“Perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Michela

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perledo
Villa Michela
Ranked #5 of 5 Perledo B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

My partner and I stayed with Michela in her beautiful villa on a hillside above Varenna town.
I spent ages on the internet looking for a really nice sounding place to stay, and eventually found Villa Michela.
I thought it sounded perfect and was over the moon when I found that there was a room available for when we were going to be in Italy.
We were not disappointed.
Michela and her beautiful villa, are just lovely.
I said to my partner that her place was SO nice that I wanted to keep it to myself and did not plan to tell anyone about it.
But, I promised lovely Michela, that I would write a comment on Trip Advisor and so, having promised, here it is......
All the other reviews give lots of details and they are all true.
I would recccommend her house to anyone, with hesitation, and the only hesitation is because it, and her, are so good.
We hope to return soon.
Thank you Michela, for a wonderful few days, it just was not enough time.
See you again soon.
Love Mandy and Kevin. x

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mandy_vos

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

During my 4 week trip to Italy, Villa Michela was my absolute favorite place I stayed. After a sudden change of plans, I arrived in Varenna by myself and was fortunately connected with Michela. As a new traveler, I was inexperienced and uncertain, but Michela made me feel completely at home. Thanks to her generous hospitality, Varenna is the only place I visited where I could see myself living some day.

When I first arrived all I had to do was call Michela and she came and drove me to her home up in the hills above Varenna. On maps this may seem far, but it is a pleasant walk from the city proper or a short car ride. The Villa itself is absolutely gorgeous with flowers everywhere and little details that make it feel like home. One of my favorites was the hammock in the backyard; the perfect place for a nap or to simply enjoy the splendid view of Lake Como.

One of the best things that Michela did for me was a tour of Varenna. Getting to know Varenna through a local’s perspective was invaluable, and all of her recommendations were phenomenal. The first night I ate at El Quattro Paso, and had the lobster pasta Michela told me was to die for, and it certainly was! One of the best meals I ate in Italy. I also visited the outdoor bar of Hotel Du Lac, which as Michela promised was the perfect spot to sit with a cold drink and simply enjoy the view, or paint as I did.

Unlike other Bed and breakfasts I stayed at, Michela’s was unique because she really helped me to feel part of the community. Varenna is a very special place not only because of the landscape, but also because of the people. Michela showed me the sense of peace and fulfillment that comes from this combination of caring neighbors and natural beauty. I miss Michela, and can’t wait to go back and visit her!

Thank you for everything Michela! ~Claire

Room Tip: both rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ClairefromWA
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

First, Michela is a delightful hostess and will go out of her way to assure you are taken care of! Whatever you need, she will try to do it for you. My husband and I stayed in all three of her places; the apartment in Varenna, the suite in the B&B on the third floor as well as the apartment off to the side of the B&B. While staying at the B&B, we used the taxi service to get to Varenna and the ferries. We experienced no problems with this as this was one of our concerns. Michela knows many taxi drivers and will call for you if you need one. We loved the suite on the third floor-very roomy, comfortable with a balcony and a view to die for (relax and lay out in a hammock on the balcony made for two)! The third floor suite was our favorite at the B&B but there was something so unique and charming with the apartment in Varenna too! Its right in the town center and you can walk anywhere. I highly recommend you stay with Michela and enjoy the very romantic town of Varenna. I have put a book together of Michela's B&B and apartment. I will try to put a link on this review tomorrow so people interested can see all the photos. Go to: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/1759646/449fb7ad2d7bf07640384cb6eff6d7b5

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TracyC1
Northants
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

As the earlier reviewer so rightly stated, Villa Michela is not in Varenna, but up in the hills in Regoledo. (We found out the hard way after spending 2hours trying to find it by car using a printout of the map from the website) But one phone call to Michela and she came straight away to pick us up, with us then learning how easy it was to get to the Villa from Varenna!

