“Excellent!”
Review of Villa Michela

Villa Michela
Ranked #4 of 4 Perledo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed at Villa Michela for a couple of nights at the end of August with our three year old daughter. We had a great time! Michela is a perfect hostess and took great care of the three of us. The room and views were just as expected. We warmly recommend Michela's B&B to all.

Reviewed 3 September 2011

I stayed at the villa for 3 nights this summer, and it was the most amazing place I have ever stayed, and Michela is the nicest hotel owner I have ever met. During these three nights we managed to get ourselves lost on a mountain shortcut after which Michela came and rescued us furthermore since there where four of us in a two person room she let us use another empty room, no extra charge! Every morning there was an excellent breakfast prepared by Michela her self! She is not lying about the view either, there is a beautiful view of the the mountains and the lake to be seen from the balcony where there are candles lit nightly. it is fair to say that I strongly recommend staying here for as much time as possible.

1  Thank poetrycat18
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We spent three fantastic nights at Michela's lovely home and we wanted to stay longer. The location is perfect with wonderful views over the lake. The rooms were lovely and evenings were spent sipping wine on our balcony watching the sun set.
Michela is the perfect hostess, providing us with a welcome cooling drink on arrival and a then a glass of wine! Michela's breakfasts are feasts! Enough to set you up for a day's sightseeing and more. Then when you arrive home in the evening the room and the balcony have been prepared for you with twinking night-lights lit.
Nothing is too much trouble for Michela and she really enjoys having guests-she makes sure that everyone is happy and sets a large breakfast table so that you have an opportunity to meet new people and is happy for you to linger over coffee.
We are already planning a date for our return-thank you Michela! xx

Reviewed 1 August 2011

My partner and I stayed with Michela in her beautiful villa on a hillside above Varenna town.
I spent ages on the internet looking for a really nice sounding place to stay, and eventually found Villa Michela.
I thought it sounded perfect and was over the moon when I found that there was a room available for when we were going to be in Italy.
We were not disappointed.
Michela and her beautiful villa, are just lovely.
I said to my partner that her place was SO nice that I wanted to keep it to myself and did not plan to tell anyone about it.
But, I promised lovely Michela, that I would write a comment on Trip Advisor and so, having promised, here it is......
All the other reviews give lots of details and they are all true.
I would recccommend her house to anyone, with hesitation, and the only hesitation is because it, and her, are so good.
We hope to return soon.
Thank you Michela, for a wonderful few days, it just was not enough time.
See you again soon.
Love Mandy and Kevin. x

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mandy_vos
Reviewed 19 July 2011

During my 4 week trip to Italy, Villa Michela was my absolute favorite place I stayed. After a sudden change of plans, I arrived in Varenna by myself and was fortunately connected with Michela. As a new traveler, I was inexperienced and uncertain, but Michela made me feel completely at home. Thanks to her generous hospitality, Varenna is the only place I visited where I could see myself living some day.

When I first arrived all I had to do was call Michela and she came and drove me to her home up in the hills above Varenna. On maps this may seem far, but it is a pleasant walk from the city proper or a short car ride. The Villa itself is absolutely gorgeous with flowers everywhere and little details that make it feel like home. One of my favorites was the hammock in the backyard; the perfect place for a nap or to simply enjoy the splendid view of Lake Como.

One of the best things that Michela did for me was a tour of Varenna. Getting to know Varenna through a local’s perspective was invaluable, and all of her recommendations were phenomenal. The first night I ate at El Quattro Paso, and had the lobster pasta Michela told me was to die for, and it certainly was! One of the best meals I ate in Italy. I also visited the outdoor bar of Hotel Du Lac, which as Michela promised was the perfect spot to sit with a cold drink and simply enjoy the view, or paint as I did.

Unlike other Bed and breakfasts I stayed at, Michela’s was unique because she really helped me to feel part of the community. Varenna is a very special place not only because of the landscape, but also because of the people. Michela showed me the sense of peace and fulfillment that comes from this combination of caring neighbors and natural beauty. I miss Michela, and can’t wait to go back and visit her!

Thank you for everything Michela! ~Claire

Room Tip: both rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ClairefromWA
Reviewed 16 July 2011

First, Michela is a delightful hostess and will go out of her way to assure you are taken care of! Whatever you need, she will try to do it for you. My husband and I stayed in all three of her places; the apartment in Varenna, the suite in the B&B on the third floor as well as the apartment off to the side of the B&B. While staying at the B&B, we used the taxi service to get to Varenna and the ferries. We experienced no problems with this as this was one of our concerns. Michela knows many taxi drivers and will call for you if you need one. We loved the suite on the third floor-very roomy, comfortable with a balcony and a view to die for (relax and lay out in a hammock on the balcony made for two)! The third floor suite was our favorite at the B&B but there was something so unique and charming with the apartment in Varenna too! Its right in the town center and you can walk anywhere. I highly recommend you stay with Michela and enjoy the very romantic town of Varenna. I have put a book together of Michela's B&B and apartment. I will try to put a link on this review tomorrow so people interested can see all the photos. Go to: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/1759646/449fb7ad2d7bf07640384cb6eff6d7b5

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TracyC1
Reviewed 12 July 2011

As the earlier reviewer so rightly stated, Villa Michela is not in Varenna, but up in the hills in Regoledo. (We found out the hard way after spending 2hours trying to find it by car using a printout of the map from the website) But one phone call to Michela and she came straight away to pick us up, with us then learning how easy it was to get to the Villa from Varenna!

When we got to the Villa we were so pleased with our choice of stay whilst in Italy - Our room had a very unique, homely, welcoming, traditional feel and tying this in with the views from our balcony and Michela's wonderful hospitality, made our stay a very memorable one.

Michela was absolutely brilliant in every possible way. She was part cook, part tour guide but more than anything a fabulous hostess. The Villa itself is set in the most sumptuous of surroundings, with views to die for, simply stunning, with any pictures we took, doing it no justice. The Villa and area has a very peaceful, relaxing and romantic atmosphere and I would recommend anyone to stay at Villa Michela if ever staying in Varenna or anywhere nearby. If I win the EuroMillions tonight then I will almost certainly return. See you soon Villa Michela.

Ciao Ciao

Room Tip: The Suite Room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple