“Very comfortable hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Unterfohring
Tuam, Ireland
“Very comfortable hotel!”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed at the Comfort Hotel for 3 nights in January 2014. I found the staff always very nice and they checked me in early as I arrived on an early flight. My room was on the second floor and it was comfortable and clean. One issue I had was at night time, I could hear a lot of noise either coming from the restaurant downstairs or my neighbours. I could even hear my neighbours using the bathroom.

The hotel is location 2 mins walk from the Unterföhring S-Bahn station and you can be in the city centre in 20 mins. Very convenient.

The breakfast buffet was well stocked with a wide selection for all tastes. I could find no fault with that.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, maybe I was just unlucky with noisy neighbours!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ComfortMuenchen, Director of Sales at Comfort Hotel am Medienpark, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Jonathan,

The team from Comfort Hotel am Medienpark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Very satisfied with this hotel. It has a great location, 2 min walk from the S Bahn Unterforing station which is pretty much halfway between the airport and downtown Munich. Front desk staff were very helpful, even checked me in earlier when arrived around 8am. Neighborhood is very safe and quiet, mostly residential. Room was spic and span, but small, and so was the bathroom. The shower was narrow and the sink oddly takes space from the shower. The shower curtain constantly sticks to you so it takes a little getting used to and some patience. Nice flat screen TV with over 30 german channels only, which I didn’t mind. Excellent breakfast buffet, especially liked the automated coffee machine. Hotel restaurant is great as far as service and food quality with decent prices for dinner. Hotel recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Axl,
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

the team from Comfort Hotel am Medienpark
Cavriglia, Italia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We booked last minute a room in this hotel and we were a bit "scared" about reviews telling that it was "far from the city center" (you know, travelling with kids distance may be an issue). Well, let me say that we had a wunderschön surprise. We found a welcoming room, with baby cot and a comfortable small terrace. Bathroom was a bit tiny, but it's definitely not a tragedy.

Nice restaurant on ground floor, offering a convincing buffet breakfast in the morning and traditional dishes in the evening. Staff is very friendly as well.

Free parking in the back of the hotel or - with an extra € (I believe something around 8 €/day) - in a garage. Free WiFi in the room as well.

Last but not least: this pet friendly hotel is in the center of the tranquil town of Unterfohring and is approximately 200 meters far from the S-Bahn station. The S8 line can bring you to city center in about 20 minutes.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ComfortMuenchen, Director of Sales at Comfort Hotel am Medienpark, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Pukeko78,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team.
Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

york
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Hotel for a Friday and Saturday night at the start of August. I paid 69Euro per night for single use of a double room. I asked for an upper floor room and parking. I wanted somewhere that I could park the car without paying a fortune and that was near enough to the City for me to get public transport. The hotel did not dissapoint at all. The location is unterfuhring, a leafy suburb of Munich, very residential but with a small supermarket about 4 mins walk away. The S-Bahn station is on the same street and is Line S8. The train ticket machines show english and I paid E5.90 or so for a day ticket covering all public transport in the main zones. It's a 15min direct ride into the city. There are a good 5 or 6 places to eat within a 5 minute walk or the hotel has a resteraunt attached, reasonable menu about 12Euro for a main course, some less, some more. I ate there and food was excellent and service quick. The car park is large at the rear of the hotel and is free, if it gets full there is on street parking in the area. I was in room 401 on the fourth floor (for once a hotel actually takes note of your preferences) the room was at the fron and had a balcony. Room was nice, TV was new flatscreen and there was free wi-fi at a good strength. Downside, no fridge to cool your drinks, no A/C but although temp outside was very hot, room was bearable. Staff were polite and helpfull. Breakfast was cold buffet and hot eggs/bacon/sausage it was included in the rate. I will stay here again, sat nav took me straight there no problem.

Room Tip: It is a quiet area the road outside is not busy 401 was a large nice room with a good sized balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank john2445
ComfortMuenchen, Director of Sales at Comfort Hotel am Medienpark, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear John,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my colleagues, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Kind Regards,
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This hotel is not in the center of Munich, but in very quiet and nice suburb. It is easily accessible by car (free parking) and by public transportation. Free wifi and a breakfast buffet were included in the rate. The hotel staff was gracious and friendly. It has an elevator for your luggage needs.
We had a double, non-smoking room that seemed standard size for Germany; the bathroom was small, but then so are all the bathrooms in Germany in this price range, it seems. The room had all the amenities an American Comfort Inn would have, so it is low on charm but high on functionality.
We only stayed here one night, but had a pleasant experience, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alipg
Dear Alipg,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

Lahr, Germany
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Nice hotel in relatively quiet surrounding.

Plusses: Clean, nice service staff, very good breakfast, very good prize-/performance ratio, easy accessible by S8-train to/from Munich airport (20 minutes to MUC downtown only), free parking

Minuses: Extremely small bathroom in standard rooms (for 1 person only), complimentary Internet didn't work

Sum-up: 3 star comfort with small rooms on fair level.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Dils2003
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This hotel is clean with decent sized rooms and good value. Its location is close to the trian station with regular trains via the SBahn (every 20mins) that quickly get you into the heart of Munch. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is well stocked and good quality. There is a pub attached that serves very nice beer (in fact my favorite during my stay) and a good selection of meals. It was nice to have a quiet base after a day in Munich that was within easy reach of the city.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank James T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Unterfohring
Best Western Hotel The K Munich Unterfoehring
SportScheck Hotel
SportScheck Hotel
#6 of 6 in Unterfohring
Star Inn Hotel Muenchen Premium Domagkstrasse

Been to Comfort Hotel am Medienpark? Share your experiences!