When we got to the Villa we were so pleased with our choice of stay whilst in Italy - Our room had a very unique, homely, welcoming, traditional feel and tying this in with the views from our balcony and Michela's wonderful hospitality, made our stay a very memorable one.

Michela was absolutely brilliant in every possible way. She was part cook, part tour guide but more than anything a fabulous hostess. The Villa itself is set in the most sumptuous of surroundings, with views to die for, simply stunning, with any pictures we took, doing it no justice. The Villa and area has a very peaceful, relaxing and romantic atmosphere and I would recommend anyone to stay at Villa Michela if ever staying in Varenna or anywhere nearby. If I win the EuroMillions tonight then I will almost certainly return. See you soon Villa Michela.

Ciao Ciao

Room Tip: The Suite Room
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Bramic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed up in the Perledo area, just a short firm uphill drive from Varenna.
The Villa was very nice and we felt very welcomed by Michela and her curious lovely dog Oliver. We had the nice suite with big balcony and private bathroom (not ensuite!)
The wine and the candles on our balcony every night made the holiday feeling complete..

Michela took us for breakfast to some lovely places with typical Italian cake and cream. On other days she prepared us a big breakfast with lovely paninis.

Varenna itself is one of the nicest towns on the lake and has a good connection to Menaggio and Bellagio by boat. Train to Milano takes one hour only..

We would love to come back here and would recommend this place to anyone..

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Valencia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

First of all, I should point Villa Michela is NOT in Varenna, but in a little village up on Varenna's mountains (Regoledo). The house's website already says so, but you must be aware you won't be able to go to Varenna on foot. You may take a taxi (about 10 euros), you may take your car or a rental car and drive 5-10 minutes, and the hostess, Michela, offers you a courtesy trip down to Varenna. If you don't mind taking a taxi every time you want to go to Varenna or if you bring a car, this is your house.
This said, our 2 night stay was very nice. When we got there, Michela gave us a tour through Varenna, giving us important and very useful information about where to eat, where to have a cup or a coffee, what to visit...
The Villa was also the place where she lived, so it was very well preserved. The lower floor had a garden where you could find her wonderful dog Oliver, a terrace, a common area with coaches and her private kitchen. The upper floor had 2 rooms: Suite's Room and Violet's Room, and the bathroom belonging to Violet's Room (in a door next to Violet's Room). When you entered the room, you were received by rather old-fashioned but well preserved furnitures, with a bed covered by violet's petals and violet's smell. The room had a balcony with a table and 2 chairs, with views to the lake (not facing it, but you could see quite a part of the lake) and to the mountain. She gave us a bottle of italian red wine as a courtesy welcome gift.
The breakfast we had the first day was delicious, with a cup of coffee and milk and 2 recently home made sandwiches for each one of us with mozzarella, tomato, ham and basil. She also offered to bring some more toasted bread and honey, but we were already full.
The second day she took us with her car to the nearby village called Perledo, showed us the magnificient views of the lake, offered to take us several pictures, bought some cakes, and finally invited ut to have breakfast in the terrace of a bar with views to the lake. What else could you ask for?
The price, though in a beggining seemed a little expensive (100 euro each night for 2 people), was not overpriced after comparing with the hotels around, and if you take into account the tour, the welcome present, and the high quality of the breafkast, I must say it is NOT expensive.
We would definitively recommend this hotel to anyone who comes to Varenna and doesn't mind to take a taxi or brings a car, or just want to stay in a wonderful place in the edge of the world like Regoledo. In case you don't have a car or money to spend with a taxi, then you should also look for the appartment Michela also has in Varenna, and I guess you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Wonderful views, peaceful and quiet at this remote village. Michela was very helpful with everything and enjoyed our company.

Room Tip: Room with larger balcony
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perledo
Hotel Olivedo
#3 of 6 in Varenna
Hotel du Lac
Hotel du Lac
#9 of 10 in Menaggio

Been to Villa Michela? Share your experiences!