We stayed at Piantelle in one of the campsite's own Aurora cabins in mid-June 2012 with our children aged 2 and 4 and enjoyed it so much we plan to go back next year. The kids loved the small lake beach (pebbles, not sand), but enjoyed swimming mostly in the pools - a toddler's pool and a larger swimming pool, both clean, well-maintained and well-managed, with a lifeguard on duty. The site is a comfortable size, pools and beach only a few minutes walk in opposite directions from the restaurant/shop (which our cabin was near), has a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere, and is very good value for money.
The small shop has the staples, including good bread in the morning, but don't rely on it for all your needs - as other reviews point out, there are supermarkets close by (but they do have a good supply of water toys etc, so no need to cart them in). The restaurant has good pizzas, chips, fish at reasonable prices.
The staff are great - very helpful and friendly, very tolerant of monolingual or barely bilingual guests, and very happy to help their younger visitors. The cabin was clean and comfortable, airconditioning effective and reliable, lots of shade around, with a nice deck - maybe it was the early summer timing, but we had no problems with mozzies. The kids entertainment for the season started on our last night and was a big hit, with an enthusiastic and very child-friendly cast, no doubt a welcome addition in season.
Overall, highly recommended for families with young children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Camping Piantelle has been in the Cavazza family for three generations. It started out as a farm, mainly making olive oil. While the olive trees are still here, the tractors and animals that used to roam the fields have long gone. We became a campsite in 1964 and since then thousands of guests have had happy holidays here. Today tourism is our main priority, however we still respect the land as much as we did in the past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Piantelle Camping reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Piantelle Camping Hotel Moniga Del Garda
- Piantelle Camping Lake Garda/Moniga Del Garda, Italy