“Beautiful Food & fantastic staff”
Review of Lido

Lido
Ranked #8 of 38 Restaurants in Gargnano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Food & fantastic staff”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by our B&B and ate there twice during our stay in Italy - I can honestly say the food we had here was the best we had during our whole holiday in Italy. It rare that we go back to the same restaurant twice as we like to try as many new places as possible - but we do make some exceptions when the food is so good we want to try more! The menu is in Italian but the owner will translate it for you and offers helpful suggestions. On our first visit I had the pumpkin ravioli which was gorgeous, and the second night I had the spaghetti with pesto - so simple but beautiful and tasty. We also shared the beef carpaccio which was probably the best carpaccio I have ever tasted. Plus they had a gorgeous chocolate cake with pears in - my husband ordered this but after one taste I finished it! The staff are so attentive and helpful. I couldn't recommend this restaurant enough - please go and see for yourself how good it is! For the quality of the food and service we thought it was good value for money.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Claire S

Baden, Switzerland
“Fine dining in relaxed lake setting”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a great lunch a few days before easter. Not too much happening was at the lake and the balcony of the restaurant was at the mid-week day not fully booked. The food we experienced was delicious, fresh and tasty. The bright light remembered at ocean beach locations.
Please be aware that this is not necessarily a "cheap-eat", also with house wine not under 15 Euro per bottle.

For kids the next door "beach" can be recommended for climbing on rocks and throwing some pebbles into the water (provided, the beach is not packed).

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Italian Food Heaven”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and i stumbled upon this fabulous place and feel it is the best food we have ever had in Italy. Basic italian classics are incredibly well prepared and taste wonderful. The beef carpaccio melted in the mouth and the pumpkin ravioli is worth going back for again and again. Adriano is the welcoming owner, nothing was too troublesome for him to arrange. This restaurant is thoroughly recommended, reasonably priced and serves wonderfully simple dishes. Bellissimo!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Gavin B
Europe
“The best suprise of our holiday”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

By accident we came to the restaurant Lido for lunch and were totally overwhelmed. A nice cool terrace under the olive trees and bougainville with a beautiful sight over the Lago di Garda. The food was excellent and probably the best we had this holiday. Fresh, tasteful and homemade. Mr Gramatica was very helpful and recommended a lovely rose wine to go with our dish. A lunch we will not forget soon.

• Visited July 2013
“As close as they come to perfection”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Rarely do I give 24 out of 25 but thin place is a MUST. Forget that the prices are so cheap it makes you wonder how good can it be,but it is. Right on the lake family run with fantastic service and food. When looking at the menu I couldn't believe my eyes as it was as close to free as you can get. The pasta was incredible and the meat and fish very good. If your looking for la laid back local place with just plain great food you have found it. I highly recommend you try this restaurant your pallet and wallet will be very happy

• Visited August 2013