center of Kudowa-Zdrog is a ten minute walk away. The reception staff speak fluent English and are professional. Although previous reviewers complained about noise, my room was quiet, and I heard the same from my friends who stayed here at the same time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank RFSAtlanta
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We have spent 2 nights in this hotel and it wasn't bad, but for sure this is not a 4 star hotel.
The room facilities were quite poor, and the room decoration was quite old. For sure we can;t compare it with a 4 star hotel in any place in the Europe.
The only thing we really liked was a SPA with big swimming pool and water zone area.
We made some beauty treatments as well and they were quite good.

So if you don't mind the old room facilities but you are looking for a good, full equipped good SPA go ahead and try it!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you don;t have to share the balcony with the room next to your one
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here for three weeks and was very impressed with the helpfulness of all the staff. The food was excellent, in fact I would rate it 5 star but the rooms 3 star. The rooms were functional. clean and adequate. Most of the staff spoke some English and Reception and Restaurant/Bar spoke very good English. The spa and cosmetics treatments were very good and good value for money. There is a fabulous pool complex and very good saunas. It is very child friendly. The area is stunning and there is a fantastic Jurassic Park that will blow your mind. We were made very welcome and would return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank renamush
Nachod, Czech Republic
Reviewed 29 November 2011

You can hear normal talking from next-door rooms and all noises from corridor. Restaurant staff speak only Polish. Restaurant is very tasteless decorated and some meals were curious mixture of food.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Mike914_11
new york city
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I stayed for 4 nights due to a conference held there. I am so happy that the organizers chose this hotel. Lovely room. Quiet. Very nice staff. I was given a room on the top floor first. The person at the desk asked I look at it to be sure I liked it. It was loft-like and so the slanting roof makes half the room unusable. Well, I decided it was OK, took it, then decided after an hour it wasn't OK and asked to be moved to a more conventional room. The person at the desk could not have been nicer and moved me. (I am sure hotel staff hate people like me but at least this person didn't show it - just took it in stride). Nice breakfast and dinner. No complaints at all so I can recommend it to you. I didn't take advantage of the spa but people who did enjoyed it. I prefered to spend my free time walking outdoors - there is a beautiful park nearby that is great for a long walk listening to your iPod.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business