“Heaven on Earth!”

Locanda Le Boscarecce
Suffield, Connecticut
“Heaven on Earth!”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I just returned to Le Boscarecce in Castelfiorentino, Italy after a 5 year hiatus, and it is still one of the most beautiful and peaceful places I have ever visited! Susanna, Mossimo, and their wonderful family and staff are the perfect hosts, both here at at their hotel in Florence, Hotel Albion. The food served each night was amazing...simple yet delicious, using local and seasonal foods. Sitting on the outside terrace, overlooking the western Tuscan hills, is really like a piece of heaven on Earth. Susanna was very helpful in choosing great places to visit for day trips, as well as providing both appropriate commentary and excellent directions! I cannot wait to return again to this special place, surrounded by the most gracious family I have ever met in the tourism industry.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
susanna b, Owner at Locanda Le Boscarecce, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Dear Kim,
many thanks for the beautiful words. I 'm really very happy that you enjoyed so much Le Boscarecce and the food and the sunset.
Hope to see you again many and many times more
Love
Susanna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Hebrew first
Camarillo, California
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We visited Italy this summer, beginning in Rome and ending in Venice. In the middle of our trip, we spent 6 days in Tuscany at Le Boscarecce. Let me just say that we never wanted to leave! Susanna, our hostess, was incredible - she helped us plan our day trips (maps and all), cooked unbelievably delicious dinners every night, and treated us more like family than guests. We were a group of five, and one evening we took a cooking lesson from her which was so much fun. We ate our creations that night, and if I do say so myself, we did a pretty good job with the fresh pasta and zucchini souffles! Anyway, I would recommend Le Boscarecce to anyone looking for a beautiful setting, warm and friendly hosts, and good food. We asked Susanna what Le Boscarecce meant...she told us it meant small forest, as there once was a forest there hundreds of years ago. To me it will always mean "heaven on earth!"

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
susanna b, Proprietario at Locanda Le Boscarecce, responded to this review, 30 September 2012
Dear Thomlovesme,

Many thanks for your review! And many thanks for the definition 'heaven on earth'; Le Boscarecce is so quiet and pieceful and you catch the spirit of our place.
I'm alawys very happy to give advise and map and information on our country because I would love to be with my guests around sightseeing, but of course I have to work and cook and etc...
It was really fun do the cooking with you all! I hope you are making some of the recipes at home.
warm regards
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 6 August 2012

If all other hotel owners and their stuff would be so kind and hospitable as Mrs. Susanna, her family and coworkers are, every other trip would be a dream as this one was.

Starting from the first night with our very late arrival and her willingness to serve us and our kids a dinner although it was after 11pm - continuing with a beautiful, big three room apartment - and an amazing landscape that surrounds hotel, staying there was a true beautiful experience.

Plenty of good advices: where to go, what to see, where to park and how to avoid unnecessary costs; was just a part of their service.

It is worth of mentioning that Mrs. Susanna also owns another hotel in the very heart of Firenze and that she will allow you to park your car there, free of charge.

Definitively, we will come back to enchanting Tuscany and “Locanda Le Boscarecce”!

My honest advice to you is that you do the same.

Room Tip: All of the rooms shown to us were really beautiful. Just talk (write) to Mrs. Susanna and let her kn...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Sergej_Ivasovic,
thank you for the comment. About the 11pm dinner I have to tell you that for nothing at the world I can send someone to sleep without eat!!!!
It was very nice to welcome your beautiful family in our hotel.
See you soon I hope
Love
susanna
La Grange, Illinois
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Le Boscarecce. Susanna is a wonderful hostess and incredible cook. No need to go out for dinner when you can have a first class meal while watching a gorgeous Tuscan sunset. I had one of the best bottles of red ever at a cost of only 16 euro. The apartments are spacious and clean and the air conditioning worked great. Our waiter for breakfast and dinner was polite and very accommodating. He attended to our requests even before we asked him. We certainly hope to return.

1 Thank AnnMarieF43
Dear AnnMarieF43,
We thank you very much, but especially I thank you for your nice words about my cooking.
We really hope to see you again in our home
warm regards
susanna
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Simply stunning views, people and food. The rooms are nice, bathrooms are clean and very well appointed especially for Italian country side standards. The staff is friendly, and most of all they really care. One of the best meals I ever had was at the Locanda, over looking the hills, sunset, glass of prosecco...WOW!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
susanna b, Proprietario at Locanda Le Boscarecce, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear MariaDB11,
Thanks for your words about us! It is really true: prosecco in front of the sunset the best thing you can get!!!
Grazie Susanna
suffolk
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We have just returned from 10 days at Le Boscarecce and have already booked a trip for next year. From the moment we woke up to the beautiful views to watching the sunset go down, the days were bliss. Susanna is like a guru with her beautiful smiley face and great knowledge of everything. It is like having a personal trip advisor who knows your needs and gives you genuine advice. This location is fab as you are near so many good places for days out but if you want to stay in then you can lol by the pool and take in the views. The bedrooms are simple but very comfortable. They have very effective air conditioning and the hair dryer is fab! According to my son Rufus who is 9, Susanna has missed her vocation in life, she should be a teacher as she makes everything so interesting and makes you feel special. He is also looking forward to hearing if he has won the frog competition! Well actually so are we as he cant travel unaccompanied! It was my birthday during our visit and not alone did Susanna cook me a fab birthday dinner but also gave me a birthday gift, it is all these special little touches that make La Boscarecce one of a kind. The road up from Castelfiorentino is a little bumpy but we thought it was fun! We look forward to our next trip to La Bosarecce and the lovely team of people who make it a wonderful escape.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Victoria Sackville West room which is on the back of the house. We liked this room...
Dear Dunny Suffolk,
I have not enough words in your language to thank you to have been here! We do not know yet about the frog competition, but anyway Rufus (now that we are almost at the end of the season I can tell this) it was my favourite client. I had so many interesting conversation with him!
I would like to thank you for the nice words about the food I prepared and the cake and so on... well the fact is that people is really very good with me and for this reason I prepare good food for them....
Love to you all, but especially to Rufus
UK
Reviewed 1 August 2012

To be honest, I was a little dubious of the reviews of Le Boscarecce - it couldn't be that good, could it? Well it is - Susanna is a gem of a host, welcoming and extremely knowledgeable. Her staff are extremely friendly and efficient.

The location is excellent - you can easily make day trips to all the major Tuscan towns, but ask Susanna for her tips - we would never of got to Vinci (where there is a great Leonardo museum) without her help nor would we have got to sample olive oil or tuscan wines first hand...

The food in the evenings was an unexpected bonus - our kids ate everything (quite unusual!)

The pool is great and the table football was well used by my son ;o)

Ciao ciao Susanna!

Dear Bromfij,
it was a reeal pleasure to welcome your family here! Many thank for such nice words!
Love to you all
Susanna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castelfiorentino
La Pieve Albergo Ristorante
La Pieve Albergo Ristorante
#1 of 4 in Castelfiorentino
L'Antica Sosta
L'Antica Sosta
#3 of 4 in Castelfiorentino
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
#1 of 28 in San Miniato
Casa Vacanze Colle Bertini
Casa Vacanze Colle Bertini
#1 of 45 in Montaione

Been to Locanda Le Boscarecce? Share your experiences!