“Excellent gluten free breakfast”

Comfort Hotel am Medienpark
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Unterfohring
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just spent two nights at the comfort hotel am medienpark. It is very conveniently located just a couple of minutes walk from the Unterfohring s bahn stop. Quiet neighbourhood, excellent for cycle paths. The hotel rents out adult bikes. We are a family of 4 so we hired bikes down at the main rail station in Munich and then cycled out to the hotel through the Englischer Garten. Really excellent thing to do . The hotel happily accommodated the bikes overnight in the hotel garage. The next day we cycled out to the Arena football stadium - just see it really then cycled back into town. All off road and lovely. The hotel breakfast is excellent. Lots of hot and cold options. Let them know in advance if you are coeliac and requiring gluten free bread. When we come to Munich again we will definitely choose to stay at this hotel again. The name of the cycle hire place at the station is Radius Tours and bike rental.

Room Tip: We had two rooms. Both excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
ComfortMuenchen, Director of Sales at Comfort Hotel am Medienpark, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Julie0608,
thank you for your positive review.
We looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Best regards
the team of Comfort Hotel am Medienpark
Katrin Kretschmar - Sales Executive

There are newer reviews for Comfort Hotel am Medienpark

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here several days for work on the Media park just the other side of the train station in Unterföhring and the location is ideal for that purpose. If you want something close to Munich but outside the noise of the city then it is again an ideal location, around 25 minutes on the train will see you right in the heart of the city for just a couple of euros - and the same train line will have you at the airport in twenty minutes for a fraction of the cost of a taxi.
The hotel itself has really friendly staff who speak great English and are keen to answer any questions. Check-in was a breeze and they had my booking ready to go meaning I was in the room in just a couple of minutes.
The rooms are of a reasonable size for the price although the decoration looks old. My room had been well maintained but some of the changes over time had been essentially covered up - there is a spot where a mini bar used to be, the cupboard is now empty but has all the grilles still. There must have been some different layout with the beds in the past as there is a large metal plate on the headboard to cover previous holes for some fittings and the two 'bedside' lamps on the wall are now too far from the actual beds to be used in that way. This would suggest that the beds were much newer but they creaked quite a lot when getting on and off but thankfully not too much when moving around to get comfortable and ultimately and importantly I got a good nights sleep each night.
Countering the 'old' feel there is a very good, up to date and free wireless throughout the hotel - a must these days and the Comfort has a better setup than many 'top' hotels in Germany and beyond. There is also a nice modern TV with numerous Sky channels and good picture and sound quality - all the channels are perhaps unsurprisingly in German although one or two English channels would be a nice addition especially as I would estimate almost a third of the guests I saw during my stay were English speakers.
The bathroom was clean and tidy but the shower feels a little claustrophobic with the cloth shower curtains over the bath and the rather large soap dispensers (yes two in the bath!) plus a grab rail and the shower head itself - there didn't feel like a lot of space left for me! However the shower itself is great, adjustable head, powerful spray and plenty of hot water mornings and evenings.
Whilst there was no aircon in the rooms the temperature was fine, helped by the cleaning staff opening the windows for the day - the area is safe and after the first night I left the window open as there is little external noise to bother you.
But there is a lot of noise from inside the hotel, bumps and knocks that seem to carry through the walls from different floors - I thought this would disturb my sleep but it seems most of the guests are in bed by a sensible hour and was less of a problem than it could have been and as mentioned before I had several very good nights sleep!
Cleaning staff are very eager and did knock several times before 9am on the weekend to try and clean the room! Once in the room they are quick (on one day my room was completely cleaned whilst I had breakfast) and do a great job.
Breakfast is good, above what you might expect for a hotel in this price range - there is a decent choice, plenty of food, well prepared and the staff make sure nothing runs out. Seating can be a little tight at busy times and again the staff are on the ball to clear tables more speedily when needed.
The restaurant really comes into it's own in the evenings though with great food at a good price and a relaxed atmosphere so don't expect fast food but do expect good!
Overall the place is well worth staying - there is a car park if you need it and they rent out bikes for the day to explore the area or if you fancy riding through the nearby English Garden all the way into the centre of Munich. Would happily stay again.

Room Tip: Hotels at the back are out of the direct sun but do not have a balcony - road noise is NOT an issue...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Alan,
We would like to thank you for your detailed review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

the team of Comfort Hotel am Medienpark
Katrin Kretschmar - Sales Executive

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed at the Comfort Hotel for 3 nights in January 2014. I found the staff always very nice and they checked me in early as I arrived on an early flight. My room was on the second floor and it was comfortable and clean. One issue I had was at night time, I could hear a lot of noise either coming from the restaurant downstairs or my neighbours. I could even hear my neighbours using the bathroom.

