If you are in the Mendoza area, I highly recommend taking a break from visiting wineries, and spending a day or two at this estancia. This ranch is owned by the Palma family and right from pick-up, they all make you feel like family. A huge thank-you to Paula, Leo and Tina for making our stay memorable. It was definitely one of the highlights of our Chile/Argentina trip!
We stayed for one night with 2 other couples in one of the two houses. Rooms were private complete with our own bathrooms. We went horseback riding the day we arrived and my husband went fly fishing. We had grilled meats for lunch and appetizers/crepes for dinner. Food and wine were all divine!
Scenery during the day was breathtaking, and the stars at night were out of this world. I don’t normally like going back to places I’ve already visited, but the Estancia was a great find!
Here are some notes if you plan on staying here:
- we paid 50% up front via wire transfer to a bank account in the USA
- you are sent a map to a meeting place where you can leave your car (you park your car at a school and the people who work there look after it for you)
- someone from the Palma family meets you at the meeting place and then drives you up to the ranch in a 4x4 (you cannot navigate the dirt roads in a normal car)
Highly recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privacy, warmth, tradition, nature, peace, adventure and entertainment live in harmony with nature in 3000 hectares of this fabulous land. Rancho ´e Cuero, which has belonged to the Palma family for more than 200 years, opens it´s doors to fulfill the most demanding visitor’s needs offering the most exclusive personalized attention.Enjoy our traditional argentinian barbecue and outdoor activities such as horseback riding, trekking, trout fishing and 4x4 excursions or just relax in this fascinating setting in the heart of the Andes mountains, home to diverse number of flora and fauna species such as guanacos, condors, foxes, hares and an amazing variety of birds. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Estancia Rancho 'e Cuero Tupungato, Argentina - Province Of Mendoza