“Lovely hotel with great staff”

Esplanade Hotel Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Minusio
ireland
“Lovely hotel with great staff”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

A 3 night break at the esplanade was just perfect , we stayed in room 418 , a nice room with a fantastic view, although the bathroom was tiny. The food at this hotel is exceptional and very well presented. Rafaele and the dining room staff were some of the most efficient and friendly people we have encountered at any hotel lately. This together with the check-in helped make this a great short break. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and we would love to stay during the summer when the pool is open. Stay at this hotel and take the half board option!

Room Tip: Book a top floor room with a view you will not regret it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank micke1
Tessalgroup, Manager at Esplanade Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time sharing your comments and thoughts concerning your stay.
We are honored to read that you had a good time here with us and that we have been able to fulfill your expectations. We hope you do not only spread the news but also return again in the near future.
Best regards from Ticino

Member of Private Selection Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Locarno, Switzerland
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I ask My daughter to book me a Hotel for a night at Locarno in Switzerland in a nice 4 Stars Hotel, she did it, but she made a mistake a book me for for one day after, but when I got there there was a super nice and kind young lady, she fix everything in a nanosecond and the result was a really nice stay for two wonderful nights, breakfast was great, much more better than lots of 4 stars hotel I been, I Give 5 stars for breakfast lunch and dinner and customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Venezolano72
Tessalgroup, Manager at Esplanade Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic feedback. It is a great satisfaction for us to read that you spent such a wonderful time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you soon back at the Esplanade Hotel Resort & Spa.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 October 2013

When we took an unexpected detour on our family holiday travelling to Locarno for the first time after an extended period in Italy, I told my husband to book us into the Westin or equivalent hotel at the end of our holiday as a treat. He informed me that in Locarno and this area of Switzerland "these type of hotels don't exist", but, "trust me you will like this place .... " (in these matters I don't often trust my husband - but having never been to Switzerland before and on holiday I just ran with it giving him the benefit of the doubt as he travels to this area regularly for work). After our two-night stay at the Esplanade hotel I can say I am glad that we took my husbands advice.

The experience started on Wednesday night when he called and explained that he stayed at the hotel regularly and wanted to stay in a larger room with his family including his 4 year old son, the response was warm yet efficient - we can arrange you a lake view room - we have your details on file to there is no need to provide any other information, and we look forward to seeing you again and meeting your family. We arrived on Thursday night my Husband was welcomed like a member of the family and check in was instantaneous my Son was handed and apple and we were ushered up to our room, where the beds were already set up for a toddler and two adults and on the bed for my Son was a small mouse - there was also a plate of fresh and dried fruit which made his afternoon. The room was immaculate with plenty of storage room and a pretty spectacular view.

Later that evening when we called down to arrange some dine in food for our son - they already had my husbands regular meal handy (its always the small things for both business and family travelers) - the food was with us in 20mins and just good basic well prepared food (again a blessing for a family and business traveller). The next morning when we went down for breakfast (included in the room rate) we were greeted by the very friendly staff at both the front desk and in the dinning room - the staff stopped to talk to my husband and great my son discussing our holiday and plans for the day- the were prompt to offer up coffee (the elixir of life for all parents) and subtly check in for refills and to confirm. The breakfast was again just basic good quality food well executed and unlike major chain hotels i was not left facing empty serving trays yet to be refilled and dried cheese and meats and dirty serving areas ...

The service and interactions with all staff members were warm and authentic, the service was all about getting the simple things right and consistently delivering well thought out service to their guests. The staff were armed with what is perhaps the most important ingredient in services, common sense, something that has been sorely lacking on some of our recent travels.

Thank you Hotel Esplanade for getting the simple things right and delivering an experience that far exceeded my expectations you reminded me that books are about far more than there covers...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Biztrav20092013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic feedback. It is a great pleasure for us to read that you spent such a wonderful time with us and that we exceeded your expectations.

We hope you had a good trip back home and we look forward to welcoming you soon back at the Esplanade Hotel Resort & Spa.

Lausanne
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We had a very nice stay at this hotel. The style of the building and the surroudings is nice. The ammenities are great : spa, heated swimming pool, ... The staff was really friendly. Breakfast was also good. Rooms and corridors are disapointing in term of style and warmth. Very 80's without charm. Perhaps it suits the old (swiss-)german customers which are the more numerous. For me, they should have gone either with a Belle Epoque style to suit the building or with a totally up to date modern design.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your kind feedback and for having taken the time to write a comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to read that you spent a great time with us.

It is very important for us to receive feedback from our guests in order to improve our services and product constantly. Your remarks will be taken into consideration.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed for one night and had a great time. The rooms were very clean and in great shape. We had dinner at hotel's restaurant and everything was excellent. We thought the breakfast that included was really nice and good quality. We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again if we are in the area!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shellybells7
Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you soon back at the Esplanade Hotel Resort & Spa.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 11 September 2013

A decent hotel, well maintained but old fashioned - or better stated, typical swiss. The rooms are well renovated and have good bathrooms. The beds however are very hard. The bar is nice and has a good terrace with great views. The breakfast offering, whilst extensive, is not of great quality. Staff is very professional and friendly. The reception staff in particular. Free wifi, free parking and free use of e-bikes - all good. Can recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your kind feedback and for having taken the time to write a comment on TripAdvisor. It is very important for us to receive feedback from our guests in order to improve our services and product constantly.
We are happy to read that you spent a great time with us.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stayed a long weekend at the Esplanade Hotel in early July this year. It's an incredibly charming hotel with real character. The staff are all amazing with a very personal approach to the guests, making the stay more enjoyable. Above and beyond the great and relaxing stay at the Esplanade, their service after my visit made me love this hotel even more. They posted my salami and my ring (which I had forgotten in the hotel room) back to me within a day. Truly outstanding and a really caring attitude towards their guests. I will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Monimonster
Tessalgroup, Manager at Esplanade Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. It is a great pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the Esplanade Hotel Resort & Spa in the near future.

Kind regards,

Member of Private Selection Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minusio
Boutique-Hotel Remorino
#4 of 32 in Ascona
Giardino Ascona
Giardino Ascona
#3 of 32 in Ascona

Been to Esplanade Hotel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!