“Definitely worth a stopover!”
Review of Seven Park Hotel

Seven Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Colico
Moscow, Russia
“Definitely worth a stopover!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Brand new hotel designed in modern style right on the shore of the lake. Apparently, it had only recently been opened when we stayed there. For one night we paid 270 Euro (breakfast included). The room was clean and nice, but definitely some extra space would be a great benefit. As it was, the room was smallish. There are extensive open grounds, but I haven’t noticed pathways for a leisurely stroll.
In general, we got a positive impression of the hotel, however some aspects were in need of improvement.
First of all, the check-out time was 10 a.m.! I hope they changed it for at least 11 a.m.
Then, after having dinner at the restaurant it turned out that they can not charge the room and I have to settle the restaurant bill on the spot. I had to go to the room to fetch the card. As our room was at the end of the wing it was extremely frustrating. The explanation we received was that the hotel and the restaurant are two separate companies and the restaurant is just renting space and kitchen at the hotel.
As to the dinner itself we had two-course dinner for only 64 Euro (drinks excluded), which was a good value for money.
The last disappointing thing worth mentioning was the breakfast. It was perplexedly so poor that literally there was nothing to eat.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank elena076

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Belfort, France
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Very modern hotel with an awesome view of the lake of como and surroundings. The bed was firm and i spent 3 real good nights. I was by the end of October. Unfortunatelly the weather was cloudly and rainny. However I had a good time. The owner is friendly and nice, as well as the personel at the reception desk. The breakfast is good, and you can order at your convenience your kind of eggs. The only missing thing was an indoor swimming pool, even if the spa is amazing and incredibly nice. I advice you to stay at this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TryNewThingsAnytime
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

While in Colico on business I found the Seven Park hotel to be just perfect with a modern look, tastefully decorated with great service and facilities.
The staff spoke good English and were very friendly and helpful. The good sized room was immaculately clean, great internet facilities and set in an amazing location with breath taking mountain views. The owner Roberto takes great pride in the hotel which is well justified.
The food was first class with a good selection of wines.
All in all a this is a very welcoming comfortable and friendly hotel.

I will certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are a good size and some have adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Perth
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is the best hotel in Colico. It has an elegant modern Italian style. The surrounding view of the mountains is breathe taking. Outside each room is your own outdoor setting to relax. The breakfast is delicious and you can order your eggs to your preference. Loved the snacks that came free with the predinner drinks. The pool was refreshing and very clean. I sent a picture of myself with the swimming cap you need to wear to friends to give them a laugh. The hotel is situated right on Lake Como. We drove around the lake stopping at the many interesting villages. We we took a short trip to St Moritz. There is a train in Colico that can get you to other cities in Italy for day trips. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed September 2013
Lillehammer, Norway
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We arrived at the hotel with high expectations because of the pictures and the price. First of all, after being there for about 1 minute, I backed into a very poorly placed metal flower pot and put a huge dent in my car. According to the "pool boy" that works there, I am not the first one to have done this. So the stay got off to a bad start. Then we check in, and we get bracelets that we must have on the entire time. I'm not sure why, because we never used them for anything. Also, there are 2 pools. Unfortunately, I only got to try one, because one of the pools (the one with lounge chairs and places to sit) is reserved for gold bracelets only. I only had a silver bracelet!!!! Eeeek!!! The worst thing of all was that when we came to the room there were 5 pages of rules and regulations that we had to read through and abide by! For example, you have to wear bathing caps when swimming in the pool! According to the gimpy legged "pool boss" (that follows you around everywhere in the pool area and asks you if things are ok), this is regulated by the municipality. Haha. What a load of crap. I see that some people have commented here that the bracelets are a way of keeping non-guests out. We would have been fine with that, except it seems to me that they have also succeeded in keeping GUESTS out!! It is not possible to go from the hotel through the pool area and down to the lake without going around the entire hotel! There are "no entry" signs and barriers everywhere! Why not create a gate for guests that works with an entry card??? So despite the fact that this hotel is new, I would not recommend staying here!!! It's more like a prison than a hotel!!! Plus, the rooms are small. So please, stay away from this place like the plague!!! I NEVER write such long reviews for hotels, but for this one I felt like I had to warn people! This place sucks!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank RAF688

Travellers are raving about these Colico hotels

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We are a family of five that wanted to stay near a kitesurfing school (414 Kiting) in Gera Lario. We found this hotel on the internet and booked. On arrival there are a couple of things that are worrying such as having to wear wristbands and no-entry signs everywhere. However it's clear that the owner is actually worried about people outside the hotel coming on to the property (it's right next to a public beach) and that's why they do it. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel style is modern and well maintained. The staff are friendly. We like it here and it's likely we would come back. The pool is delightful and the restaurant serves tasty food. The town centre is within easy walking distance and so if you don't like the food you can walk into town. I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool side with a small terrace, they are definitely the best rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank riaclarke
Aubiere, France
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Brand new, spotlessly clean hotel in an amazing location.The owner, Roberto, was very welcoming and friendly.Our room was in a corner and had a patio with a fantastic view of the lake. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept like babies!

The staff, who spoke good English, were helpful with suggestions of places to visit. Don't miss the Villa Balbianello.

The lovely pool was 25 metres long, it was almost like swimming in the lake!I loved the sauna and the scented showers in the spa.

Our week's holiday went very fast and we'd love to go back!

Grazie, Roberto!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank siamese63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colico
Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior
Grand Hotel Tremezzo
Grand Hotel Tremezzo
#3 of 8 in Tremezzina
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni

Been to Seven Park Hotel? Share your experiences!