The Cuan
Hotels.com
US$131
US$114
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgame of thronessmoked haddockchowdercastle wardbread and butter puddinglovely villagewarm welcomefirst classfeel so welcomewell worth a visitnext morningards peninsulanorthern irelandcouldn't do enoughshort drivebirthday treatfood was lovely
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This was a lovely surprise we found in the dark of the afternoon that was very cold! We booked in no worries with the lovely owner for over 25 years Caroline and her husband Peter. Did a fantastic deal for B&B and a meal and well worth it! The room was large, fresh and clean and the bathroom was almost as big, being the same - clean and fresh.
We had a few drinks downstairs before dinner meeting a couple of locals and who were good fun and full of stories. Then we went in for our meal which was exceedingly large but so full of flavour - with myself having the Pork with Rice and my Hubby having the Monkfish! Delicious!
Breakfast was another full treat with all their products being locally sourced! The whole eating experience was super delicious!
If you happen to be in the area, I must push that 2014 for The Cuan is looking super sweet and fun! If you go on their website you will see a month by month activities that they are holding and for great prices and heaps of fun. We will return and hopefully on one of the great weekends they are holding!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tamvon
TheCuanCoDown, Owner at The Cuan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Tamvon
What wonderfully extensive, detailed and complimentary feedback, it is such a positive feeling to know that we are really making a diference to the guests that visit The Cuan. I hope you travels bring you back on another occasion Tamvon. Thanks for the PR work on 2014 at The Cuan!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

My family and I enjoy the wonderful and service from Peter and Caroline and their team. Everybody is very friendly and helpful. The food is fantastic and cooked the way you like it. We always look forward to our meals and are never disappointed.
In 2012 Peter made me a special Birthday/Christmas cake for my wife - it had to be gluten free.
We enjoyed it so much that in September 2013 I phoned to ask if I could order the same for mid November. I asked for the same again.
When I phoned 2nd week in November, I was told that the cake was ready for collection. The gluten free cake is again fabulous. The icing and decorations are a delight to look at and eat. The fruit in the cake and the booze all blend brilliantly.
Well worth the 100 mile round trip to pick up the cake. Thank you Peter and Caroline.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear TWHL324
It was a delight to read your review and to learn that the Christmas cake was just the right balance of all things decadent. Thank you for your beautiful compliments it really does help start a day in a very positive way. Looking forward to seeing you in 2014.
Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Cuan over the weekend and had the most wonderful Christmas food at their Victorian Banquet. I have never stayed in a more friendly establishment!!! We were made to feel really special by all the staff especially the owner Peter who took time to sit and chat with us before and after the meal...can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
TheCuanCoDown, Owner at The Cuan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Patricia M
What a delight to read your wonderful feedback, our 2014 Booklet of Events will provide you with many great reasons to visit us in the incoming year. Enjoy the festive season!
Many thanks for taking the time to do the review Patricia M.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Staff are lovely, Rooms are spacious and lots of light, lovely to wake up in, a generally nice place, love seeing you's two at pumpkinfest also, the most amazing pumpkin soap IN THE WORLD! Also Caroline is so nice, she offered to make me a fruit smoothie, and peters food is yummy scrummy! :-) love the Cuan, an amazing place!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear cara s
Many thanks for your delightful feedback, i hope you find many great reasons to visit us at The Cuan in 2014!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was our 3rd stay at the cuan !!!! unfortuantly it will be our last. Food was just about average.Also after dinner my husband got me a drink at the bar it was 10.30pm. Just as i was about to sit back and enjoy my drink with my husband a member of staff started to hover about. I asked if we where keeping her back and she said , you can finish your drink. I was going to have another drink but didnt bother as we had to rush the first one. We felt as if we had to retire to our room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear elaine m
I am very sorry that you were disappointed on this visit to The Cuan. I do apologize for the sense of being rushed, it should not have happened. I am not sure what combination of events came to bear but I will be looking in to it.
yours sincerely