“Unusually unsatisfactory for Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Somma Lombardo
Basel, Switzerland
“Unusually unsatisfactory for Holiday Inn”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here with my family overnight whilst we waited for our flight. Usually, Holiday Inn rooms are fine for overnight stays whilst waiting for a flight but this was highly unsatisfactory. We arrived in the evening and, since it was raining heavily, opted not to walk down the unlit road to find the pizzeria round the corner. Instead, we ate at the hotel. I ordered a basic cheese pizza, but service was slow and when my pizza arrived it was cold and overcooked. It made me feel highly sick, and half way through the night I ended up being ill.

The room itself was ok, though the bed was hard and the covers weren't thick enough. I accept I visited in July, but it would be nice to have a few more covers in case it's cold, like it was when I visited.

Breakfast the following morning was unsatisfactory. Everything looked and tasted unappetizing, so in the end I ended up just buying breakfast at the Airport instead.

Whilst the shuttle bus to the airport was free, that was the only good thing about it. Firstly, the bus was late upon arrival, which was stressed me out since we had a flight to make and being on time to an airport it key. Secondly, there weren't enough spaces on the bus, which resulted in the bus driver getting off the bus and yelling at all of us, before forcing a family with kids who didn't have a flight to catch get off. In the end, there was room for the family but they missed the bus due to the unorganisation of everything. If there was a proper system to the bus, then it wouldn't have been so hectic. The actual bus itself smelt stale and was damp. The he driver was angry and drove so recklessly that I had to hold on to the handles. I felt uncomfortable with him driving. He was rude when we got off the bus - didn't help us with the luggage, and walked away as we tried to say thank you. If I had to travel through Milan Malpensa again I would stay elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Freya H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Freya H,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Birkirkara, Malta
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We only spent one night in this hotel while we were on our way to Desenzano del Garda. We arrived in Malpensa at 2am and phoned the hotel for the shuttle service. We didn't wait for long. for the bus to arrive. Rooms very clean and spacious. Quite happy with the customer service and breakfast was good too. Recommended.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I always stay at this hotel before my departure from Milan-Malpensa airport. The rooms are awesome and price/quality plus the location are just stunning. I'll always come back here to spend the night before my departure from Italy.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Beograd,Srbija
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The location is fantastic, 5 minutes from the airport .
I stayed with my family in this hotel 2 nights,the first and the last night of our journey.
We arrived late at night,so we used free bus between terminals (station CASE NOUVE).
The staffs is friendly and the check-in is fast.
Room was very clean, spacious and modern.
Free wifi.
Breakfast is very good.
We would definitely stay here again

The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I BOOKED THIS hotel for 2 nights and even loosing money I stayed only one.

Mold in bathroom, dirt is the room, dirt towels, very bad neighbourhod, etc.

The hotel did not refund my money, as this was the fare. This seens to be a trap, you arrive at the hotel and check that this is a very bad place and leave after the 1st night.

Beds were sagging.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MF018
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear MF018,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the issues you had with your room accommodations. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
shropshire
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Landed late at night and it was dark, would have struggled to find without sat nav, but fortunately had waze on phone and arrived within 10 minutes of leaving airport.
Rooms clean, food ok, only gripe the beds a little hard for my taste, but overall would use again as so convenient.

Stayed July 2014
Herzliya, Israel
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel 2 nights: first night and last night of our tour in Italy
The hotel is very clean, spacious and modern rooms
The staff were polite and helpful
There's a free shuttle from the hotel to the Terminal in both directions
Breakfast is very good for Italian standards
Excellent noise insulation
This is highly recommended hotel for those who need to be near the airport
excellent value for money

Idea Hotel Plus Milano Malpensa Airport
Hotel Ristorante Cervo
Hotel Ristorante Cervo
#6 of 10 in Somma Lombardo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport? Share your experiences!