From phoning the hotel to arrange our reservation, to arriving on our first day, to departing at the end of our 1-week holiday, Mercedes (the owner manager) with her husband and team, just ‘couldn't do enough’ to make our stay a happy and memorable one.
· 7 nights for the price of 6 (seasonal offer).
·Free use of their computer to keep up-to-date on my e-mails etc.
·Complimentary Mojitos on the afternoon we stayed around the hotel gardens.
·Towel robes provided (because we didn't pack our own beach towels) for the duration of our stay, for the modest price of €3 each (for laundry charges).
·Security box at Reception for free.
·Umbrellas provided (when the weather turned unseasonably wet).
·Free car parking (only 10 slots though, so be early)
Breakfast Buffet table was groaning with a vast selection of Breads (11 types), Pastries/Cakes (4 types), Fresh Fruits (10 types), Hams & Cheeses (8 types), Preserves (7 types), Infusions (Teas etc - 12 types), and a hot option of Eggs, Bacon, sausage. plus the usual cereals, coffees cold drinks etc. The fact that this little lot was on offer until midday, underscored Mercedes' customer focus for even the latest of risers.
Snacks & Sandwiches were there within a few minutes of asking. The same story for drinks service. Their bar prices were most reasonable.
Our room (106) was lovely. Just big enough, but perfectly formed (and decorated). Including T.V., a.c., Lotions & Potions in the bathroom, and good quality towels. We had this delightful Juliet balcony (parting was such sweet sorrow).
I’ve never met a lady (in Mercedes), so committed to making sure that all of her guests are treated almost like family. It’s little wonder that so many other review contributors (everywhere) rate this hotel so highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Sant Joan is the ideal place for those who are looking for a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere with a personal touch. It is a family run hotel situated in the heart of the Costa Brava, 40km from Girona airport and 100 km from the French border.The Hotel is a XVIII century restored masía (Catalan Cottage), located in the old quarter of Sant Joan de Palamós (900mts from the beach), with a large garden (550m2) with an outdoor swimming pool (heated from June to October) and a hot water Jacuzzi that, due to its singular location, offers the guests quietness and privacy. The 20 non-smoking rooms are unique and personalised to enjoy a good rest with attention to detail to ensure your comfort. Most of them overlook the garden and all have bathroom with tub or shower, hairdryer, TV, safe, air conditioning (heat/cold) and free Wi-Fi. The junior suite and Superior rooms have mini bar. In order to have a good rest and to get up in no rush, our buffet breakfast is served from 8.30 to 12.00 and from 9.00 to 12.00 during the low season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Sant Joan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Sant Joan Palamos, Spain - Costa Brava