“Very central for Tuscan highlights”
other travellers have booked this property
views from the swimming pool
Villa in panorama Front entrance to the house
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Villa in panorama
Front entrance to the house
Patio in the garden with BBQ and pizzaoven.
landscaped swimmingpool
views from dble bedroom
Shower room
walk in shower
2nd bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
dalaby
yorkshire
“Very central for Tuscan highlights”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

My husband and I stayed at this lovely semi-detached villa for a week during the busy grape-picking season. It is on a small gated community with 4 or 5 other properties and at the end of a long, uphill dirt track (so that anyone reading this will not be misled by location). This means that the views are absolutely stunning (you can see vineyards, olive groves and even the walled town of Certaldo in the distance). Most of the time there is very little noise other than a distant church bell chiming or train passing in the valley below, or an occasional cockerel crowing or dog barking.
The house is well appointed and comfortable. Lots of personal touches in the decor. There is a well equipped kitchen which was perfect for us as we love cooking. Plenty of utensils, crockery etc and a large fridge/freezer. There were lots of books to read and DVDs to watch, ideal as we sheltered from the heavy Tuscan storms on a few evenings. No English TV channels, but who needs TV when you have Tuscany.
Outside there was great outdoor space - a large private garden, outside dining space, loungers, a lovely private pool that was cleaned twice while we were there.
Monica, the owner, provided lots of information, hints and tips about what to do, where to go, what to see, restaurants to visit etc. The proximity to the local train station in Castelfiorentino meant that we could park and ride into the major cities (Florence, Siena, Pisa) without the hassle of Italian roads, finding parking etc, And the cost of the train ticket and parking was far less than the UK (12 hours parking was just 5 euros!!).
A great relaxing week in Tuscany.

Steve M
“Marvellous villa with stunning views across the Tuscan countryside”
Reviewed 23 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Great location for visiting the major tourist spots,i.e. Florence, Siena, Pisa etc. The villa has impressive decor, is spacious and well equipped. It has a lovely pool with great views over the vineyards and olive groves. Monica was very helpful with advice and local information.

SkiptonBe...
Skipton
“Nice property with issues Web site misleading”
Reviewed 24 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This property is located at the top of a dirt track which is extremely bumpy, having only booked a Fiat 500 we struggled getting up and down, had we known about the road we would have booked a more substantial vehicle as we were worried that the car would get damaged. The owner informed us that she didnt realise how bad the road was and blamed the neighbours for not repairing it. Although the web site states Villa the property is actually attached to 3 other houses that are occupied by people who live there. On the first day one of the neighbours dogs barked all day long, we did report this to the owner and it only happened again on one more occasions. On the weekend the neighbour in the adjoining property was working on his property at 9.00am in the morning and we were woken by drilling which made the whole property shake along with a deafening noise which carried on for over 2 hours. On the day of arrival we were unable to access the wifi for 4 days which the owner blamed on the previous holiday makers downloading films. She only pays for a limited amount of usage so if you have children with Ipads and mobile phones etc you will need to turn them off from the wifi as you will not be able to use. After paying £2500 for a two week stay we found this very restrictive. After returning from our holiday, which we did enjoy apart from the above things we were flabbergasted that the owner was claiming 75 euros from the damage deposit. She claimed that we had broken a toilet seat and a door handle. The toilet seat had been loose on arrival and we new nothing about a door handle. Even had we had issues with these items we would have expected them to be repaired under her general maintenance, wear and tear schedule. I have since managed to get my deposit back but the owner has left a review about my family saying that we used all her wifi and lots of electric. During our stay there was a heat wave and we only used the air conditioning at night (110f) , all I can say is if you want to book this property do take before and after pictures so that you cannot be charged for items that you have not broken and book a suitable car for rough terrrain

