I stayed here with my family overnight whilst we waited for our flight. Usually, Holiday Inn rooms are fine for overnight stays whilst waiting for a flight but this was highly unsatisfactory. We arrived in the evening and, since it was raining heavily, opted not to walk down the unlit road to find the pizzeria round the corner. Instead, we ate at the hotel. I ordered a basic cheese pizza, but service was slow and when my pizza arrived it was cold and overcooked. It made me feel highly sick, and half way through the night I ended up being ill.
The room itself was ok, though the bed was hard and the covers weren't thick enough. I accept I visited in July, but it would be nice to have a few more covers in case it's cold, like it was when I visited.
Breakfast the following morning was unsatisfactory. Everything looked and tasted unappetizing, so in the end I ended up just buying breakfast at the Airport instead.
Whilst the shuttle bus to the airport was free, that was the only good thing about it. Firstly, the bus was late upon arrival, which was stressed me out since we had a flight to make and being on time to an airport it key. Secondly, there weren't enough spaces on the bus, which resulted in the bus driver getting off the bus and yelling at all of us, before forcing a family with kids who didn't have a flight to catch get off. In the end, there was room for the family but they missed the bus due to the unorganisation of everything. If there was a proper system to the bus, then it wouldn't have been so hectic. The actual bus itself smelt stale and was damp. The he driver was angry and drove so recklessly that I had to hold on to the handles. I felt uncomfortable with him driving. He was rude when we got off the bus - didn't help us with the luggage, and walked away as we tried to say thank you. If I had to travel through Milan Malpensa again I would stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport, the closest hotel to the Terminals.Located only 500m from the Milan Malpensa International Airport, the hotel represents the ideal place to either meet for work or relax after a long journey.Take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to/from Terminal 1 of the airport available on a scheduled basis, and to/from Terminal 2 on request. Alternatively the airport offers a 24h free shuttle between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 with a bus stop just 200m from the hotel.The brand new Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport combines contemporary style, comfort and convenience thus representing the smartest choice for travellers attentive to value for money. Start your day on a good note with a reinvigorating power shower experience and a complimentary extensive buffet breakfast.Modern technology and fresh look are the strengths of the brand new Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport hotel which offers 124 comfortable bedrooms all equipped with soundproof windows, WiFi internet connection and wooden floor. Ample public areas designed with lively colours and refined materials are available to our guests who will be able to surf the internet by using the dedicated internet points or by simply connecting to the wireless net.Complete the offer free parking facilities and a meeting room able to host up to 40 persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport Hotel Somma Lombardo
- Holiday Inn Express Somma Lombardo