“Nice hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Somma Lombardo
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed one night on arrival to Milan. Hotel has a shuttle which was very convenient. Hotel sent us the shuttle timetable by e-mail. Nice rooms with tea, coffee facilities. Breakfast was also good with a variety to choose from. Only minor issue was at check in the receptionist took a while to find our names. All in all a nice place to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,609)

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I've stayed in plenty of Holiday Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses and this is fairly modern, but also fairly limited. Eveb before I got there, i had a problem with the service. The website tells you there is a free shuttle bus, but not how to find it. I emailed to ask how to reahc them, but no reply. Not much help at the airport either until I found the bus stop by accident and then realised I'd just missed one so would have to wait nearly an hour. Luckily a helpful taxi driver found me a solution by advising me to go the free airport terminal shuttle and getting off at the second stop. The hotel is back along the road the bus takes, so in the dark and with the bus still in front of me was tricky to find. Better instructions on the hotel website would make a massive difference. So, on arriving, check-in was fine, although they forgot my Gold Elite status and tried to charge me for wifi. Getting into the room was also tricky at first, you have to push the door at the same time as swiping the card, otherwise nothing happens. Otherwise, breakfast was fairly basic, but ok, and the free, official, shuttle bus worked fine in the morning to get me to the terminal. Soud-proofing of the airport noise worked very well, shame that doesn't also apply to the internal walls as I was woken up by music from the next room. Overall, it's ok for the airport, but would not stay for any other reason.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MarkP39
Salvatore M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guest good evening,

We would like to thank you for your review, your suggestions and we apologize for any inconvenience in catching our shuttle bus.

Mazzola Salvatore Giuseppe

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Likes most Holiday Inn Express locations, this one no fuss, no frills. There is instant coffee and tea bags in the room and their "king" beds are just two twins pushed together. Everything was clean and the breakfast was OK. My boyfriend and I stayed here mostly just to have a place to sleep since we had a flight out from Malpensa the next early morning and wanted to take the shuttle. The shuttle is on time and follows their pre determined schedule.

Service is OK. We arrived late at night and wanted a quick bite so I asked my boyfriend to go downstairs and ask for a salad for me. They didn't have any salad and as a replacement offered a panini with ham and cheese.. Not exactly the substitute I was hoping for. They could have at least discounted the sad panini that was made with all the items they serve for breakfast instead of charging us full price for it still. Is it too much to ask for some vegetables?

2  Thank mstinawu

Dear Guest good evening,

we would like to thank you for saying that Hotel was clean and for having raised me the problem that you had to the Bar.

We are working to improve our choise and our stock to avoid this in the future.

Thank you for choosing our Hotel.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Very easy to get to as it was a few minutes walk from the terminal shuttle bus stop. The buses run every 7 minutes between terminals 1 and 2. We stayed here because we were flying from Terminal 2 early in the morning. A good size clean room and a nice bathroom. We didn't use any facilities in the hotel.

1  Thank abutler70
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I tend to pick hotels very close to the airport if I have a very early flight and this was no exception. I can say that I've been to Milan for a day but did not experience it. You are completely out in the boondocks but you have a free shuttle to take you to Malpensa Airport every half hour. I've stayed at a few HI properties and this one was certainly average to below average.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rickc2651

Dear Guest good evening,

we would like to thank you for you review and for choosing our Hotel.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

If you are ever traveling out of Italy leaving from Malpensa in Milan, you must stay at this airport! It is exceptionally modern and provides transportation to the airport for ease in catching your flight. Free breakfast is excellent, of good quality, with many choices. It is a great value hotel and the internet connection is the fastest found in Italy. While we at first had trouble finding US TV channels, a conversation with the front desk helped us locate all the ones we needed. Of course since Malpensa is so far out of town, it is not a good choice for seeing tourist sites in Milano!

1  Thank Martha B
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This place provides great value for your money. It's only 5 minutes by shuttle from the airport and is half the price of the hotel that is walking distance to the airport.

Stayed here the night before our flight to avoid the rush getting from the city to the airport in the morning. It's an airport hotel, so I wasn't expecting much at all. Check-in was fine, room was very clean but no carpeting, bathroom sparkling clean!
We turned on the tv and but it turned itself off. Tried several more times, called front desk, tried again, called front desk, they sent someone up. That person tried for about 10 minutes and couldn't get the tv to work. They asked if we wanted to switch rooms... no, not after getting settled. They should have offered to switch the tv.
Breakfast - not so great. Hard boiled eggs were only partially cooked, bacon and eggs were gross, even the juice was horrible. It was so watered down it tasted like flavored water. The only good thing at breakfast was the cake.
Would I return, yes b/c its a great value, but don't expect great food or great service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ilovetravelphotos
Salvatore M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest good afternoon,

we are sorry to hear from you that our food was not good.

For our guest we try do our best , my be some times bacon and eggs are not cooked as every people would like but is not possible to say that food is not good.

Hoping to welcoming you in your next trip I would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Somma Lombardo
Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa
Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa
#4 of 9 in Somma Lombardo
Crowne Plaza Milan - Malpensa Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport? Share your experiences!