“Cheap and clean but not walkable from the airport”

Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fleurus
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel is cheap, silent and clean: a good choice for early travelers.
Only real limit: it is IMPOSSIBLE to be reached walking, due to police restrictions and distance (taxi is 8 euros from airport and further 8 euros to airport).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
degives_veronique, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We can understand your reflexion about the difficulties to reach airport from hotel but this situation is independant of our wish. This is why we find the best prices to reach airport (8 euro instead 20).

Sincerly,

Véronique Degives

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel is very close to the airport, about 1km i walked there, took me about 15 minutes. on the way back i took a cab which cost 8 euros. Compared to other hotels which are near the airport this one offers the best value. The room was clean and the hotel staff were friendly and courteous. Will be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
degives_veronique, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Customer,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Budget Charleroi Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

My wife and I stopped at this hotel for one night only, as we had an early flight in the morning from the Airport. We had being staying in Bruges over the weekend and unfortunately it is a two hour commute, so we didn’t want to miss the out outbound flight the next day.

It is as everybody says, quite tricky to walk from the Airport to the hotel, that’s if you know which way to go, it isn’t obvious. Having taken the taxi in the morning, most of it is paved, therefore it can be done, you would have to walk over some grassed verges as you got to the Airport, but if you didn’t want to pay the 8 Euro fee each way it is doable.

The hotel itself is okayish, the rooms are quite small with integral shower, the TV is fine, and they only give you one pillow each, which was a problem for my wife. There is a heater which is very controllable; therefore temperature is not a problem. The rooms are very noisy, as the walls seem quite thin, you can hear conversations and toilets flushing in other rooms close by. The breakfast didn’t look too much for 7.5 Euro’s, very basic, but I can’t confirm completely because we didn’t go for it.

Having said that the rooms and hotel is clean, the reception staff are fine, the coffee machine was broken in reception, but a member of staff got me a coffee quickly, even though it was busy with breakfasts being served etc.

It is at it says a budget hotel, therefore that’s what you get, but really you can’t fault it, the price is reflected as a budget hotel. There is absolutely no facilities close by, except a Petrol Station which has a Mini Supermarket attached.

Avoid the vending machines in Reception if you can, they are expensive.

To sum the Hotel up, it’s okay for a stopover in readiness for an early morning flight, nothing more really.

Mark & Michaela

Room Tip: They all seem the same
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
degives_veronique, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the chance to welcome you again.

Véronique Degives

Reviewed 24 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Natalie T

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Well, what can I say? Maybe I would not go back after all, if I had a choice.The good thing is that it's just opposite the airport, so excellent if you have an early flight in the morning.But boy, that's it.The wc was dirty, the bathroom system simply appalling (with the sink in the bedroom and no privacy at all), the beds sooo unconfortable that you could cry the morning after.
The taxi service is efficient though expensive for just a few metres, and the staff is professional and kind, to make up for the other disasters.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TammiUK

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Budget Charleroi Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis Budget, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Sincerely

Degives Véronique

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I have visited this hotel 3 times over the past 12 months. 2 of those times within the past 2 months. Excellent staff and very friendly. The parking is excellent. Just remember to get a code when you leave. The rooms are spotless. They are rather small rooms and the bunk bed is not made. It comes in 2 plastic bags for you to make yourself. That would be my only criticism. Apart from that you get what you pay for. Its a budget hotel providing budget rooms. Its cheap and cheerful. I would happily stay there again. When I visit with a few of us we only want a cheap place to sleep. Its right next to the airport. Thanks.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
degives_veronique, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Customer,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hotel is well placed close to the airport...if you could walk directly it would take you 5 mins.. but I advise you do not until you have driven it first, otherwise you can get trapped by the fencing of the airport)
The staff are friendly, and helpful.
Restaurant is basic, but ok if you need a quick snack (like a pizza), but as you are in Belgium, you can get a can of Leffe from the vending machine :-)
Rooms are clean and functional, and have everything you need including free WIFI, flat screen TV, small desk, comfy bed and a shower.
The taxi service to the airport was timely and efficient, however arriving back on a Sunday evening at a busy time, was not so smooth, and I wasted an hour waiting for the taxi to come, before I finally got one from the rank at my own expense.
Not sure if I was just unlucky... the taxi company do not speak much English, so perhaps this was the issue...
In summary you get exactly what you expect.

Room Tip: If you like to watch the aircraft land.. (depending on wind)... take a room on the side of the recep...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
degives_veronique, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Sir,

Veronique Degives

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleurus
Charleroi Airport Hotel
Ibis Charleroi Airport
Ibis Charleroi Airport
#2 of 2 in Fleurus
Ibis Charleroi Centre Gare

Been to Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport? Share your experiences!