“repeat anytime”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had the fish, some rocky rocacabra, and it was just delicious, the service was wonderful with a lot of attention, it was Monday and there were not may tables. The food was outstanding, preparing both the gambas and the fish from Palamos in a very delicate manner. And the winelist is also respectable. So are the prices, but if you are on a vacation in this area and are not in for a microwave cooked paella or burger this is the place which will let you walk the small center of Palamos with a decent feeling.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Excellent restaurant with fantastic food. We have visited it during our prolonged weekend based on positive reviews and we were not disappointed at all. To be honest this was one of the best food I have ever eaten and if I would ever happen to be in Spain I will try to come again.
Remember to make reservation upfront otherwise you might wait a long time to get free seat.

3  Thank Peter U
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Recommended to go here by head water holidays ...We were not disappointed,the food was exceptional and the staff lovely..
Fresh anchovies to start,dressed in what looked like jewels,What a work of art on a plate and tasted amazing.
I had fresh tuna as my main,which was absolutely beautifully cooked and presented
My pud was probably the best chocolate pudding i have ever tasted,worth every penny, it is not cheap but an experience you must have when in Palamos if you love food and a cosy fine dinning experience.(something special)
We visited on the 17th Sept and wanted to go back on our second and last night in Palamos but they close on a Wednesday
Thank you to the staff and chef .especially the lovely French girl married to the chef...first class in every way.

3  Thank Sharonx855
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We went at La Menta at the beginning of our trip in Palamos this summer. We ended up eating three times at this gem of a restaurant during our two week stay. The food is really, really good. Loved the gambas three ways and the gambas a la plancha. My friends delected themselves with the filet mignon (they had it twice). The restaurant is owned by a very creative chef, a Catalan, and his French wife, Agathe, our hostess. Agathe was very knowlegeable about her menu and the wines she recommended. She and her staff were aslo very welcoming. I strongly recommend it. I only wish people were not allowed to smoke at the table. Even on the terrace, the smoke coming from adjoining tables can be annoying.

3  Thank Celine899
Reviewed 22 July 2013

As a matter of fact, I think this is the first time I have given such a low review of a restaurant. The food that night was simply strange. The gazpacho was bitter as was the 500 Euro per kilo (or so) canalonis were also bitter. Perhaps the chef didn't understand that you can't put fresh basil in because it makes the food bitter? (The calamaris, I have to say were very good), but nothing could be more bitter than the manager who, after asking me to tell her why I had problems with the service - which was borderline comical - started to tell me off. I was stunned. Well not that stunned since her snobby remarks started with "Well, in France, we have an expression..." that's as far as she got before we stood up and walked out. One good waiter, but the rest I guess family. Fine, if you're running an inexpensive family restaurant. I would have preferred to give my EUR120 to a better cause - like a book on etiquett for the staff. It's the second time I experience their indignancy and very uneaven cooking. Try La Selvatana 10 steps away. MUCH better everything. This place has a very attractive atmosphere, which, along with the exhorbitant prices (for Palamós) has tainted the opinions of the comments you read below. This restaurant is WAY over priced and has easily the worst staff in Palamós. Awful.

6  Thank stellarartist