“Yet another disappointing impression of malaysian's resort”

Lanjut Golden Beach & Golf Resort Kuala Rompin
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kuala Rompin
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Took a 4-5 hours ride from Singapore to this resort for a 4D3N stay. I was lucky to get this rather spacious villa facing the beach compared to some of my friends who stayed at the apartment. The 2-storey villa has 2 rooms on the 1st storey and 1 room upstairs. Floor was not clean (sands and dust) and we had bugs coming to visit us every now and then both in our room and in the toilet. We couldn't boil the water in the electric kettle as it was too rusty. We had the kettle changed but it was not any much better. Each person was entitled to a distilled water bottle each morning from the housekeeping team, other than that there was no access to clean drinking water unless you decided to purchase more bottles from their provision shop.

My bed sheet had dead bug stains and was dusty. Suffered from a bad nose the next morning. A cleaner bed sheet was changed only on day 3 morning.

When I went to visit my friends' room over at the apartment, their room condition was worse, I had parquet flooring, they had tiles; I had a stronger water shower head, i had door knobs for toilet, they didn't but only had a latch. Their rooms were poorly lit too.

Facilities wise, I am unable to comment much. I went there for an organizational retreat, so the function room was what we visited the most. There were activities for the teens though, such as kayaking, ball games. We had a campfire too (that was the only highlight).

Food was average. The eating experience was terrible as we had to swat houseflies at every single meal! We had our meals at a open area, it definitely was not enjoyable.

I did not swim, the kids did. Water looked stagnant. I am unable to comment on the fitness facility, I am not even sure whether it existed in the first place.

For the price you pay, I'd suggest you visit elsewhere. The beach was not golden for sure. It was plain and any cleaner beaches would fit the bill. This place is boring, out-of-the-place, dusty, peppered with houseflies/sandflies. For me, this will be my last visit at the resort.

Room Tip: I guess the room I had was one of the better ones around already. Request for a beach villas. (there...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carol C

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Well, nobody heard of kuala rompin and yes, no wonder nobody heard of this place until you stayed in this 'hotel'. I booked this 'motel' for last minute and paying about RM290 per night. I would not expect no shower head and no flushing toilet at all. I arrived very late so I just stay for a night. next day morning breakfast wasn't any better. Hard boiled egg is not cooked and flies everywhere. Please don't rate yourself as resort . Please, maybe motel ? With more reasonable price ?
The beach ? come on, just another port dickson . total disappointment .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Meijiwong
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Bungalows are almost wrecked, the pool is a bucket of mud, breakfast is dangerous to eat (I saw employee droping toasted bred on dirty floor and then picking it up and serving it to Customer breakfast), Hotel empty but no refund possibility : I paid for a week and stayed just a night...

I guess it cannot be worse and such an hotel is an insult to malaysian natural hospitality !!!!!

please avoid this place

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank basikaldeNancy
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I had chosen the hotel as its announced comfort. What a disappoinment!
Déplorable welcome, nobogy to guide us up to the chalet in the absolute black. Bad state of rooms and bathrooms.
Chalet eaten away by termites preventing you from spleeping....
Pitiful services, the worst of hotels met in 60 years. To avoid!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Twinkel12
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I am use to travel All around the world but it's the first time i stay in a so pitiful hotel.
I paid in advance my entire stay and only stayed a single night.
No dedomagemment was made despite our notice.
Hotel very dirty
Pool looks like a swamp
Small inedible breakfast....

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Lobak76
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I have been many times in Malaysia for holidays and tried a lot of hotels
The lanjut golf resort is from far the lousiest resort I ve ever stayed .
There was no water in the bathroom ( the handle would turn as well as the tap ) , there was termites holes , and termites noise at night . When we checked in at night , the chalets were just pointed by hand .We had to spend a good 15 minutes with our luggage before we could find the right units .Breakfast was dreadful . Salt was wet , no pepper , sausage totally dry , and toast tasted stale bread .The orange juice had a taste of chemical . Despite we fully paid all the 4 rooms 3 months ( for 9 nights ) in advance , and spent only 1 night , no refund was given and not even an apology for the very poor standard of this so called resort .The worse ever ! to be avoided

Room Tip: I have been many times in Malaysia for holidays and tried a lot of hotels The lanjut golf resort i...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The first thought that came to my mind is that the hotel looks like it's going to be closed down soon. It seems that they do not maintenance the place at all. The gold field looks yellowish and there's an open burning on the other side. Didn't know the purpose, maybe just wanna chase away the mosquitoes. It could be a real beautiful golf course.

We were the only people in the hotel during our stay. We stayed there for 4 days 3 nights to attend a business trip in Muadzam Shah. The food is expensive and bad. Waiter and waitresses were not trained. Many food on the menu are not available. They came to our table 3-4 times just to tell that our choice of menu are not available. Funny but irritating at the same time. The nearest operating restaurant outside is probably around 30 minutes away.

The pool was closed during our stay. The beach is nice but has no one playing on it. You can't see it when the sun set. It is very dark.

The room is tidy but the furniture looked aging. The fan is not working, the balcony light is not working as well. The air-con sounds like it is going to break soon. I couldn't sleep on the first night because of the loud sound from the air-con. Water pressure is not very strong. Thankfully that we were the only guest and no one else was using.

It has a TV set in the room with a few channels. Not a very big TV, around 32-inches, if I am not mistaken. Didn't try to use the room service so I have no comment on that. We only get a newspaper on the third night.

The only reason why we didn't changed to the other hotel was that there were no other good hotels around. The one in Kuantan are way too far.

It could be a real relaxing place to be at if you are looking for leisure. Good place to have your extra marital affairs at. No people will bother about you.

Room Tip: Second floor will have a good view at the beach, but maybe will get lower water pressure. Air-cons...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Been to Lanjut Golden Beach & Golf Resort Kuala Rompin? Share your experiences!