“A DREAM”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Vatera
Boston, Massachusetts
“A DREAM”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have just begun a long stay at this wonderful place and I know I am home!!
The family is fantastic.
The atmosphere is absolutely the best.
The amenities are more than I could expect.
I am relaxed and peaceful.
Basically, I love it here at Vatera Beach Hotel!
I know the remainder of my stay will be the best time ever.
And I know I will be back!

Room Tip: Every area of the hotel is very nice!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Bob19671972

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a hotel you want to visit again and again, and lots of people do - including myself. The owners, Takis and Jennis, are so charming and welcoming, they're very professional and cater to your every need. The food is magnificent with lots of vegetarian dishes as well. I've travelled all over the world, and this is by far one of the best hotels with the most charming atmosphere I've experienced.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We discovered Vatera Beach Hotel in the days of the Drachma and it still gives us a thrill to know we will be returning yet again for that personal touch that we have come to love and cherish - as delivered by hosts Takis and Jennie. They have taken over the reigns (from their parents) with a passion and it is still by far our favourite holiday retreat anywhere in the world. You could book somewhere else cheaper, or you could book somewhere else far more expensive and glamorous. Either way you would still be missing out on a remarkable stay. The cuisine (local and Greek specialities) is worth coming for alone. The friendships we have formed here over the years (with staff and guests alike) will last a lifetime - what more could we say? Highly recommended!
John, Dawn and Tommy R

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are nice - but not essential for a great holiday.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank John R
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2014

A jewel of a find and fabulous getaway for couples and families on the southern coast of Lesbos. Hotel owners Takis and Jenny cater to your every need from the moment you arrive - from hiking tips to car rides into nearby Polichnitos. We stayed for a week and ate all our meals at the hotel. The food was terrific - fresh, tasty, and very Greek. Don't expect to lose weight here! Good beach for sunning and swimming (bring beach shoes for the rocky slabs underwater) and lovely short hikes in the area through olive groves and along the long curving shore. And one thing that is important to us, and a sign of character, is the genuine kindness that Jenny and Takis showed to animals. All in all, an excellent experience in a wonderfully isolated and scenic part of Lesbos. John and Gayl

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

What a rare island gem this Vatera hotel on Lesbos is, family owned and run. It is managed by a wonderful young brother & sister team Takis & Tzeni (Jennie), having been built by their parents who had an eye for detail and charm. Takis & Jennie are amazing hosts, making you feel right at home, and that is the feeling you get from when they first greet you at the top of the steps at the entrance, to the time you leave. My first stay was in August 2010 with family & friends. My second in August 2012 with family & my best friend. My third visit was August 2013 with my older sister. I'm currently saving to return again this year 2014 on my own (I always meet some awesome people) The hotel is full of memorabilia, and is very well maintained, the rooms are large, clean and air conditioned for those beautiful warm summer Aegean sea breezes. The authentic Greek fare is superb and a must try from their own restaurant. The hotel has 2 verandahs, an upper and the lower is located directly across the road from the hotel just a few steps down to the beach. Rest & relaxation is assured if you want it and you can travel to & from the hotel to anywhere on the island for a day trip. (Being Aussie helps, cause we're used to driving to towns 3 or 4 hours away and back in one day). I would highly recommend a stay here, soak up the sun, enjoy the Aegean Sea and it's breezes and most of all the company of your hosts Takis & Jennie. Can't wait to be back there again soon! :)

Room Tip: The rooms have Great views, either a side room or front room - you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dallilama
Baar, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 October 2013

What more to add than to be in complete agreement with the previous reviews concerning this lovely, warm, comfortable and cozy hotel.

We had the intention to spend just one night at Vatera but were so delighted by our very knowledgeable hosts and the place that ended up spending 3. The food was excellent, the service outstanding, kind and friendly.
There is no swimming pool but a lovely clean beach right in front of the hotel and nobody needs a fitness center there. Just cross the quiet road and have a good swim!
We really felt at home and pampered like nowhere else in the island.

Room Tip: Rooms by the seaside. They have a perfect size and a large balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Me and my best friend were looking for a 'Greek' place to stay. We wanted to see a beach that isn't covered with sun loungers and a location that isn't packed with foreign tourists. We've found this gem of a place were most of the tourists are Greek, Vatera is just perfect. The hotel was very comfortable, food to die for and staff extremely helpful even giving us lifts and lots of advice. Highly recommended.
we travelled in end of May 2011

Room Tip: you want a room with a sea view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank AgnieszkaTravelBug
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vatera
Aphrodite Beach Hotel
#2 of 6 in Eftalou
Pasiphae Hotel
Pasiphae Hotel
#4 of 7 in Skala Kallonis

Been to Hotel Vatera Beach? Share your experiences!