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
29 Aug 2017
I would like to reply on the unjust comments made concerning villa Gello, and will give a real account of what was unfair claims involving much imagination.
On booking the villa people get an information pack with what to see local events, road , info of the house wifi ect. 1 family woods was informed a week previous of departure, that due to extreem temperatures in The area this summer that there was some problems with the road
Leading to the house. ( nothing to do with neighbours as claimed.)
2 wifi in info pack Stated is not unlimited and has 500MB pro day. Not for downloading movies nor games etc.Contact wifi company and give me date and time of usage during their stay, and 550MB was used up every day. 50 MB I had to pay extra, not counted for to guests.
( there were no problems with former guests , the week before as stated by julie woods
3 for a 2 weeks stay, guests receive a free cleaning and change of towels, and linen.
Then was discovered by my assistants, many broken items ,including toilet top out of the hinges, doorhandles of the door, and toilet was repaired , didn't mention anything from this
To the guests. Received photo proof of my assistant.
4 concerning dog barking, I contacted the neighbours who are in the summer in their 2nd home by the beach , where I was informed they had just come back to pick something up from home
And stayed a max. Of 1 hour.
5 with the statement works done next door?? Next door neighbours were not present during their stay and were on Holliday. All proven by Holliday snaps on Facebook, with times and dates! Also no works needed to be done to the house!
6 on their departure the cleaner had find the house in a terrible state, again toilet were out
Of the hinges and needed to be repaired , this was done, while I'm a tourguide in Europe
It is not possible to be fisically there, and get bills of repairs on my return home.
Of this I informed tripadvisor, who wanted it one day after their departure.
All was counted for was the toilet seat, 75€ didn't even calculated
1 all the damage done to the house,
2 no account for my extras for Wifi,
3 no payment made against the first damage done after one week.
4 while traveling during day time , blocked me a booking in September, while didn't answer within the hour. Not counted .
5 Cushions of the sofa needed to be specially treated , because of their state. Not calculated for
so I don't think the amount of 75€ for all the damage done is high rated and leave me rather with a large bill after their stay not counted for.
Please refer also to other reviews on tripadvisor
Katie W
“Love the Villa but difficult Owner”
Reviewed 22 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Beautiful villa but has various issues. The web site does not state the condition of the road leading to the property. We had rented a small Fiat 500 and were not advised that the road was extremely bumpy, this made the trip up and down extremely uncomfortable and we were worried that the car would get damaged. Had we been advised we would have hired a larger car that could cope with the road. Although the web site states WIFI available we had none for over 4 days from arrival The owner informed us that the previous renters had used it all downloading films. My daughter had an Ipad which we had to take off her and switched off our 2 mobile phones to enable us to have minimum usage. If you have children with Ipads you will struggle to keep them occupied as there is very limited usage, paying £2500 for a two week holiday you really expect to be able to use FaceBook etc. The house is in a row of 4 houses, the others are occupied by people who live there. On the first day the dog in the end house barked continuously, we did contact the owner about the problem so it only barked again on one other day! On the weekend the family next door were carrying out repairs to their outside wall, we were woken at 9.00am with an horrendous drilling which shook the whole house, this carried on for about 1 hour. Obviously people are entitled to do work on their properties and there is no control over this but its not what you expect on your holidays. After 2 weeks and a nice holiday we returned home only to find that the owner was claiming 75 euros from the damage deposit. We were flabbergasted. Initially she was claiming for having to pay to get the wifi fixed but then changed her mind and informed us that she was claiming for a broken toilet lid and door handle. Apparently the cleaner had informed her that a door handle was missing and had been repaired 1/2 way through our holiday. We were not informed by the cleaner and do not have any idea about a broken door handle. She sent a photo of a broken toilet lid which we were also unaware of, although the lid had been loose during our entire holiday. This owner ruined our holiday by making these false claims, even if a door handle had become loose or the toilet lid had become loose whilst we were in the property these would be classed as maintenance issues and should not be passed onto holiday makers. No check out had been done with the cleaner so we had no way of proving her claims although Trip Advisor eventually refunded our deposit after 2 weeks as the owner had no proof of her claims. The owner has now left a review about us saying that we used a lot of electricity, whilst we were at the property Italy experienced a heat wave with temperatures at 120F and we only used the air conditioning at night time and left it off during the day and kept the blinds shut to keep the heat out as instructed, so again these claims are completely false. This owner is not to be trusted, if you go make sure you take photos of everything that is not in full working order as you may get the blame for it when you leave !!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
29 Aug 2017
Leading to the house. ( nothing to do with neighbours as claimed.)
To the guests. Received photo proof of my assistant.
And stayed a max. Of 1 hour.
Of this I informed tripadvisor, who wanted it one day after their departure.
All was counted for was the toilet seat, 75€ didn't even calculated
1 all the damage done to the house,
2 no account for my extras for Wifi,
3 no payment made against the first damage done after one week.
Please refer also to other reviews on tripadvisor
Odyssey68...
“Family-friendly villa”
Reviewed 22 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

I stayed here with my family (including two babies aged 15 months) in June. We really loved Monica's villa. The garden provides plenty of space for children to play while parents can relax and enjoy the amazing views. The location is extremely central and all the main sights are just a short drive away. Monica was extremely helpful and we felt incredibly welcome. The house has excellent amenities and I definitely recommend it.

25 Jun 2017
Great to have you in villa gello, nice to know you had a wonderful time,
there are many more things to see and do in the area. you are always welcome any time. if you like any help you know where to find me.
Thanks again to stay in the house, Monica
Experienc...
“Great Family holiday”
Reviewed 9 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Monica could not do enough for us. She was on hand to deal with all our queries and emailed loads of suggestions of places to visit even though she was not even in the country at the time. My kids loved the pool and the outdoor garden are. The villa is brilliantly located for you to see all of Tuscany by train or car. We had a magical time and will be back. Thank You Monica

25 Jun 2017
It was a great pleasure to have you at villa Gello, and thank you for you wonderful feed back. i am at your disposal any time you are always welcome. If ever any questions for another trip in the area let me know.
many more places to see and visit in the area. Thank you , Monica
Suddabmp0...
West Yorkshire
“Truly wonderful!!”
Reviewed 17 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

We initially contacted Monica to enquired about staying at her villa for our honeymoon. She went out of her way to accommodate us and left us with some very kind gifts to say congratulations.

We stayed for 9 nights in total and wished we could have stayed longer.

The villa is beautiful, good sized open plan downstairs with modern kitchen and dining table with a large sofa which is very comfortable. A downstairs toilet/sink completes the look on the ground floor. Upstairs is a beautiful double bedroom and a further twin bedroom. A large bathroom with shower, sink and toilet is also upstairs. There is lots of storage in wardrobes and drawers to unpack for your stay.

Outside is a beautiful garden with two dining areas and sun beds. A pizza oven and bbq are also outside. Now, walk up a small slope to your PRIVATE swimming pool with stunning views. There is also another seating area up here to admire the view.

Attached to the side of the villa is also a sunroom with lounging areas. Two parking spaces are allocated in a gated complex.

We were met by two ladies who showed us round and made sure we were happy. Monica also phoned the next day to check we were OK. Monica also answered all our questions about local travel, restaurants etc in huge details.

We cannot thank Monica enough and will definitely return to her villa.

17 Aug 2016
Thank you very much Matt, it was a pleasure to receive you and be of any assistance for the outings. I welcome you both any time.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing