“Suitable for those who are looking to stay close to Melpensa airport”
Review of Tre Leoni

Tre Leoni
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Somma Lombardo
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I stayed there last week with my family of husband & 3 kids. We chose this one because its price was fair considering the fact we needed a night close to the airport in Milan arriving there late.
We arrived at around 10:00pm. Located in a nice village/town, about 5km from the airport.
When we checked in we had to then follow the receptionist in her car to the apartment we stayed in which was located few min drive from the hotel. This was less convenient but not too bad.
The apartment was big and clean, with two rooms and a large bathing room and plenty of clean towels. The only bad thing I have to say is that we had to lift the suitcases upstairs to the second floor with no elevator- which was not so convenient.
We spent the night there then drove to the hotel again for check out and breakfast.
Overall, good for its price and worth for those who need to stay close to the airport in a decent rate.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 September 2012

The satnav took us through the smallest narrowest streets and wanted us to ross a railway.
We arrived as a group of 3 around 2pm, and the guy informed us that our triple room was in an apartment 700m away but when we followed in our car, it was nearer 7minutes away. The entrance was through the cellar and looked like works were going on or just finishing. The main entrance door was not obvious but had a smashed screen, which perhaps was the reason we were shown in the other way. The room smelled of cigarette smoke, had a cot, one single bed and a double in one room, and 2 singles in another. There was no phone and we felt completely diconnected from the Hotel we thought we would be staying in. There was no Internet as advertised in this area. We walked back to the hotel to get our passports and explained we did not feel safe or comfortable and asked again if there was a room in the main hotel area. I think the owner came over and miraculously found one, albeit a smoking room. Still it felt safer. The night of sleep was disrupted by the noises, thin walls, garbage collection in the early hours, and pretty much all noises you could expect to hear outside. I also thought it was strange that I was told breakfast was until 9:30am, and downstairs only to find the staff moving everything by 8:50am away. Once I went to pay and check out I could see where all the breakfast staff had taken the food, upstairs and to the locals. The shuttle to the airport was a few minutes late. All in all, it was pretty much one of the the worse nights ever in a hotel. Cost was £50 per person. It is classed as 3 star but is definitely not.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Munichlass
Reviewed 11 September 2012

This hotel is close to the airport which is nice and they do provide a free shuttle (I think that it is free during certain time periods of the day). The hotel was clean and fairly modern in decor. The hotel staff spoke English reasonably well. The only problem that I had with this hotel was that I arrived here from Milan by taking the train system. Somma Lombardo, the city that the hotel is in, is very difficult to reach by train, as the regional trains only stop in the town every two hours. If you miss your train (like I did - the Italian train system is not very good about keeping on time!) then you may have trouble getting to the hotel. The hotel also has wireless internet but my room on the second floor did not receive any signal so I had to go to the lobby to use it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2012

As others have commented there is nothing fancy about this hotel, but it passes muster for a late evening arrival and a morning flight the next day. The hotel offers a free airport shuttle and there was a three minute shuttle ride from the hotel to our two room suite that was modern and extremely clean. Since we arrived at the central train station, we used the shuttle bus (7.50E) to get us from there to the airport for the hotel shuttle pickup. Minor annoyances were an inoperable bathroom light (a separate alcove provided sufficient indirect light to overcome this problem) and a television with only one receivable channel, two remotes and no user instructions all of which were brought to the attention of the staff upon checkout, although I did not see the receptionist make a written note of these errors. The room was off a street with some traffic noise. Our low budget web price included a basic continental breakfast the next morning. I would not recommend paying anything but a bargain basement price for our suite style room and only use it for a one night layover. English skills via phone and reception desk were very good.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2011

This hotel was extremely convenient and reasonable in price. The hotel provides a free round trip shuttle that runs to the airport 24hrs a day. The ride to and from the airport is about 10-15 minutes depending on traffic. There is also a restaurant/pizzeria on the property next to the lobby that closes pretty late. I also noticed a large grocery store within walking distance on the way to the hotel.

My only complaint - The room was small and the bed was REALLY uncomfortable. (The room was clean) but the carpet in the hallways were a little dirty.

Again, this hotel is ideal for someone traveling to the airport the following day.

Some of the staff were really friendly and some not so much. However most staff members did speak English and were helpful.

The internet is not free but I had to make an emergency call to the states, I paid only €4.50 for 30minutes. (I dialed to an American toll-free number, I don't know if this had anything to do with the low cost)

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The hotel was clean and nice, nothing over the top but did the trick for a night before we flew out of Milan. And the Shuttle Service was prompt.
The special part of this hotel was the staff. There were many desk clerks that spoke very good English and were very friendly. One in particular, Domenico Calaianni, was super nice and made us feel right at home.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This place is close to the airport, which is what we wanted as we were just staying overnight for an early flight out. The free shuttle to the airport was great. The room was in the "annex" which was several blocks away from the main hotel. The room was functional, although it felt damp to me. The food at the restaurant was fine, but after 10 days of wonderful italian food this place was subpar.

The driver of the shuttle was awesome though... it was an old Italian guy who didn't speak any English... but that didn't stop him from talking to us the entire way to the airport. It was hysterical.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Crowne Plaza Milan - Malpensa Airport
Sempione Hotel Ristorante
Sempione Hotel Ristorante
#2 of 2 in Casorate Sempione

Been to Tre Leoni? Share your experiences!