All reviews mobile home small shop shop on site canvas holidays pizza bar restaurant mid june swimming pool lake garda great site mini club only drawback kids enjoyed the entertainment large caravan fantastic kids club touring pitches family run
Reviewed 12 April 2018

This is a large camping place directly by the sea on a steepish hillside. It offers excellent services and people there have a real service attitude.

For children there is not only one, but several things to play with. Restaurant, small shop, rental bikes, swimming pool and such make it a luxurious in amenities. But what really topped it off was the fact that they actually have sauna. A real sauna. It was great to have it after a few months on missing sauna. If you have never tried, you should. So clensing and relaxing.

The only downside is the advertised free internet. It doesn't cover every place or even every pitch. So if you need internet you should check that the booth has coverage. Sadly this isn't easy until you're there. The WIFI is the part that works better, however, than the broadband part, as that relies on radiowaves and thus when it's bad weather (and people could find it nice to use internet) it works the worst. Even at it's peak on off-season and fair weather it isn't good enough for remote working. You can read emails and such, possibly. But the staff is aware and is aiming to improve the situation.

I really hope we'll find time to visit Piantelle again in autumn.

Room Tip: XL Lot 301 doesn't have any WIFI
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Giuliana C, Direttore at Piantelle Camping, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hello Multis,

I thanked you directly for this review, however I wanted to update you: we have decided to install Fibre connection to Piantelle with a dedicated 100Mb traffic. Next time you are here I believe you will see a noticeable difference for the small nominal fee you suggested.

Free Internet remains as is. However for those like you who need more data we now have an option for them.

Thanks for helping us improve.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Just before we set off on the long drive with our caravan to Piantelle, my husband usually utters the words, ‘I think we’ll try somewhere else next year’, (he’s actually said this for the last 7 years). however, he always visits reception before we leave to book again for the following year. The reason for this is that we love everything about the place, the location, the huge xxl pitches, the wonderful owners, the warm welcome from all the staff, (who are there year after year, which I believe speaks volumes, if the staff love what they do, they’ll look after the place and the guests). There is a fabulous restaurant and it’s managers and staff are so lovely, we’ve spent many an evening calling for a ‘quick’ drink on our way back up from the lake and found ourselves still there at dinner time and beyond! The only HUGE negative for us, is leaving at the end of our holiday, 3 weeks is never enough! In the words of Arnie..... We’ll be back... (Note to self- I really must stop recommending this place to others, or we might struggle to get our booking one day!) ;-)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank hoylek
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I booked this campsite a few days before arriving in Italy from UK as I decided I wanted to definitely stay ON the lakeside. We paid extra for the lakeside pitch and it didn't disappoint. The services at the campsite are great and there is a pool - it was a bit too cold though for that! We didn't try the restaurant as we cooked by our van but it looked busy. The location was the main bit for us and gave us such peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Choose lakeside!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Portia K
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Nice small, well kept clean site. We had just over a week here (2 old people, one daughter and 2 grand-daughter 5 and 10) Very pleased with the unit and large pitch. Kids loved the playground and pool, we loved the proximity to the lake and the ferry.
My only issues with the site were the pool and the entertainment. It's a small site with a correspondingly sized pool. If management feels it necessary to plaster signs around advising that towels will be removed if left on sunbeds while the owners push off for lunch or whatever then enforce that rule. If there are signs saying that ball games, large inflatables and lilos are not allowed in the water then enforce those rules. When you're travelling with young kids you don't want them restricted to the middle of the pool as boys (and men) are flinging themselves off the edge into the water. There was a pool attendant there much of the time but what the point of him was I'm not sure. Other reviews praise the entertainers but my two lost interest quickly, it did seem half hearted at times with the entertainers more interested in frolicking amongst themselves. As I suggested in the title it could be the staff were
demob happy, we mentioned our concerns about the pool to our holiday firm reps and at reception. Both expressed shock but nothing changed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Cant fault the location, easy to find, easy to access and with a large caravan an XXL pitch which was fantastic. great facilities and clean showers and toilets. The pool was slightly overcrowded and was disappointed there were so many teenagers running around diving on people and launching footballs across the pool to each other without the lifeguards saying anything and with a little one I found this dangerous. The campsite shop was pointless with bare minimal stock, but the supermarket nearby was great. The restaurant was also great and the takeaway pizza's were amazing!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family