“Lovely art !”

Shakspeare Glass and Arts
Ranked #4 of 8 things to do in Langport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Shakspeare Glass & Arts combines the factory shop and studio with an inspiring gallery displaying an ever changing range of local and national artists and craftsmen. Enjoy a coffee and locally made cakes; let the world float by out on our decking over the River Parret, watch our glass blowers when they are huffing and puffing or sit and relax in the gallery. We have our own private free car park, dogs on leads are welcome and we are right on the river walk. Come and explore!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This shop displays very lovely and fine glass art. We always enjoy the creativity of artists and were not disappointed here. They run from classic to whimsical in ceramics, glass and other media and we had no problems selecting a few gifts to bring home to family. Watching the glass blowing adds to the pleasure.

Kate S, Owner at Shakspeare Glass and Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Hello Marilyn,
Thank you for your review. I choose all the pieces in the gallery not made by us here, and there are all made by artists/craftsmen in the UK. It's fun selecting and always lovely to meet new people who appreciate handmade things! Best wishes, Kate

All reviews
"fab"
"balcony"
"pleasure"

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I was treated to a glass blowing experience at Shakspeare glass by my wonderful son. We had a really interesting morning, lots of fun but left with the knowledge that glass blowing is really hard, physically demanding (you really need to be fit!) and technically very skilled work - my 'plate' serves well as a asymmetrical bowl for nuts! The staff are so friendly and supportive. I'd recommend the experience 100%.
And Langport is a delightful town, beautiful walks by the river and fab cafe Art-tea-San! Recommend highly

Kate S, Owner at Shakspeare Glass and Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience and explaining the constraints and demands of the morning. It will be of great help to others who may be interested as it is very difficult to convey exactly what is required of participants. Best wishes, Kate

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Lovely gifts here. I loved the glass ball I bought with the colours and shapes of Somerset on it. I can look at it and see the levels.

Kate S, Owner at Shakspeare Glass and Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Hello Toddy536,
Many thanks for your kind review. Good to hear you are enjoying the 'Somerset' glass ball!
Kate

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner visited this cafe to buy a coffee and use the toilet. When we asked for a coffee the woman told us the cafe was closed for food and drinks. I asked if we could use the toilet as we had been stuck in standstill traffic for over 3 hours... she said no they are for customers only. I couldn't believe it as the shop was still open AND I was willing to be a customer to buy coffee!! Very rude and has definitely put a dampner on our holiday as we were in a lot of pain!!!

3  Thank Lily R
Kate S, Owner at Shakspeare Glass and Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Dear Lily R,
I spoke to you on Friday. You did not ask for a coffee, but walked in and wanted to use the toilet to which I said I was sorry as it was for customers only. You were not a customer and I gave you directions to the nearest public toilet. I was polite and spoke to you although I had other customers who were in my gallery to whom I was talking at the time. We stop serving drinks and cakes at 4pm.
Unfortunately we have had a large number of people walk in and use the toilet and abuse our hospitality leaving it in a disgusting state. At the point I had to close my shop for 15 minutes to deal with the latest problem I decided I had had enough.
You are giving me a review based on my lack of public toilet facilities.