“Same taste and perfect hosting”
Review of Leleg Restaurant

Leleg Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 51 Restaurants in Gumusluk
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Same delicious taste, same perfect hosting, same great pleasure both in winter and summer with the beautiful view of Gumusluk bay

1  Thank aozatilgan

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We arrived in the little village of Gumusluk after a 25 minute trip on the local bus (dolmus) from Turgutreis. We'd decided to have a little stroll then find somewhere to eat. The village consists mainly of a few houses and lots of restaurants along the water's edge. Approaching a restaurant as we came down the slope from the bus park we were greeted by the owner who began by telling us the history of the village, using a guide book with lots of pictures. Although aware that his purpose was to entice us into his premises, we enjoyed the little 'lecture'. We told him we wanted a walk first but were both happy to return for a meal. We sat in a semi covered area right at the edge of the water and a waiter immediately offered a blanket to go round my shoulders - it was quite breezy but not really cold. The menu of course had a lot of fish (I don't eat any fish or seafood unfortunately) but there were plenty of other options and we both chose kebabs - one chicken and one lamb. Both came with rice, chips, good fresh green salad and tomato. Although we didn't want dessert we were presented with fresh water melon (on the house). We were both very happy with the food, the meat was tasty and beautifully cooked. If you like fish, it's definitely the place to go though I can't report on the quality! The cost was a little higher than we'd paid for a bigger meal a few days earlier but still good value and the setting was perfect.
If you're in the area, there are plenty of places to visit, including a sunken village. It's also possible to walk out to Rabbit Island: we didn't try, having watched a few people struggling not to slip!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Hilal and his team took very good care of on what was to put it mildly an inclimental day. Happy moved us indoors when the heavens opened. Shared Grouper which was lovely. Would definately recommend.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Sad to say that this review could have been totally positive but because of my last visit this restaurant is no longer one I would frequent again. I was traveling in Gumusluk with my three children and frequented Leleg on 4 separate occasions and found it to be pleasant and hospitable, a bit forward on wanting us to buy fish but nothing terrible. On our last visit that changed, they welcomed us and then proceeded to say that they were giving us a fish, a small fish , a sea bass and I hesitated to accept but did. When the fish came it was presented to us with two heads to make it appear as if they gave us two fish but savvy as they were on the check I was charged for just 1 fish at double the cost. What a terrible trick, sea bass was listed as 25 turkish lire abd i was charged 50. I was terribly disappointed and felt cheated and scammed which I didn't expect from them,however, traveling alone with my children I didn't want to have an argument regarding this and chalked it up to an unpleasant experience and lesson learned. What appeared to be a nice local spot for a bit of an upscale experience of mezes and fresh fish turned into a shark tank. Sorry to say to Leleg's Resit, very disappointed that this scam was played on us , a decent family who gave you a lot of business and could have referred others.

4  Thank Kcekids
Reviewed 1 October 2012

the restaurant is the first one u find coming from the handicraft market as you enter the marina. we were starving and sat down to eat. the place was half full i would say and he had a fridge displaying fresh fish, so it looked good enough. i ordered appetizers and dinner, we got the cold salads and appetizers about 25 minutes after we ordered, and the hot appetizers came along with the main course about 75 minutes since i ordered them! meanwhile i repeatedly complained to which i was told the food would arrive withing 5 minutes (several times) i tried to cancel the order, because i was more sleepy than hungry at that point, however i was told it will be on the table in 5 minutes again! after all that ordeal which really ruined our night, we were presented with a bill that was in turkish (hand written) or hand scribbled rather! with an astonishing amount which did not make any sense at all. we just paid it and left because we could not wait to get out of there. im giving it 2/5 because the food wasn't that bad. Go to NAZMI restaurant about 20 meters down, it was a great find and i had dinner there many times after that!

1  Thank Zewey