“Triple hoax” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leleg Restaurant

Leleg Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 45 Restaurants in Gumusluk
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Triple hoax”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Sad to say that this review could have been totally positive but because of my last visit this restaurant is no longer one I would frequent again. I was traveling in Gumusluk with my three children and frequented Leleg on 4 separate occasions and found it to be pleasant and hospitable, a bit forward on wanting us to buy fish but nothing terrible. On our last visit that changed, they welcomed us and then proceeded to say that they were giving us a fish, a small fish , a sea bass and I hesitated to accept but did. When the fish came it was presented to us with two heads to make it appear as if they gave us two fish but savvy as they were on the check I was charged for just 1 fish at double the cost. What a terrible trick, sea bass was listed as 25 turkish lire abd i was charged 50. I was terribly disappointed and felt cheated and scammed which I didn't expect from them,however, traveling alone with my children I didn't want to have an argument regarding this and chalked it up to an unpleasant experience and lesson learned. What appeared to be a nice local spot for a bit of an upscale experience of mezes and fresh fish turned into a shark tank. Sorry to say to Leleg's Resit, very disappointed that this scam was played on us , a decent family who gave you a lot of business and could have referred others.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Kcekids

• Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
“very slow service, very expensive prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

the restaurant is the first one u find coming from the handicraft market as you enter the marina. we were starving and sat down to eat. the place was half full i would say and he had a fridge displaying fresh fish, so it looked good enough. i ordered appetizers and dinner, we got the cold salads and appetizers about 25 minutes after we ordered, and the hot appetizers came along with the main course about 75 minutes since i ordered them! meanwhile i repeatedly complained to which i was told the food would arrive withing 5 minutes (several times) i tried to cancel the order, because i was more sleepy than hungry at that point, however i was told it will be on the table in 5 minutes again! after all that ordeal which really ruined our night, we were presented with a bill that was in turkish (hand written) or hand scribbled rather! with an astonishing amount which did not make any sense at all. we just paid it and left because we could not wait to get out of there. im giving it 2/5 because the food wasn't that bad. Go to NAZMI restaurant about 20 meters down, it was a great find and i had dinner there many times after that!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Zewey
Oxford
“Good, standard, fish restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Eat here one evening in late September. Very good location on the sea front at Gumusluk almost opposite the road leading down from the car park and bus station. One of many similar restaurants, we went for it because the front man was not as pushy as some of the others in trying to drag you in!

We had the set menu - a very reasonable 70 TL(less than £30) for two for three courses and a glass of wine. Standard stuff: meze, followed by a choice of bream or sea bass, with a milk pudding to finish. Nothing out of the ordinary but all very pleasant. Very friendly staff, they were hosting a very big party of disadvantaged kids and handicapped adults that evening (some sort of charity do with local TV cameras and interviews) but they did not neglect us. They gave us complementary Turkish coffees at the end of the meal and the owner came over and read my fortune in the grounds - roughly translated by the waiter who had taught himself some English :-)

One thing that applied to all the outdoor, sea front restaurants was the number of cats and dogs wandering in and out of the tables. This was fine by us - we are animal lovers and they all looked healthy and well cared for - but I suspect it might bother some people.

Generally an enjoyable meal in a fantastic setting.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank M_Didius
kent
“Restaurants in general in Gumusluk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

I have just returned from Gumusluk - I am not fingering Leleg but most of the restaurants on the bay - I would say 'buyer beware' - a 2 course light lunch for 2 people costs £80 to include a bottle of wine - I asked numerous times for the price of the fish before it was cooked and quite suddenly nobody spoke english. These tactics or something similar happened twice so we never ate in Gumuslak again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank buntybo
New York
“Beautiful View & Fresh Fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

Just back from our summer trip to Bodrum. We loved this restaurant. The fish was incredibly fresh. The olive oil dishes tasty and various. The decor and the view were both lovely. And the owners incredibly friendly and the service outstanding. I do not think my water glass ever even hit the half way point. I'm happy to recommend this place and will certainly be going back the next time I am in Turkey.

Btw, this, as well as most other Turkish Restaurants, is no place to order a pasta. That's a bit like going to a chinese restaurant and ordering sushi. Sure they might have a roll or two on their menu, but you know that it is not going to be their forte. Stick to the Fish and the sides cooked wih olive oil and you cannot go wrong.

1 Thank GunceArkan