“Food good apart from that it was a joke!”
Review of The Spinnaker - CLOSED

The Spinnaker
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe with contemporary retro luxury accommodation serving innovative breakfast,lunch and afternoon tea.Home-baked scones and cakes a specialty.
“Food good apart from that it was a joke!”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I took my father here for dinner during the week and were very annoyed by how we were treated the staff on were more interested in something funny as we stood waiting to be seated when all we could here was people laughing from out back after 5 mins we seated ourselves. The food was good but apart from that it was awfull the decor is very dull and basic and the music was very noisey and really annoyed us! There is a lot better places close by and would never recommened The spinnaker to anyone!

2 Thank sheena111
thespinnaker, Owner at The Spinnaker, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Dear Sheena111

I was very disappointed to read your recent feedback about The Spinnaker. This is not the standard off service The Spinnaker. There are however a few point's I would like to make about your review.
1. You start by saying you took your father out here for dinner during the week i find this quite Impossible as The Spinnaker is not open during the week for diner. Maybe it was another venue you took your father to.
2. You said you waited 5minutes and then seated yourselves. I also find hard to believe as i have an alarm fitted at the front door that goes off in the kitchen when someone walks past it should any of the staff be in the kitchen carrying out their daily duties.
3.You also mention that the decor is dull and basic. Well I cant agree with that my interpretation of being dull and basic would be all the wall being a dark colour and plain with nothing on the walls. The Spinnakers decor is a refreshing green with the wall behind the counter a purple colour. I would also like to point out the walls also have artwork from well known local artists. I don't find this dull and boring.

I believe this review to be subjective and false and I don't believe you have ever dined in The Spinnaker.

Kind Regards
Tony Quail

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Extremely well priced! Staff were amazing! The food was to die for! This place should start getting awards!!!

1 Thank Hannahstran84
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Relaxed lunch”
Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

Called in the Spinnaker today for a simple and relaxing lunch with my husband and sister.
The menu was really lovely and we would not hesitate to come here for an evening meal.
We did not feel rushed in any way. The seafood chowder was delightful as was my.sisters choice of tomato and red pepper soup.
Casual but special too.
Very reasonably priced.
Loved it.

1 Thank RuthQ10
“Won't be back!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We ate here lately and were shocked at how low the standards were the food was cold and basic and staff were disinterested and rude! Won't be back!!

2 Thank ericsmith123
thespinnaker, Manager at The Spinnaker, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Thank you for your constructive comment and extremely detailed review.

Regards

Tony Quail
Ballynahinch, United Kingdom
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

we had been to two previous local restraunts/cafes and we were not happy,on our way out of strangford we spyed this wee spot,food was amazing! staff was great! not one bad thing to say!

• Visited August 2012