Hotel Garni Riviera
US$152
US$118
  • Pool
US$408
Hotel Gardenia al Lago(Gargnano)
US$126
Hotel du Lac(Gargnano)
US$158
US$150
Official Site
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsper daysmall villagecovered terracea lot of noiserestaurants and barsceiling fanfirst floorgianfrancolakeedgeviews
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had knowingly booked perhaps the worst room in the hotel. I was at a conference and only wanted somewhere clean to sleep, convenient for the venue and not too expensive - but I found a gem! The owner made me very welcome from the moment I walked through the door, the room was much better than expected (even though it didn't have a view - something I knew about in advance - hence the price) and the breakfast was really good and served on perhaps the most spectacular balcony in Gargnano. My only regret is that I wasn't staying longer! If I return to Gargnano - as I really hope I will - I will go back to this hotel and pay for a room with a lake view (I understand it is superb) and make sure I have the time to enjoy it!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a room with a lake view - and make the time to enjoy it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
RivieraOK, Owner at Hotel Garni Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Jane,
thanks a lot for your kind review. We hope to welcome you again, in the future, to try our Limone Superior lakeview rooms which, I should not say this but you are right, are really nice.....

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed with friends who had a room here the first day I was in Gargnano, but then had to move on to my pre-arranged lodgings in the Casa Bertollini. I would have loved to spend my whole stay here and actually to have stayed forever! John, the proprietor is one of the kindest and most helpful people I have ever met. The hotel is very attractive and includes an internet cafe. The room was nice, with all the amenities one would want and a fabulous view of Lake Garda.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
RivieraOK, Owner at Hotel Garni Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,
your review , especially because it was made after only one stay fill us with pride and gives us a boost to improve. Thank you to find the time to write on us.
We warmly hope to have the chance to welcome you in a future ( with a longer stay, of course...)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great location in a small, peaceful village by the lake. Unspoiled. The owner who speaks perfect English could not have been more helpful. The room was comfortable and the whole stay (4 nights) was lovely. A gem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
RivieraOK, Owner at Hotel Garni Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Michael,
the satisfaction of our guests is our goal. We are glad that you enjoyed our house and Gargnano, which is really one of those little, cozy places that everybody likes. We hope to see you or some of your friends, in the future... Saluti da Gargnano

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel is really nice and the owner so nice. He speaks excellent english and loves to make the guests feel at home. Although the hotel is old and is right on the lake and in the middle of the village, which is very small. The views of snow capped mountains are spectacular. The town is sparkling clean, a pity we stayed only one night. There are only one room with views, which is great pity. The wi-fi is free and they have a little bar/internet cafe that is lovely to sit and chat in. I stay there again, gladly. The breakfast is really nice, excellent coffee and can sit on the veranda with views of the lake.

Room Tip: Only one (or two) rooms with a view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia S
RivieraOK, Owner at Hotel Garni Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Patricia,
thank you for the nice report. We are happy that you felt at your ease, by our house.....
We hope to have the chance to welcome you again.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Me and my husband stayed at the hotel
for 4 nights in July. We stayed in the best room in the hotel, room 22 which had a balcony that has beautiful views of Lake Garda and Gargnano. It was superb, we enjoyed sitting on the balcony on an evening enjoying the views. (The only room with a balcony). This was a fantastic hotel especially as its 2 star.
The room itself was large with a tv, desk, plenty of space to store your things. The bathroom had a great shower and side window.
The room itself had double doors that lead to the balcony and two other double windows that open. The room also had a ceiling fan, which needed to be faster to work well. Ideally air conditioning would be best in the rooms to cope with heat. It was 34 degrees when we were in Gargnano.
The breakfast had a good selection, cornflakes, bread rolls, yoghurt, croissants, tea, coffee etc. It was lovely having breakfast on the hotels terrace with the wonderful viewd if the lske each morning. Shades were on the terrace to keep you cool.
The hosts cannot be faulted, they were wonderful. They were always happy to help and always willing to chat. They provided information on anything we needed restsurants, places to visit, local shops etc.
Gargnano itself is a wonderful place to visit. It has beautiful views of Lake Garda, its not full of tourists, which was ideal. There are lovely cafes to sit and have lunch or dinner and admire the views of the lake, great restsurants too.
To summarise we had a wonderful stsy at the hotel and were looked after by the fantastic hosts. Thankyou

• Stayed: July 2013
Gianfranco S, Owner at Hotel Garni Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Sirs,
your reporton our hotel fill us with satisfation. Unfortunately, you arrived during the hottest days and I can understand that you felt a bit too hot. Well, as we reached the maximun allowed electricity power, (so we cannot have AC), I will switch the ceiling fan to the higher speed.....
Thanks again.... hope to welcome you again....