“Avoid like the plague”

Langport, United Kingdom
“Avoid like the plague”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Terrible Service, service and service

Oh and they messed up the orders and blamed us the customers!

I would never in my life recommend this place to our worst enemies. Had been here a few times before the dreaded last visit for my fathers birthday in June 2013.

I cant even describe what went wrong as you would not believe it but would just say that the owners - who happen to be the bar manager and the chef were very rude and unconcerned with what I can only describe as a disastrous customer service experience.

I travel the world with my business and have had the pleasure of dining in some fantastic places as well as some less than fantastic but can honestly say this has to be the worse.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank H2499MNmarkh

Ilminster, United Kingdom
“The waiters were brilliant”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The food was far short of brilliant. Everyone eating on the same evening were using reduced priced vouchers from a local newspaper. The booking process was dreadful as the phone was simply unanswered. Eventually contact was made by email, but this served only to reveal that the bistro was not open on the nights advertised.
The food has echoes of 1970's with 'broth' being anything but a broth, more like Oxtail Soup, The Brie and Mango tart was sad and tasteless, the crab cakes tasted dull and from frozen stock. The decor echoed the 1970's theme being black and white and with a fish tank. When you arrive it is akin to going into someone's garage, I have no idea what this building was before but it was certainly not any public area of the hotel and it is difficult to understand why it is there.The saviours are the staff. The two chaps working were fantastic and deserve an award. They even managed to try to distract us when the Manager decided to rearrange all the furniture in preparation for next day, whilst we were still finishing.
It is difficult to believe that this establishment will thrive in these difficult days, as there will have to be massive improvements

• Visited February 2013