The hotel is location 2 mins walk from the Unterföhring S-Bahn station and you can be in the city centre in 20 mins. Very convenient.

The breakfast buffet was well stocked with a wide selection for all tastes. I could find no fault with that.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, maybe I was just unlucky with noisy neighbours!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
ComfortMuenchen, Director of Sales at Comfort Hotel am Medienpark, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Jonathan,

The team from Comfort Hotel am Medienpark

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Very satisfied with this hotel. It has a great location, 2 min walk from the S Bahn Unterforing station which is pretty much halfway between the airport and downtown Munich. Front desk staff were very helpful, even checked me in earlier when arrived around 8am. Neighborhood is very safe and quiet, mostly residential. Room was spic and span, but small, and so was the bathroom. The shower was narrow and the sink oddly takes space from the shower. The shower curtain constantly sticks to you so it takes a little getting used to and some patience. Nice flat screen TV with over 30 german channels only, which I didn’t mind. Excellent breakfast buffet, especially liked the automated coffee machine. Hotel restaurant is great as far as service and food quality with decent prices for dinner. Hotel recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Axl,
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

the team from Comfort Hotel am Medienpark

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We booked last minute a room in this hotel and we were a bit "scared" about reviews telling that it was "far from the city center" (you know, travelling with kids distance may be an issue). Well, let me say that we had a wunderschön surprise. We found a welcoming room, with baby cot and a comfortable small terrace. Bathroom was a bit tiny, but it's definitely not a tragedy.

Nice restaurant on ground floor, offering a convincing buffet breakfast in the morning and traditional dishes in the evening. Staff is very friendly as well.

Free parking in the back of the hotel or - with an extra € (I believe something around 8 €/day) - in a garage. Free WiFi in the room as well.

Last but not least: this pet friendly hotel is in the center of the tranquil town of Unterfohring and is approximately 200 meters far from the S-Bahn station. The S8 line can bring you to city center in about 20 minutes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ComfortMuenchen, Director of Sales at Comfort Hotel am Medienpark, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Pukeko78,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team.
Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Hotel for a Friday and Saturday night at the start of August. I paid 69Euro per night for single use of a double room. I asked for an upper floor room and parking. I wanted somewhere that I could park the car without paying a fortune and that was near enough to the City for me to get public transport. The hotel did not dissapoint at all. The location is unterfuhring, a leafy suburb of Munich, very residential but with a small supermarket about 4 mins walk away. The S-Bahn station is on the same street and is Line S8. The train ticket machines show english and I paid E5.90 or so for a day ticket covering all public transport in the main zones. It's a 15min direct ride into the city. There are a good 5 or 6 places to eat within a 5 minute walk or the hotel has a resteraunt attached, reasonable menu about 12Euro for a main course, some less, some more. I ate there and food was excellent and service quick. The car park is large at the rear of the hotel and is free, if it gets full there is on street parking in the area. I was in room 401 on the fourth floor (for once a hotel actually takes note of your preferences) the room was at the fron and had a balcony. Room was nice, TV was new flatscreen and there was free wi-fi at a good strength. Downside, no fridge to cool your drinks, no A/C but although temp outside was very hot, room was bearable. Staff were polite and helpfull. Breakfast was cold buffet and hot eggs/bacon/sausage it was included in the rate. I will stay here again, sat nav took me straight there no problem.

Room Tip: It is a quiet area the road outside is not busy 401 was a large nice room with a good sized balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank john2445
ComfortMuenchen, Director of Sales at Comfort Hotel am Medienpark, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear John,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my colleagues, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

This hotel is not in the center of Munich, but in very quiet and nice suburb. It is easily accessible by car (free parking) and by public transportation. Free wifi and a breakfast buffet were included in the rate. The hotel staff was gracious and friendly. It has an elevator for your luggage needs.
We had a double, non-smoking room that seemed standard size for Germany; the bathroom was small, but then so are all the bathrooms in Germany in this price range, it seems. The room had all the amenities an American Comfort Inn would have, so it is low on charm but high on functionality.
We only stayed here one night, but had a pleasant experience, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alipg

Dear Alipg,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Michael Oswald

Also consider these accommodations in or near Unterfohring
Best Western Hotel The K Munich Unterfoehring
#132 of 385 in Munich
No photo provided
Hotel Gasthof zum Gockl
#5 of 6 in Unterfohring

Been to Comfort Hotel am Medienpark? Share your experiences!