“Thoroughly recommended!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Lezzeno B&B and Inns
France
“Thoroughly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed here with a friend for two nights and everything was perfect. We had a twin room with a balcony right on the lake. Incredibly clean, fantastic location and really comfortable. The hosts are generous and helpful and I would come back again with pleasure. I wish them all the best!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

This is a very late review. I feel awful since I base all my decisions off these reviews.
But my husband and I spent only 2 nights here and it was the most beautiful place we both have ever stayed at. We wish we had stayed longer. The hospitality was above and beyond. The owner recommended a local restaurant a few blocks away (can't remember the name) but they cook only what they catch in the lake. I have to say it was the BEST meal we had during our entire trip to Italy. Whenever we go back, you better believe we are going back to Lake Como and Back to this amazing B&B!!!
We are a couple in our late 20's.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlishaFitz925
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

From the first email until leaving the B&B Tino was a pleasure to deal with. We (2 couples) received a lovely welcome from Tino and Raffa on arrival and were offered a refreshing (and sorely needed) beverage after driving "that road". I can still hear Raffa laughing at the look on our faces as we described our journey. Our room had an amazing view of the lake with a lovely little terrace. Later that evening we went to dinner at Ristorante Aurora a short walk away where the food was fantastic and very affordable. The next morning we awoke to find a self serve buffet with everything you could possible wish for down on the main balcony by the lake. I have no hesitation in recommending this B&B, Tito and Raffa are warm, friendly and have a great sense of humour. We can't wait to return, next time for longer, to this amazing B&B.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank dnads
hong kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is a long overdue review but I feel that I owe Constantino (the host) at least this much -- however late! -- to show my gratitude for the incredible hospitality he bestowed upon me when I stayed here in April, 2012.

Hospitality -- excellent
I was traveling alone and stayed for one night in Lake Como. I did not have a car, and so getting around took some planning. Constantino helped me plan around the ferry and bus schedules and I was able to maximize my short 24-hour stay and enjoyed an amazing time. He even gave me a ride in his own car when he knew there was no bus available back from Bellagio, so I could catch my train back to Milan. I think he was concerned for me since I was traveling alone. I was so grateful. And appreciated his goal of helping his guests enjoying a good time in his beloved hometown.

In fact, even before I flew to Italy, Constantino took all my calls and responded to my email queries about Lake Como – as you can see, I was a little worried about not having a car and was doing lots of homework! He answered all of my questions and put a rest to my fears.

He and his wife served a nice breakfast spread, and I loved the coffee they served.

Constantino also provided some good recs around Lake Como.

Cleanliness – excellent
It has been over 1 year since I stayed, but I can say that when I was there, this place was SPOTLESS. Especially the bathroom. I could almost “hear” the squeakiness of the bathroom tiles and facilities. I felt like I was in a lab, or some sort of “germ-free” environment. You can tell the couple really care about their property and take pride in keeping it nice.

Conclusion
I have traveled all over the world and have stayed at all types of properties, including luxury ones, and hospitality at Nest on the Lake truly stands out. I think the reasons are due to the owners’ love of their hometown, and dedication to cleanliness (it is seriously clean!) I am really happy to see them rank #1 even after all this time, and wish them the best. I hope to be able to come back to Como one day!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank travelgirlhk
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We began our two week trip to Italy in Lake Como at Nest on the Lake! We arrived at the inn early and were made to feel right at home right away. Tino invited us to have some breakfast and let us set our things in our room. We couldn't have found a better place! After the overnight flight it was nice to relax on the lake laying in the sun, floating on a raft with the swans and kayaking with my husband. We walked along the shore to have a nice lunch later in the day... We had more than a few options within walking distance. Our room was spacious and we left our balcony door open to hear the sound of the water ( about 20 ft away) as we fell asleep. The view from the balcony is just stunning! Tino put us in touch with a lovely local young woman who helped make arrangements at a local church for us to celebrate our 30 year anniversary. The inn is ideally located just a quick ride ( not even 10 minutes) up the road to beautiful Bellagio! Food was great at Ittitourismo restaurant - a very short walk from the inn! Very casual atmosphere, met many other guests at breakfast and enjoying the lake. Would definitely recommend this B&B. Wish I could close my eyes and blink and be back there sipping some Prosecco on the patio!!

