“A true culinary and sensory esperience”
Review of Mimoza Restaurant

Mimoza Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 46 Restaurants in Gumusluk
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
İstanbul
“A true culinary and sensory esperience”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Excellent food,discerning service,incredible views and environment...Seafood ,regional herbs and great tasting dishes..we spent a whole afternoon enjoying what was originally lunch...

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Faron83

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
“hidden pleasure of gumusluk.. waiting to be discovered!”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

you will enjoy walking along the beach to get to this jewel that lies in gumusluk, the setting is very serene and calm, with very nice selections of music playing softly in the background. everything is white which gives it a very summery airy feel... the selection of turkish mezza (salads & cold appetizers) is very wide... i savoured every dish we ordered! the hot appetizers are mouth watering stuffed with pastrami and cheeses... yum!! it was truly a delight for me and my palette! the service was excellent, the hostess is very pleasant and the waiters are very attentive! the shrimp baked with cheese, peppers and onions was marvellous, as was the shrimp sauteed with mushrooms and garlic and a hint of pepper...the wine list is great, definitely try the sarafin savignion blanc which is a local turkish wine that went perfectly with the food!! i wish i could back there now!!!

1 Thank Zewey
Istanbul, Turkey
“Pricey would be an insufficient expression. 'Ripoff' would do fine.”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

As recent TA reviewers Margeritta and TravelWins correctly observed, Mimoza is the worst ripoff fish restaurant in Gümüslük, and probably also in the entire Bodrum peninsula.

I must admit that the ambiance, freshness of the food, as well as presentation of Mimoza is admirable, these aspects are not sufficient to justify outrageously high prices. Fish restaurants have the highest profit margin in Turkey (due to the fact that the customers accept extremely high markups in alcoholic beverages and fish as compared to supermarket prices). Therefore, it is absolutely obnoxious to add further markups (read:profit margins) to already high markups.

If you are willing to spend an additional 30 or 40 percent more at Mimoza rather than having the same food in the next Gumusluk restaurant, Mimoza is the right place for you! If not, try any other Gumusluk fish restaurants next door, with the same amazing view but slightly less impressing surroundings...

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank gezgin_dromedary
Istanbul
“I feel sad when I read reviews below”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I feel very sad when I read reviews below. Because Mimoza located best place of Gumusluk. Location, sea view, local foods evertyhing perfect to create a real touristic icon except money minded management. There is no menu and no price, thats why you cannot know what you pay. Your table location and service quality set based on how much you spend. Overpriced bill should not be a surprise. Always check the bill because when I check the bill I figured out some items added that I havent ordered. As a local reviewer I recommend avoid this tourist trap restaurant if you looking good food with good price.

3 Thank GokhanTercan
St Neots, United Kingdom
“Terrible Attitude”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I tried to book a table here as a single traveller and then again with a group of friends.

As a single traveller I tried to book a table and they did not want to know. They made every excuse under the sun as to why they could not give me a table even though I was trying to book two weeks in advance. I reluctantly accepted this as, at their busy time of year,I assumed it made poor business sense to have a table occupied by one person when it could accommodate four. Their attitude was appalling however.

When we returned as a group we booked well in advance and specifically booked a table by the sea. 'Yes, yes we can do this' was the response. When we arrived they tried to put us in a table in the middle and when we pointed out that we had reserved they tried to put us on a table miles down the beach. We left and will not be returning. Go to Zeytin or Fenerci - the food is better there and the wine cheaper and the people are so much nicer.

3 Thank Deborah M