The hotel is right on the lake and we had lovely views from our room which was very comfortable with a spotless, though quite small, bathroom. The terrace with sunbeds was a lovely spot to relax in and the restaurant area for breakfast and dinner was perfect. Breakfast was very good as was the dinner we had on one evening of our 2 night stay. Initially we thought dinner was quite expensive but in fact by comparison with one of the local restaurants in the town which we ate in the second evening, the food was excellent and better value for money. There are plenty of other eating options but had we stayed longer, we would almost certainly have eaten in the hotel again.
It is a two minute walk to the ferry stop for boats to all parts of the Lake and there is a secure parking area which is a boon as the public parking is a bit of a nightmare. We found the staff friendly and helpful and very willing to accommodate my pretty poor attempts to practise my Italian. As another reviewer has said, Argegno was a bit quieter than the bigger lake towns and if we return to Lake Como we would happily stay at the Belvedere again. It is not a particularly cheap hotel but it is very pleasant and reasonable value in a pretty expensive corner of Italy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is set among blue waters and colourful mountainsHotel Villa Belvedere stands there as if seeking to dominate the lake, like a prima donna on show in all her beauty at a point were a number of pleasing landscapes meet in a play of colours that change and develop over the course of the day. It is set among blue waters whose movement creates shifts in colour that transform the nature that surrounds them. In its own inimitable style plays host to its guests in what seems like its own microcosm of refined hospitality.The RoomsThe bedrooms are little oases of culture within which guests can breathe in the typical atmosphere associated with literary coffee culture. The 18 bedrooms are a perfect synthesis of those features that go to make up refined elegance. Some of them have been completely renewed while others retain the clear mark of history. These are the ideal nest for lovers of the lake, with those perched above the water enjoying views of a constantly changing landscape with the rising of the sun, the shifting colours and the arrival of night and its discreet sparkling lights. For those who love the mountains, some of the rooms provide fine views of the verdant peaks of Valle d’Intelvi. There are also sophisticated family rooms with triple rooms and rooms with four beds. The RestaurantThere is a whole lot that is new here and a menu that also brings back the fine wine and cuisine of the area. There are some truly superlative dishes created using essentially simple combinations. The menu has both fish and meat for dishes that are innovative without straying outside the traditions of Italian cooking and the excellence of Mediterranean culture. For those who love sunsets and evenings on the shores of the lake there is also a bar that offers both aperitifs and after dinner drinks, with a range of specialist spirits available. In the summer guests can take lunch or dine in the evenings outdoors on the terrace that overlooks the lake with its delightful views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Belvedere - Como Hotel Argegno
- Hotel Belvedere Como
- Boutique Hotel Belvedere Como
- Villa Belvedere Lake Como/Argegno, Italy