My husband and I have been to Lefay the past 2 autumns and will return again this fall. A mind/body "tune-up" is a great way for us to kick-off a 3 to 4 week tour of Italy.
The owners, management and staff of this spa resort aim for a very high standard of service and hospitality --- and achieve it.
Great consideration has clearly gone into every aspect of the property including its construction. In fact, the design and execution of the building(s) is both an achievement and a highlight. It is stylishly 'modern' but sensitive to its surroundings and where possible --- and to a high degree --- environmentally conscious in its use of sustainable materials. This, combined with its position on a hilltop creates a dramatic setting with stunning views of Lago di Garda and surrounding mountains.
The location is in a lesser tourist-frequented area of Garda and worth the slight detour. It is private and substantial property. There are a variety of great --- and vigorous --- hiking trails that lead from the hotel with some culminating at the most extraordinary belvedere's/mountain tops. Bring hiking shoes!
At its heart, Lefay is a Spa --- a serious one. The actual Spa facilities are superb and beautifully executed with 5+types of sauna/steam room --- including our favourite made from olive wood. The Spa services themselves are professional and therapeutic and my husband remarked he had the best therapeutic massages of his life from "Fernando" (and he's had 100's).
As others have noted the entire property, rooms and facilities are kept immaculately clean. The rooms themselves are large with very comfortable beds and great baths. We prefer the lower rooms with terraces overlooking the Lake (the upper rooms have balconies).
Food selection and quality range from very good to excellent and they have a very good wine cellar (it is an Italian spa after all). We chose to have a meal plan and overall value was high.
Both the general manager and a member of the owning family are seemingly always on property and ever vigilant. They are approachable and gracious with any requests or problems. We look forward to our return this fall!
Lastly, one Trip Advisor member posted a comment titled "Arrogant" to lament about being denied access to LeFay to "check it out". How is this a review and why would Trip Advisor allow the resort's average rating to be undermined this way? Coincidentally, my husband and I once popped down to the Villa Feltrinelli (where the reviewer was staying) and were also denied entry, but we would not for a moment have the temerity to denigrate on Trip Advisor that superb hotel simply because of their no visitor policy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lefay Resort & SPA Lago di Garda is located in Gargnano, one of the most picturesque villages on the lake. The Resort, the first to be awarded the prestigious 5-star superior rating on Lake Garda, is situated inside an 11 hectares natural park in the heart of the spectacular and renowned "Riviera dei Limoni", surrounded by gentle hills and natural terraces rich in olive trees and woods overlooking the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lefay Resort & Spa Lago di Garda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lefay Resort And Spa Lago Di Garda Hotel Gargnano
- Lefay Hotel Gargnano
- Lefay Resort & Spa Lago Di Garda Lake Garda/Gargnano, Italy