“Beautiful View and Great Food...”
Review of Ristorante La Comacina - CLOSED

Ristorante La Comacina
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Arlington, Virginia
“Beautiful View and Great Food...”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great restaurant...beautiful views of the lake. Lake fish was fresh and exquisitely cooked. Server was helpful and attentive. Excellent wine list. All the food from the bread to the entrees were super fresh. Reasonably priced. Highly recommended when in Sala Comacina.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Five visits in One Week”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

When my wife and I come on holiday we like to try different restaurants, very rarely coming back to the same one more than once. Tomorrow we plan our 5th visit in 6 days. The only reason we did not go on Tuesday was that it was closed (in lieu of normal Monday closing, this week being open for the Public Holiday celebrating the birth of the Italian Republic in 1946)
My wife and I have taken to working our way through the menu...each having a different Antipasto/Primo Piatto and Secondo Piatto each evening. We have been delighted and never disappointed each evening we have been. The chef uses the finest ingredients...delicious and beautifully presented. We did not have to wait too long for our meals and our waitress was attentive, pleasant but not obstrusive.
The view over the lake towards the Island and Mountains is the best on Lake Como and there is an outside terraced eating area.
The prices are reasonable, in line with other restaurants, considering the location and standard of cuisine.
We heartily recommend it!

• Visited June 2014
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

While not the best restaurant I have ever been to, the food is tasty and well cooked.

Worth checking out if you are in the area

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Delightful restaurant with beautiful views”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were staying in Sala Comacina and tried a few restaurants. This was the best value and the most relaxed. We shared a duck starter and then rabbit with pasta. Delicious. My husband then had sardines and I had steak followed by semi freddo. An excellent meal and very good value.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really lovely little place ”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We had dinner there sitting on the terrace outside which was beautiful and had a great view. The service was perfect, and the food was delicious. I had Guinea fowl which I've always wanted to try, and my husband had the mixed fried fish. We also had the plate of local cheeses which you should definitely try. A little gem.