“Great value family run hotel!”

Hotel San Marino - Laglio
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Laglio
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great value family room ( kids bunk bed room very small). Email direct for better prices from Fabio than paying commission from booking sites. Lake view room had balcony looking over lake which was wonderful, so could enjoy drinks whilst the kids finally settled down! Pool was perfect for the kids.position was great for travel to Menaggio, for boat bus to Bellagio and lunch at Billacus, which was amazing. Then 2 hours speed boat hire at AC boats for €135 which was worth every penny!Hotel restaurant terrace overlooking lake was great value and food very reasonable, pizzas and pasta were very good! This is a simple family run hotel with no frills but very easy ambience and really good value for Lake Como.

Room Tip: Lake view is well worth it
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Amazing views from our balcony....The owners are super nice & accommodating!!- Breakfast was also very good...Simple, needs a little freshen up but is a great place to stay!!
Free Parking & Free WIFI. Yes!! Really Nice!!

Room Tip: Must ask for Lake View!!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Perfect situation to appreciate the spectacular Lake .Midway position ideal for visiting the lakeside towns and Tourist attractions.Hotel owners most welcoming and assisting , nothing to much trouble Very good variety of menu cooked perfectly at sensible prices and the wine list also .Delightful refurbished room with stunning views.,adequate car parking. RECOMMEND HIGHLY.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ANTHONY G
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This lovely hotel may be a little "tired" around the edges but everything is spotless and the staff are just wonderful. The food in the restaurant is very, very good. Breakfast is very simple but no better or worse than anywhere else we've stayed on this trip through Europe. The view of Lake Como from our room was breathtaking. The garden area and pool area are very good. We would come back here in a heartbeat!! That's if they'll have us - we left with our room key by mistake!! Hope all's well though because we posted it back to them from Verona!!

Room Tip: Rooms with lake view are wonderful but there is a bit of traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel was recommended by friends and a colleague who was a bank manager. They had no issues like the ones I've read about this year - nor did I. I can't understand what some people were thinking when they wrote their reviews. This accommodation may not be 5 star, but it is comfortable, clean and very good value as it includes breakfast and I paid for half board, which includes dinner option. There was plenty to eat for breakfast which kept me going until lunch time. I didn't have a problem with the location - I want to be away from towns and relax in the evening, with good food and a nice drink. There was plenty of menu choice, bigger portions than I usually eat and the drinks were not expensive. I was in a room on the roadside but didn't hear any noise from traffic.Transport was outside the door and a short ride to town or along the lake to other locations. I never experienced the owners being anything but friendly and courteous. I most certainly would stay there again and have recommended others to stay also. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank adsbaruf
Reviewed 3 November 2013

.....this hotel is aged and in bad need of refurbishment...we loved the views of lago di como but our room was dull and uninteresting......we ate in the restaurant (pizza) and thought that the food was fine,the wine was another good point.....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank billyfaekillie
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My friend and I were given a pokey little room on the first floor facing the busy main road. Everyone else in the touring party had far bigger rooms on the third floor. When we asked for a room change after being woken by traffic at 4am two mornings in a row, we were treated like criminals. Although the shower was in a bath with a high step into, no floor mat was provided, and as my companion is 77, stepping from a bath onto a bare tiled floor with wet feet was a concern for both of us. Light switches not working, dirty floors, cranky owner... AND, to add insult to injury, we were accused of stealing food from the breakfast provided.
My advise would be DON'T BOTHER...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frances R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laglio
B&B Hotel Como
#4 of 5 in Cadenabbia di Griante
Mirabeau
Mirabeau
#1 of 1 in Civenna

Been to Hotel San Marino - Laglio? Share your experiences!