All reviewsgame of throneschowdersmoked haddockcastle wardbread and butter puddinglovely villagelasagnawarm welcomefirst classwell worth a visitnext morningards peninsulanorthern irelandsecond to noneshort drivebirthday treatfew drinks
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I called in with my sister for a drink and had a chat with Peter who was serving in the bar. We decided to sail down the next day from RingHaddy with my brother-in-law, leaving the boat at the small marina in Strangford and wander across for lunch. No sign of the owners, but the staff on duty were equally welcoming,knew the history of the buildings and the town and generally made us feel both like locals they knew without dropping the service levels. Fresh fish had just arrived and we had a simple,beautifully cooked meal without the price tag you are often met with in better known establishments! Will be back. Ps the local Armagh cider is a find

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear valhall81
I really enjoyed reading your review, I agree with you 100% when you say "people make the difference" our ethos is to treat every customer as we would like to be treated our selves, to ensure that this is consistent throughout The Cuan we 'hire the attitude and, if necessary, train the skill'. We hope to welcome you again to enjoy some more of our exciting range of freah fish.
Many thanks for the review.
Caroline, Peter & Team

Reviewed 7 June 2012

I could not fault my stay at The Cuan everyone was just so nice and welcoming, but if I had to choose a few members of staff who stood out to me was a you child call Conall and his mother Caroline. Overall a brilliant stay and I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BigTripper123
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear BigTripper123
Conall was 'over the moon' to see his name in print on Trip Advisor, he is a great help to the housekeeping team and I am the proud mum! Many thanks for taking the time to share your memorable experience of The Cuan with the rest of the world.
Looking forward to your next visit.
CAroline, Peter & Team

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Just came across The Cuan and booked in for the night. Good food and comfortable lodgings. Nice people.

Room Tip: Visit local National Trust property whilst there and leave on the ferry to travel north towards Belfast and the Titanic museum.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
TheCuanCoDown, Owner at The Cuan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear Brian 1946
Many thanks for taking the time to feedback on The Cuan through Trip Advisor.
We take great pride in The Cuan and are delighted to boast about our Special Award from Taste of Ulster as their top scoring restaurant for the past 3 consecutive years:
98% in 2010; 99% in 2011 and 100% in 2012!!
I hope you have another opportunity to call with us Brian 1946.
Caroline, Peter & Team

A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
TheCuanCoDown, Owner at The Cuan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I celebrated my 40 th birthday at The Cuan last weekend- 19 of us had a great weekend in Strangford. Nothing was a problem for Caroline and Peter - the dinner menu was perfect and we loved having breakfast together the following day too.
I've stayed in hundreds of hotels across the world, but can honestly say that the warmth of the Cuan is unrivalled!

• Stayed: May 2012
TheCuanCoDown, Owner at The Cuan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2012

Dear Gcmcg
What a delight to read your feedback - now don't be waiting until another significant birthday to call with us again!!
Caroline