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies... Ours was on a lower floor and it was perfect!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MargaretA308
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

This was a last minute stay for us as we decided to drive to Lake Como for the night. I found this on the drive up from the airport. Things I loved. Beautiful view of the lake. B&B is located right on the lake with a small beach area. The owners were warm and hospitable-- exactly what you would expect to find in a B&B. -Breakfast was great. Tons of options from pastries, fruit, cereal, and meat and cheeses. Cozy kitchen/dining room to sit and enjoy or you can sit outside with a view over the lake. - The rooms are very basic. Don't expect any luxury-- it felt more like staying at your grandma's house than a five star hotel. The showers are VERY tiny and limited toiletries provided- be sure to bring your own! -Be sure to get a room with a balcony. There is enough room out there for a table and two chairs and a great place to enjoy a bottle of wine while watching the lake. -This place is tough to find. We had trouble finding it and then finding out the right entrance. There is no formal office or lobby so you have to walk around and find one of the owners who may/may not be home. -This was a great value and if you are looking for something simple, quiet, and cozy-- this is it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellen T
ticozzi, Proprietario at Nest On The Lake, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Buonasera Elen, thanks for your nice review. I'm happy to know that you have enjoyed your short stay at the Nest in october. I have read your review with great pleasure, but I must say that I was a bit confusing in reading the part " it felt more like staying at your grandma's house than a five star hotel"
Unfortunately for us WE ARE NOT A 5 STAR HOTEL, as you have mention, but a simple and modest Bed & Breakfast, (without star, not even one). We are not listed any where as a 5 Star Hotel (and we do not pretend to be) If you look on Trip advisor you will see that we are listed as B&B.
Also because if we wore a 5 Star hotel you wold have pay at list 6 or 7 time what you have pay for one night at the Nest.
Nest on the Lake is then a Bed & Breakfast with only 3 room.
Bred & Breakfast (In Italy) do not have formal office, lobby, restaurant or bar.,for the simple reason that by the Italian low they can not have them. B&B in Italy must be run by the owner of the house, a that have to live in the same house where the business thane place. And they provide a room and the breakfast no more. Our room are centrally simple, but with all the need,
All with balcony, Tv sat, Wifi, fridge, we provide cattle for prepare coffee and tea and coffee bag in each room. So are the bathroom, about 5 sqm, standard box shower 90cm x 90cm, all with hairdryer and a basket with enough bag of shower soap and shampoo for take various shower.
I was also surprise to read about "the owners, that they may/may not be at home" I do not recall that you had to wait for the room. Even if you have book un hour before you made the check.in through booking,
( that was the first time that ad happen to us) to get such a sort notice for a reservation. You did not wait outside, as my wife was at home when you arrived at the Nest and she gave you the room strait away. At the end I'm very sorry to read to know that you thought to have made a reservation in a 5 star hotel and end up in a B&B ( I really wish I was running a 5 star hotel)
I thought that it was right to explain what is Nest on the lake, so that in the future no other gusts will do the same mistake when they will make the booking.
Thanks agin for the review. I wish you all the best.

Kind regards

Costantino
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights from October 12th-13th. The BB was nice and clean. It is located in Lazzeno which is a few kms to Bellagio. A breakfast was good. The owner was very friendly and very helpful. I

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Wareemon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lezzeno
Hotel Villa Aurora
#2 of 8 in Tremezzina
Agriturismo Al-Marnich
Agriturismo Al-Marnich
#1 of 1 in Schignano

Been to Nest On The Lake? Share your experiences!