All reviews game of thrones chowder smoked haddock castle ward bread and butter pudding lovely village lasagna warm welcome first class well worth a visit next morning ards peninsula northern ireland second to none short drive birthday treat few drinks
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights last week with 4 friends, following a hectic few days in the lead up to our son's wedding. Our time in Strangford was just what we needed to recover - from the moment we arrived everyone was helpful and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We had some of the best food of our 10 day stay in Northern Ireland, 3 good nights' sleep and even experienced excellent weather to take in the local scenery. We enjoyed the walk round the headland, the trip on the ferry to Mount Stewart, and a drive up to Nendrum all in sunshine. Thank you Peter, Caroline and staff for giving us such happy memories to take home.

Room Tip: We had room 5, with a view of the village. Would recommend asking for this room as it was a good size and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 7 July 2012

Dear JaniceT
Many thanks for your delightful and extensive review of The Cuan. It is very encouraging to get such positive feedback, our heart is truely behind our business. I hope you find another opportunity to come back to stay with us JaniceT.
Regards
Caroline, Peter and the Team

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Stayed just one night wish had more time for longer. Dog friendly room well thought out near an exit for 'walkies'. The food was superb, service excellent. A charming place.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Karenclarke
Delighted to read your summary of The Cuan. Keep an eye on our calendar of events for lots more reasons for a repeat visit.
Many thanks
CAroline, Peter & Team

Reviewed 16 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here because we heard it was very good, and so it was. When we booked in we were told they were having a new boiler fitted and there was no hot water, and they would knock money off the price, so we stayed dinner bed and breakfast. The dinner at night was awesome, the fish was fresh and beautifully cooked. The owners and staff were fantastic, they made you feel like a long lost friend, coming home. The lack of hot water was not a problem, I would have thrown myself in the Strangford lough rather than miss the food. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear shiela565
I REALLY LOVE your last line: I would have thrown myself in the Strangford lough rather than miss the food.
We thoroughly enjoyed the fun and chat with you and are glad to hear that the work on the new heating system didn't detract from your stay. See you soon.
Caroline, Peter & Team

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I called in with my sister for a drink and had a chat with Peter who was serving in the bar. We decided to sail down the next day from RingHaddy with my brother-in-law, leaving the boat at the small marina in Strangford and wander across for lunch. No sign of the owners, but the staff on duty were equally welcoming,knew the history of the buildings and the town and generally made us feel both like locals they knew without dropping the service levels. Fresh fish had just arrived and we had a simple,beautifully cooked meal without the price tag you are often met with in better known establishments! Will be back. Ps the local Armagh cider is a find

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear valhall81
I really enjoyed reading your review, I agree with you 100% when you say "people make the difference" our ethos is to treat every customer as we would like to be treated our selves, to ensure that this is consistent throughout The Cuan we 'hire the attitude and, if necessary, train the skill'. We hope to welcome you again to enjoy some more of our exciting range of freah fish.
Many thanks for the review.
Regards
Caroline, Peter & Team

Reviewed 7 June 2012

I could not fault my stay at The Cuan everyone was just so nice and welcoming, but if I had to choose a few members of staff who stood out to me was a you child call Conall and his mother Caroline. Overall a brilliant stay and I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BigTripper123

Dear BigTripper123
Conall was 'over the moon' to see his name in print on Trip Advisor, he is a great help to the housekeeping team and I am the proud mum! Many thanks for taking the time to share your memorable experience of The Cuan with the rest of the world.
Looking forward to your next visit.
CAroline, Peter & Team